Home Non Cigar Related

Hobbies Anyone?

Comments

• SalemSalem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 717
    I enjoy coin collecting (well getting my coin collection going again after they were stolen in Oct), riding motorcycles, and camping, love animals.
  • slickricslickric Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 705
    im a big movie buff. i like tasting different whiskeys also. so i do all my hobbies at once. drink whiskey, smoke cigars, and watch a movie
  • jasonusa1jasonusa1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 729
    slickric:
    im a big movie buff. i like tasting different whiskeys also. so i do all my hobbies at once. drink whiskey, smoke cigars, and watch a movie
    BOOM! I'm with slick here.
  • JDHJDH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,107
    sol1821:
    JDH:
    sol1821:
    ive got the camra recipe book, if there are any beers you are thinking of making let me know and ill see if i have the recipe for them ;)
    You may be getting a pm from me mext month, that could be interesting.
    cool ill look out for it, if you want pm me an email address and ill send you the index from the recipe book, that way you can have a think about what recipes you want to have a look at ;)
    OK, Done
  • JDHJDH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,107
    slickric:
    When we were in Ireland last spring, I got a crash course in Irish Whiskey, which is not real big in the States. Lordy, they have some fine whiskey over there. Unfortunately, I couldn't bring back very much, but I still have a bottle of something called The Wild Geese, and Greenore; they're both smooth as silk, both with a delicate, almost floral note, but they'll both sneak up on you. Trying to think of a Scotch to compare to, maybe Highland Park 18 year, but not really. Definately that smooth, but not as heavy.
    jasonusa1:
    slickric:
    BOOM! I'm with slick here.
    this being said, we really need to get together
    JDH:
    slickric:
    When we were in Ireland last spring, I got a crash course in Irish Whiskey, which is not real big in the States. Lordy, they have some fine whiskey over there. Unfortunately, I couldn't bring back very much, but I still have a bottle of something called The Wild Geese, and Greenore; they're both smooth as silk, both with a delicate, almost floral note, but they'll both sneak up on you. Trying to think of a Scotch to compare to, maybe Highland Park 18 year, but not really. Definately that smooth, but not as heavy.
    one day i will get to ireland and enjoy the whiskey tours
  • sol1821sol1821 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 706
    JDH:
    sol1821:
    JDH:
    sol1821:
    ive got the camra recipe book, if there are any beers you are thinking of making let me know and ill see if i have the recipe for them ;)
    You may be getting a pm from me mext month, that could be interesting.
    cool ill look out for it, if you want pm me an email address and ill send you the index from the recipe book, that way you can have a think about what recipes you want to have a look at ;)
    OK, Done
    you have mail :)
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    slickric:
    Oh dude... Movie buff... Ha. I have a problem. I have something like 4,500 movies on DVD, blu-ray, or VHS. Spent crazy amount of time watching films.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    Outdoor stuff is fun. I unicycle, for real. Played on a university drum line here for 4 years, do the guitar thing and play heavy stuff but also play in church and with a campus ministry. I want to start playing with the stock market some. I enjoy business, money, and econ/finance stuff.
  • JSaintJSaint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,848
    Direwolf:
    JSaint:
    Direwolf:
    I still play the odd campaign of AD&D
    Which campaign? I play with a group still. We get together drink beer and hang out.
    Just joined a group for guys my age to play . My buddy from back home (MS) is going to be running a game online for a few of us too.. Used to play WaterDeep and Ravensloft. Played Vampire , Werewolf ,Cyberpunk 2020.
    Nice. Our dm didnt tell us what we were going to play until one night he took out Queen of the Spiders........I guess no one can survive this campaign. Sucks lol.
  • scarlinscarlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,592
    Skiing, Scuba Diving, BMWs, investing (yes it is one of my hobbies), watching tv, anything Pittsburgh except Univ of Pitt.
    docbp87:
    slickric:
    Oh dude... Movie buff... Ha. I have a problem. I have something like 4,500 movies on DVD, blu-ray, or VHS. Spent crazy amount of time watching films.
    i have close to 4 terrabytes of movies saved on hard drives. i need help...i even post them on my own media server so i can stream my own stuff anywhere i am. just like the cloud only i have been doing this long before. makes those long night shifts feel shorter
  • CvilleECvilleE Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,177
    slickric:
    docbp87:
    slickric:
    i have close to 4 terrabytes of movies saved on hard drives. i need help...i even post them on my own media server so i can stream my own stuff anywhere i am. just like the cloud only i have been doing this long before. makes those long night shifts feel shorter
    I don't have that many on file, but I feel like i fit...I watch most movies as they come out...lol then make room for more....used to collect a lot of cards, racing stuff (still waiting on pics of E's collection lol...) but lately just drinks, cigars, and movies....
  • KriegerKrieger Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 337
    I work on, build, and race cars for fun. I also shoot my guns, listen to music that gets me thinking, and I Thoroughly enjoy my job as an EMT, and will love it even more when I finally take my state exam to become a Paramedic here this month.
  • jimmyv723jimmyv723 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,497
    In addition to cigars I smoke a pipe as well. I recently gave carving a pipe a shot and it was pretty cool and I'm working on another one as well. I also play guitar and went to school to learn how to build and repair them. I really enjoy photography and have been working on improving with that over the last year and a half. Other stuff I enjoy are playing Poker, watching movies, playing video games, listening to music and I'm a big sports junkie as well.
    sol1821:
    i used to do that, only ever lost one battle and that was my first one, it was against one of the guys that worked at the shop lol. i challenged him to a re match a few months later and whooped his *** so its all good.
    i was quite good at the painting just dont have the time for it now :(
    is it war hammer you do mainly? i used to collect the lotr stuff
    still got all the good ones in a display cabinet
    Been playing both Fantasy and 40K since I was in middle school. Currently have a 2000 pt Word Bearers army, 1500 of Black Templar, and a few thousand points Warriors of Chaos in fantasy. In addition to that stuff, I have more assorted minis than I have room for, from every army under the sun, and every game system out there. I am a big Tolkien nerd, and have been for ages, so the LOTR models are awesome, especially the characters that are from The Silmarillion, like Glorfindel who is one of the most badass characters in Fantasy literature, but since he has such a minor role in Fellowship, and similarly small in Silmarillion, most don't know who he is.

