Home General Discussion

I....I.....didn't know.....

SalemSalem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 717
sigh....so I didn't know that the lighters that one orders do not come with butane. I clicked and clicked and clicked. Nothing. Called the guy at cigar.com and he said they could not send them with the lighter due to regulations. I feel soooooooo stupid!!!! I am a newbie in such, such a big time way that it will take me a year to get that newbie gunk off my skin, lol!!!!

Comments

• lcpleellcpleel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,447
    It happened to all of us. Lol just make sure you get good quality butane.
  • cooch36cooch36 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 711
    Salem:
    sigh....so I didn't know that the lighters that one orders do not come with butane. I clicked and clicked and clicked. Nothing. Called the guy at cigar.com and he said they could not send them with the lighter due to regulations. I feel soooooooo stupid!!!! I am a newbie in such, such a big time way that it will take me a year to get that newbie gunk off my skin, lol!!!!
    So now we know that you are blond! LOL
  • SalemSalem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 717
    cooch36:
    Salem:
    So now we know that you are blond! LOL
    I really AM blond!!! lol! Hey...I never ordered a lighter before so.....oh shoot....I'm still blond no matter what, lol!
  • The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    Meh, dont sweat it. Like the folks above said, make sure you get good butane - double refined at a minimum, triple if you can find it. What lighter did you get BTW?

• jr_p951jr_p951 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,121
    My first time buying a torch was this past time in Afghanistan. I always used Bics or matches. Well...there I was half way around the world clicking away in the smoke pit with my new torch lighter...nothing happened! I was so mad when I figured out it was empty. Then I learned that noone can even ship me butane! So...the lighter rode out a deployment in the desert. Then I gave it to a friend when we got back. Never even used the d@mn thing!
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    We all have grown here. If you could go back and look at each of our first posts you would call us a bunch of noobie dorks. Just be sure to buy some quality butane to ensure your lighter does not get clogged and quit working on you. In the future maybe consider a XIKAR and get that lifetime warranty.

Bottom line is do not feel bad or stupid. We all enjoy helping the new people who get excited about cigars and decide to get heavily involved. It is fun and making new friends here is great.
    The Sniper:
    Meh, dont sweat it. Like the folks above said, make sure you get good butane - double refined at a minimum, triple if you can find it. What lighter did you get BTW?

I got this one: image
  • cooch36cooch36 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 711
    Salem:
    The Sniper:

Nice lighter Salem.
    cooch36:
    Salem:
    The Sniper:

Nice lighter Salem.
    Thanks!! Now if I can just get her lit, lol!!
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    There are videos on youtube that can show you how to fill up, bleed out air, etc on butane lighters. Might want to check them out, they are some that are very thorough.
    Thank you because I know nothing about how to do it.
  • Steve2010Steve2010 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,036
    It happens. There's only one place that ships butane overseas to an APO address.

Just be glad you're not the guy I heard about at the bar that took the cello AND the wrapper off his cigar and was smoking the binder and filler...and was blabbing about what a connoisseur he was.

Steve2010:
    It happens. There's only one place that ships butane overseas to an APO address.

Just be glad you're not the guy I heard about at the bar that took the cello AND the wrapper off his cigar and was smoking the binder and filler...and was blabbing about what a connoisseur he was.

Hahahaha!! Even I know better than that, LOL!!!
  • CharlieCordusCharlieCordus Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 84
    Salem:
    The Sniper:

I got the same one about 6 months ago. I filled'er up and clicked and clicked away. She wouldn't light. I thought that xikar was really high quality when I bought it and was ticked off! So I Went back to my old lighter for a couple of days.

Then I tried the xikar again and worked with it. I found out that there is a pretty small zone on the +/- dial in which my version of this lighter will actually light up. Once I figured that out I have found it to be an excellent lighter. The range in which it works is more than enough adjustment.