Home General Discussion

Man O' War

jkallen83jkallen83 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 142
Well just lit up my first MOW. Think this is the original one and......I like it!!!...git it and an armada from a great feller from this forum...hadn't smoked the armada YET...but for my first MOW, I can say I like it...very smooth. ...........and also while smoking this..... ROLL TIDE!!!

Comments

• jr_p951jr_p951 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,121
    I like that origianl MoW also! IMO, it keeps getting better from there. Next try the Ruination! Excellent smoke!! Then go all in one day with the Armada. MoW makes some good cigars!!

Tigers need to rally in the second half!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    i actually think that the best MoW besides the Armada is the original blend.

Puro authentico as a close third
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    I love the original MoW. I have a few from when they were first released and have to say they taste better and better with age.
  • CharlieCordusCharlieCordus Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 84
    I agree, had my first original MOW a couple of days ago. I really enjoyed it, had a rich flavor and I personally liked it better than the ruination. I also tried the MOW special edition this fall and I really, really liked that one! My favorite is still the Armada though.
  • scarlinscarlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,592
    I've never had the original.. I did not enjoy the MoW SE at all. Ruination was OK for me which was awhile ago. I do like the Armada though
  • dowjr1dowjr1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 600
    Just fired up an original for the first time in a while and it was great. Plenty of rich flavor and really smoked without an issue. I have had these in the humi for about a year so they were perfect. For sure a quality smoke.
  • CharlieCordusCharlieCordus Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 84
    scarlin:
    I've never had the original.. I did not enjoy the MoW SE at all. Ruination was OK for me which was awhile ago. I do like the Armada though
    yeah, I picked up a smokin deal on the tin sampler over christmas and I'm planning on revisiting the Ruination soon as so many seem to like it, for me it was flavorful, but something about the flavor wasn't quite right.
  • scarlinscarlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,592
    CharlieCordus:
    scarlin:
    yeah, I'm planning on revisiting the Ruination soon as so many seem to like it, for me it was flavorful, but something about the flavor wasn't quite right.
    Same the flavor for me was different from most of the cigars I have smoked. I have em in my humi and will probably fire one up when it gets warmer.
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    the whole line is pretty good. for me, the list goes :

MOW Puro Authentico
    Ruination
    MOW Special Edition and Armada tied
    MOW Virtue.
    I have yet to try the MOW Maduro in the war chest and the new MOW PA Maduro
  • blurrblurr Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 962
    Only one I've tried is the MOW original. I jumped on a box of the corona on a whim before trying any. Now the box is over 2 yrs old I think, i smoked the first with 8 months, the second with a year and a half and they are fan-freakin-tastic. I think it may be the box that lasts until my sons 16th birthday cigar.
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    jkallen83:
    Well just lit up my first MOW. Think this is the original one and......I like it!!!...git it and an armada from a great feller from this forum...hadn't smoked the armada YET...but for my first MOW, I can say I like it...very smooth. ...........and also while smoking this..... ROLL TIDE!!!
    Make sure you've got at least a couple hours when you get ready for that Armada, and go easy on any alcohol you might be accompanying it with, it's got a pretty good kick on its own!
  • ToombesToombes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,451
    I've got a MOW Virtue resting in the humi. Should be ready in about 6-7 months.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    Toombes:
    It'll be ready sooner than that if you want it to, they do well with 6-7 months but the Virtue's don't NEED that much time.
  • ToombesToombes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,451
    bigharpoon:
    Toombes:
    It'll be ready sooner than that if you want it to, they do well with 6-7 months but the Virtue's don't NEED that much time.

I've got this sinking suspicion that curiosity and desire shall indeed get the best of me.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    Amos Umwhat:
    jkallen83:
    Make sure you've got at least a couple hours when you get ready for that Armada, and go easy on any alcohol you might be accompanying it with, it's got a pretty good kick on its own!
    agreed. id smoke this one with water only. the flavors are good and there are some delicate flavors that can get lost with an alcoholic beverage.