Home General Discussion

Cigar box wall art

danielruasdanielruas Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 778
So with my new found freedom comes lots of empty wall space and the freedom to put whatever the hell I want where ever the hell I want. So I was sitting there in my living room thinking "that wall sure does look empty above your gorgeous humidor". So I looks around and I see some empty cigar boxes that I had been using to store cigar related accessories and bands and cigar.com bags. Well the end result is this, some wall art type storage shadow box things. I really like them and I figure if I ever get sick of them I can swap them out for different boxes.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Comments

• danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    danielruas:
    So with my new found freedom comes lots of empty wall space and the freedom to put whatever the hell I want where ever the hell I want. So I was sitting there in my living room thinking "that wall sure does look empty above your gorgeous humidor". So I looks around and I see some empty cigar boxes that I had been using to store cigar related accessories and bands and cigar.com bags. Well the end result is this, some wall art type storage shadow box things. I really like them and I figure if I ever get sick of them I can swap them out for different boxes.

Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Nice idea! What did you use to mount them?
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,647
    I like that. Nice.
  • dopeyferreedopeyferree Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 274
  • danielruasdanielruas Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 778
    I just drilled some holes in the wall and popped in drywall anchors then drilled small holes through the boxes and screwed them to the wall.
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,647
    danielzreyes:
    danielruas:

Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Both of your names look alike, I got confused.
  • danielruasdanielruas Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 778
    roland_7707:
    danielzreyes:
    danielruas:

Both of your names look alike, I got confused.
    Haha I didn't notice that but that is pretty funny, like I was asking myself questions.
  • taythegibstaythegibs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,024
    I think that looks really good on the yellow wall, maybe a few lighter colored boxes would look good on my charcoal colored walls... thanks for the idea!
  • sol1821sol1821 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 706
    thats a seriously cool idea,
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    That's F'ing awesome Daniel, way to go brother!!!!
  • jr_p951jr_p951 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,121
    Looks good! If you feel the boxes stick out to far, you could do just the box tops. The box does give you space as a shelf also!! I like it! Looks like good manrage decorations!
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    This looks awesome man.
  • musicman3musicman3 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 622
    Sweet idea man. Looks nice.
  • DirewolfDirewolf Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,493
    They do look good on the wall like that
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    That's an awesome idea! And if they are at shoulder height, then you can put your stuff in it, like lighter fluid and your cutter and stuff, kinda like a secret compartment!
  • spindriftspindrift Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 818
    Those look great....
  • KevinFittsKevinFitts Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 225
    Looks Great man..... If you want to hang any more boxes, feel free to send the cigars here for safe keeping. LOL
  • JDHJDH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,107
    Another great idea for what to do with cigar boxes. Good job! I'm thiniing I might line a bunch of 'em together, and mount them so that they make a narrow shelf, and you could open the boxes for additional storage...