Home General Discussion

Who was it told me I'd need a bigger Humi??

SalemSalem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 717
They were right! That's going to be my next purchase. I have a 20 count, but if I buy some more cigars to share, I'll need a bigger one. I think I better hold back though and get a 40 or 50 count. Would love bigger but really need to hold back a bit. Any suggestions on a good one like this?

Hey guys, I hope I'm not horning in on your forum too much. It's just that this is a great place to hang out. I'm no harm, been married forever, and just like to hang out. Hubby knows I'm here and does not fret about it.

Comments

• deejmemixxdeejmemixx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,064
    Salem:
    They were right! That's going to be my next purchase. I have a 20 count, but if I buy some more cigars to share, I'll need a bigger one. I think I better hold back though and get a 40 or 50 count. Would love bigger but really need to hold back a bit. Any suggestions on a good one like this?

Hey guys, I hope I'm not horning in on your forum too much. It's just that this is a great place to hang out. I'm no harm, been married forever, and just like to hang out. Hubby knows I'm here and does not fret about it.
    dont do it! Go and get a 20 dollar cooler at wally world. you will be happy you did.
  • SalemSalem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 717
    deejmemixx:
    Salem:

dont do it! Go and get a 20 dollar cooler at wally world. you will be happy you did.
    Why is it better than a Hum? (forgive my ignorance, lol). And how do you rig up a cooler to be a Humi or do they call it a Coolidor, lol?? I sure would rather spend the less money.
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,064
    Salem:
    deejmemixx:
    Salem:

Why is it better than a Hum? (forgive my ignorance, lol). And how do you rig up a cooler to be a Humi or do they call it a Coolidor, lol?? I sure would rather spend the less money.
    Space, Space Space. All you need is some cigar boxes for storage in it, some RH beads and you are set to go. And yes they call it a coolidor :D. Check out the thread "show your set up" you will see lots of coolers in there. I am very happy I did that.

but dont get a small lunch sized one hehe, get a 48 qt+++
    deejmemixx:
    Salem:
    deejmemixx:
    Salem:

Space, Space Space. All you need is some cigar boxes for storage in it, some RH beads and you are set to go. And yes they call it a coolidor :D. Check out the thread "show your set up" you will see lots of coolers in there. I am very happy I did that.

but dont get a small lunch sized one hehe, get a 48 qt+++
    Hey thanks!!
  • jj20030jj20030 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,448
    if you want a real humidor thou just go ahead and get a 300 count, trust me,lol
  • RampMonkeyRampMonkey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,808
    jj20030:
    if you want a real humidor thou just go ahead and get a 300 count, trust me,lol
    Have to agree with the JJ here, love mine that I had gotten just last month. So nice, I wondered how I did without it. a BIG +1 here
  • chemforeverchemforever Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,200
    Go big or go home as they say. Like others have said either a cooler or 300 count should serve you well...for a few months!
  • cooch36cooch36 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 711
    Listen to them I went from a 50 to a 48 qt coolidor to a tower. Do not waste your time underbuying again. do the cooler and it will help you find your stock size and if you over flow then time for a 1500 plus. I'm actually thinking about building a walk-in. I have permission just figuring out how much humidification I'd need thats where the project money goes for me up to like $2000, so I'm weighing options.
    This is one of my favs on cigar.com. image
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    yeah a cooler would be best right now. That way if you do fill it up you can use it for other things. humi's are spendy and take up space. coolers are what, 10-15 bucks. Then when that gets filled you can always get a tower or larger. I had four large plastic tubs filled before I got a tower. I'm already thinking about getting another one.
  • jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
    phobicsquirrel:
    yeah a cooler would be best right now. That way if you do fill it up you can use it for other things. humi's are spendy and take up space. coolers are what, 10-15 bucks. Then when that gets filled you can always get a tower or larger. I had four large plastic tubs filled before I got a tower. I'm already thinking about getting another one.

Another idea that I think is worth looking into is the plastic bucket like Kingofthecove is using. I suggest you ask him about how he's doing it.