Glad to see that there are some D&D players here. Makes me feel less nerdy lol.
    I am a huge War Hammer fan, but never had the guts to tackle painting those miniatures. Played once at my local SciFi shop and whooped ass. Imperial cavalry round the flank, archers obliterating their charging chaos inf, and my halberdiers beating them back every time. I really wish I had picked up on the game back when more locals played it.
    Yeah, playing huge games, especially Fantasy, with huge regiments, blocks of infantry, and cavalry flanking, and charging across the field, and then you know, giants, and dragons on top of that causing mayhem... Its cool as hell.
  • dowjr1dowjr1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 600
    I train Jiu-Jitsu and am the owner and head instructor for Fightworks Academy in Sterling VA. www.fightworks.net if you are interested in learning more or don't know what Jiu-Jitsu is. I am Relson Gracie's 39th Black Belt.
    War Hammer books also another favorite of mine... I love to lock myself away for 6 or 7 hours on a day off (i get one or two every few months...) and read through a book... then pick up another and keep going! lmao
  • drpepperdudedrpepperdude Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 298
    I have a lot of hobbies that are friendly to sitting down with a cigar:

video games (TF2, Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War franchise), collect and watch anime, read novels (sci-fi/fantasy), movies.

Good to see so many Warhammer/40K folks in here... guess cigar hobbyists are cut from mostly the same cloth. :)

Been reading 40k Novels recently. Horus Heresy series (so 30K, actually, I guess lol), and I think they are some of the best Black Library novels out there. Obviously those written by Graham Mcneill and Dan Abnett are superior, with the rest only achieving varying levels of success (Battle for the Abyss for instance... is unreadable, while The First Heretic is pretty decent, those examples being relevant to my interests as a Word Bearers player for ages)
    Anyone ever read the Konrad Series? I LOOOVVVVEEEE those books.
    Here's what I like to do with wooden cigar boxes: I love to collect wooden cigar boxes. imageimageimage
  • Steve2010Steve2010 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,036
    docbp87:
    stephen_hannibal:
    docbp87:
    Ha. Other than cigars, my hobbies are farrrrr too nerdy to post in this thread, at least yet. Maybe if someone else does first.
    dude unless you collect pokemon cards I think you're good.
    Tabletop miniature wargames do it? I've been collecting and playing various Games Workshop games since I was in middle school. I have won painting contests, etc. Serious business.

My wife is a nerd. She used to play a lot of D&D, Warhammer(?), etc...

When I'm at home, I'm a golfer (when I carried a USGA handicap, I was a 10.9).
    While I'm working here in Kuwait, I play MW3 on X Box and smoke cigars.

We also love to travel, camp in our RV. Here's a pic of us in Charleston (I love Charleston). image
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    Wow, Doc you have a huge movie collection. I have just under 2,000 with about 100 blus. Way too many to move around..

My other hobby's would be, I love board games, my wife and our two other friends do get together like every other weekend. Now we are playing twilight imperium.

I buy up a lot of star wars stuff, use to do figures, sold a lot of them, then mini busts, sold a lot but kept a good amount, now am doing figures in the 1/6th scale and higher. Some props and what not.

Started pipe smoking

I love technology, so I am always getting new home theater stuff, and always new computer components. I game a lot too.

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    docbp87:
    sol1821:
    i used to do that, only ever lost one battle and that was my first one, it was against one of the guys that worked at the shop lol. i challenged him to a re match a few months later and whooped his *** so its all good.
    i was quite good at the painting just dont have the time for it now :(
    is it war hammer you do mainly? i used to collect the lotr stuff
    still got all the good ones in a display cabinet
    Been playing both Fantasy and 40K since I was in middle school. Currently have a 2000 pt Word Bearers army, 1500 of Black Templar, and a few thousand points Warriors of Chaos in fantasy. In addition to that stuff, I have more assorted minis than I have room for, from every army under the sun, and every game system out there. I am a big Tolkien nerd, and have been for ages, so the LOTR models are awesome, especially the characters that are from The Silmarillion, like Glorfindel who is one of the most badass characters in Fantasy literature, but since he has such a minor role in Fellowship, and similarly small in Silmarillion, most don't know who he is.

Glad to see that there are some D&D players here. Makes me feel less nerdy lol.
    Gentle Giant and even sideshow have some great LOTR stuff. Not sure if you knew that or not.
  • baknoxbaknox Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 15
    I do a lot of hunting, golfing, shoot sporting clays, throw darts