Home General Discussion

Anyone a fan of Beer and Cigars?

JSaintJSaint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,848
I've been a craft beer fanatic for about as long as I have been smoking cigars. So when I was offered a tubo that read HOPZ I had to try it. Awesome hop flavor which was really odd. Didnt come through to well for me near the end though because the beer I was drinking was overpowering it I think. Has anyone else tried these smokes? Oh and this was the first cigar of the winter =/. Havent really had much time to smoke even though it is oddly warm here this month.

Comments

• KCWKCW Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,253
    JSaint:
    I've been a craft beer fanatic for about as long as I have been smoking cigars. So when I was offered a tubo that read HOPZ I had to try it. Awesome hop flavor which was really odd. Didnt come through to well for me near the end though because the beer I was drinking was overpowering it I think. Has anyone else tried these smokes? Oh and this was the first cigar of the winter =/. Havent really had much time to smoke even though it is oddly warm here this month.
    Yes. A fan of both Beer & Cigars. I mostly drink Beer when I smoke Cigars. However, not a big Craft Beer guy. I really Like Newcastle Brown Ale, Sam Adams Boston Lager & most of the "regular imports" with my smokes.
  • jj20030jj20030 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,448
    yes, beer and cigars, like all the barleywines ive ever tried http://beeradvocate.com/beer/style/19
  • JSaintJSaint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,848
    jj20030:
    yes, beer and cigars, like all the barleywines ive ever tried http://beeradvocate.com/beer/style/19
    Cracked open a Gnarlywine recently from Lagunitas. Was from 07. Damn good aging beer. I have an '11 sitting in my cellar.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    KCW:
    JSaint:
    Yes. A fan of both Beer & Cigars. I mostly drink Beer when I smoke Cigars. However, not a big Craft Beer guy. I really Like Newcastle Brown Ale, Sam Adams Boston Lager & most of the "regular imports" with my smokes.
    +1. These too are my "regular import" favs. Also add XX brown.
  • Jiffy78Jiffy78 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 30
    I love Stone Cellar Ruination IPA. When I get home I plan on "A night of Ruination" with my IPA and a Man o' War Ruination.
  • wwesternwwestern Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,386
    Fine beers and fine cigars never go for me but miller lite will let that stick shine just as if you had water.
  • JSaintJSaint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,848
    wwestern:
    Fine beers and fine cigars never go for me but miller lite will let that stick shine just as if you had water.
    Oh light beers.......lol. Wheres Lassie when you need him? lol
  • HeavyHeavy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,590
    You might as well ask me: "Are you a fan of breathing air?"
  • GrazuhGrazuh Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 164
    Heavy:
    You might as well ask me: "Are you a fan of breathing air?"
    I'm with this guy.
  • allsmokedupallsmokedup Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 738
    Jiffy78:
    I love Stone Cellar Ruination IPA. When I get home I plan on "A night of Ruination" with my IPA and a Man o' War Ruination.

I was going to try this, even purchased a Stone Ruination to take to my friend's house. Then I forgot my MoW Ruinations at home. The Stone Ruination is sitting at my friend's place and dreaming of the day I sacrifice it in the Ruination milieu.

Someday....
  • jr_p951jr_p951 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,121
    allsmokedup:
    Jiffy78:

I was going to try this, even purchased a Stone Ruination to take to my friend's house. Then I forgot my MoW Ruinations at home. The Stone Ruination is sitting at my friend's place and dreaming of the day I sacrifice it in the Ruination milieu.

Someday....
    The Ruination Beer is a fantastic beer!! Very flavorful! The Ruination Cigar is one of my fav cigars too! I do like both alot but the Beer is verrrrry stong tasting! I would think that the beer might wash out the cigar. If you pair these up, let me know how it goes! It would be interesting to hear your review.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    i love a good beer and i love a good cigar but i almost never mix the two. i dont know exactly why. i like each one in its purest form so i think it may be because i feel one will always overpower the other. usually the beer wins.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Hey Kuzi, I thought I might be the only one. But one beer I do like with a Cigar is Fat Tire. Don't know why.
  • CharlieCordusCharlieCordus Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 84
    wwestern:

+1 I enjoy many different types of beer. But with cigars I only seem to enjoy something like a Bud Light. Otherwise the beer overpowers the cigar for me.