Home General Discussion

Best sampler

SalemSalem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 717
I'm looking for a sampler that has a variety of great cigars in them. I've been looking and I just can't figure out which would be the best. In YOUR opinions, which sampler on this site would offer the best variety of cigars? I want to build my cigars up so I can trade/bomb some folks to show my appreciation for being accepted here. Since I'm limited on my knowledge of good cigars, I need your help.

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    i would try THIS may be a good option. of course you get it times two so you can age the "aging sampler"
  • acewoodsonacewoodson Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 191
    The Cigar.com Awards sampler would be a great place to start. You get a sampling of mild, medium, and full bodied cigars. Along with that you get some less expensive cigars as well as some super premiums. This will give you a wide variety to experiment and find some things you like plus help you treat someone to a nice surprise. Hope that helps.
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,762
    Kuzi's suggestion is sound. Another suggestion is to put a dollar amount together and call Tim or Andy or any one of the reps and talk to them about what you are looking for; in strength, in flavors, in sizes etc., and what you have enjoyed smoking in the past. Then let them work their magic in putting together a customized "Salem Sampler", you won't be disappointed.
  • rudel.dietrichrudel.dietrich Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 33
    Salem:
    I'm looking for a sampler that has a variety of great cigars in them. I've been looking and I just can't figure out which would be the best. In YOUR opinions, which sampler on this site would offer the best variety of cigars? I want to build my cigars up so I can trade/bomb some folks to show my appreciation for being accepted here. Since I'm limited on my knowledge of good cigars, I need your help.
    The 2011 Awards sampler and the Big Brand Classics are both good samplers and a good value. I find Samplers and the Sprint Sales to be the best way of increasing your inventory without breaking the bank. Buying singles is hardly ever a good option and boxes are expensive and until you know what you like you run the risk of spending a lot of money on something you may end up not liking.

The 2011 Award sampler has a Ave Maria Reconquista which alone is a $20 value. It is really a tremendous sampler. And the Big Brand Classics has a lot of well established names which are tried and true and have been smoked by thousands of smokers so there is a good chance you will like them too.

Make sure you check out the Sprint Sales too. I have made a few purchases from it and so far have saved on average 40-60%. I have ten 5 Vegas Gold, ten 5 Vegas AAA, ten Pueblo Dominicano and a box of La Perla all on their way to me. I got all of that for about $110. 50 Cigars. That is about $2.20 a stick.
  • rudel.dietrichrudel.dietrich Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 33
    I will also add that the Gurka build your own sampler for $30 is a tremendous value.
  • CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 239
    If you want good I would get the Super Premium Six Dbl Stack Sampler. All premium, all winners, can't go wrong.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    I spent a lot of money on singles the last two years... Samplers are the way to go honestly, but it's hard to find them with good selections. The aforementioned are great, then look for the bulk and the sprints when you figure what you like. I'm glad I bought a lot of singles, and still do from time to time. That way I know what to jump on. I still have 20 or so on my list, but I am stocked on what I like. Beware the beard...and buy a bigger humidor
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,377
    Call Kelly or Tim and have them set you up. Tell them what you have in mind and I promise they will put something together for you.
  • djbeeniedjbeenie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 469
    I love this sampler: THIS
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,539
    I think if you want to deviate from the standard samplers, I agree you should give The Beard a $ amount and tell him what you have tried and what you liked and let The Beard work his magic. You will then feel his awesomeness and understand why he is a legend.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    djbeenie:
    I love this sampler: THIS
    damn, I might jump on that...
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    It can be ruff to pick one out sometimes. One than I really liked was the freedom sampler and it's not to hard on the pocket book.
  • ThewelderThewelder Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 679
    I would say the DD corona sampler today would be a good one
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    kuzi16:
    i would try THIS may be a good option. of course you get it times two so you can age the "aging sampler"
    MoW Virtue in an aging sampler? That one surprises me.

I'd do as a couple people have suggested and contact The Beard and tell him what you've liked so far and what you want to try. He'll work magic.
  • boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,101
    ShotgunJohn:
    I think if you want to deviate from the standard samplers, I agree you should give The Beard a $ amount and tell him what you have tried and what you liked and let The Beard work his magic. You will then feel his awesomeness and understand why he is a legend.
    hahaha, yeah, we all joke about Tim knowing magic, but its so true. Seriouly Salem, take advantage of the best part of cigar.com. . . . Customer Service and the sales team. Call a sales rep or email one, introduce yourself and tell them that your a forum member and what your looking for or what you've enjoyed so far and they can put together someting special for you.

its a win win. And next time, ask for the same person and the custom relationship goes from there. Ccom is like a B&M that happens to be online.
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,707
    The 90+ rated super sampler was one of the first ones I got. I thought it was a great variety. Sadly, it would seem it has since sold out.