I don't have the need, but if I did, I could buy buckets of this type for a buck or two from just about any donut shop. A few years back, I bought a bunch of 'em for a dollar each for use in my shop. Just sayin'......
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    If you are thinking 50 count you seriously need to go 150 or higher. You can get some really good humidor deals if you look around. Before you know it you will have a couple humidors and they will be stuffed.
  • Nick2021Nick2021 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 938
    Would seriously recommend a cooler....I have an Aristocrat MxT that's filled to the max, 4 desktops full, and may have to get a large cooler (which my wife didn't like hearing after breaking the news to her lol). Cooler is cheap, holds a lot of cigars, and will allow you to save for a bigger humi...just get some beads...maybe some cedar panels from used cigar boxes and you're good to go. As others have said cigars seem to grow in quantity (at least for me), rather than decrease, and humidors can become expensive. When I got my Aristocrat I went 2 sizes bigger at the advice of my friends'...now I am out of room lol
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,762
    Salem:
    I have this one, holds about 100 and I outgrew it quickly. Personally, I love my cooler. If you have a humidor, use that one to smoke out of, put it on display, let it look nice. Buy a cooler and use it for storage and aging and to restock your nice looking humidor from it. It works as a great system and costs very little; this way you can spend the difference with one of the reps here and start stocking the cooler immediately.
    bandyt09:
    Salem:
    I have this one, holds about 100 and I outgrew it quickly. Personally, I love my cooler. If you have a humidor, use that one to smoke out of, put it on display, let it look nice. Buy a cooler and use it for storage and aging and to restock your nice looking humidor from it. It works as a great system and costs very little; this way you can spend the difference with one of the reps here and start stocking the cooler immediately.
    Really great idea!!
  • ThewelderThewelder Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 679
    Sorry guys but I gotta say go with a wine fridge. Climate control, air circulation, and much cheaper than a humidor. I absolutly love mine
    Thewelder:
    Sorry guys but I gotta say go with a wine fridge. Climate control, air circulation, and much cheaper than a humidor. I absolutly love mine
    Picture? And where to get one?
    Thewelder:
    . I was thinking about getting one, would save on ac over the summer. Moving eventually though and don't want to hall it around. Finding shelves to match models that change diminution seems to be a challenge too.
    Duplicate, usually the forum doesn't allow this :/
  • ToombesToombes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,451
    Salem:

I'm getting to be in the same boat, Salem. Guess I'm off to Wally-World...
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,214
    Humidors are like gun safes. They never hold as much as the manufacturer says they will, and it seems like you're always needing a bigger one.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    zoom6zoom:
    Humidors are like gun safes. They never hold as much as the manufacturer says they will, and it seems like you're always needing a bigger one.
    lol, yep...but my wife will kill me if I start buying coolers and leaving those around the house filled w/ cigars. She likes my new cabinet because "it doesn't look like a humidor". I guess I'm also old fashioned, I like my cigars to be in an actual nice looking piece of furniture.
  • crzydimnd68crzydimnd68 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 136
    It all depends of course on how you plan on using your humidor.Are you going to keep some around for smoking? Or do you intend on hoarding them for prosperity sake? If so,go with the largest air tight container you can find.Cabinet.Cooler.Refridgerator.Converted motorhome.Otherwise I would go with a 100 ct humidor with plenty of room for singles and a few samplers.I currently have about 40 in mine.With room for anything I find along the way.Although I am not married.It is probably easier on a couple that is.Especially when the spouse does not approve.Makes liquidating alot easier.Just my .02 : )
    crzydimnd68:
    It all depends of course on how you plan on using your humidor.Are you going to keep some around for smoking? Or do you intend on hoarding them for prosperity sake? If so,go with the largest air tight container you can find.Cabinet.Cooler.Refridgerator.Converted motorhome.Otherwise I would go with a 100 ct humidor with plenty of room for singles and a few samplers.I currently have about 40 in mine.With room for anything I find along the way.Although I am not married.It is probably easier on a couple that is.Especially when the spouse does not approve.Makes liquidating alot easier.Just my .02 : )
    Oh words of wisdom!!!!