Home General Discussion

Got my new humi today!

2»

Comments

• james40james40 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,450
    bandyt09:
    Krieg:
    fuentejps:
    agreed the oasis 2 takes up a ton. im downswizing myself. krieg, beautiful humi
    bandyt09:
    Krieg:
    kuzi16:
    how many does the top drawer hold?
    Not exactly sure Matt, but my est is at least 100-150 cigars
    Damn Matt, I wish I knew Chris was getting this as I have virtually the same thing and I just took eveything out ( I would have counted ) and put them into bags. I could do 2 rows with 3 high plus a little extra room, so I would guess I got close to 150 to 175 in the top.

Chris, for humidification, you could use the small Oasis and beads. I am running the large Oasis II and it takes up a lot of space.
    So would the regular sized oasis be enough for this humi or would I need some beads too?
    Oasis and beads would be great.
    . Which oasis and you think a lb of beads is good? Would you break up the beads to 2 sacks, one on each shelf?
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,762
    james40:
    bandyt09:
    Krieg:
    fuentejps:
    bandyt09:
    Krieg:
    kuzi16:
    Damn Matt, I wish I knew Chris was getting this as I have virtually the same thing and I just took eveything out ( I would have counted ) and put them into bags. I could do 2 rows with 3 high plus a little extra room, so I would guess I got close to 150 to 175 in the top.

Chris, for humidification, you could use the small Oasis and beads. I am running the large Oasis II and it takes up a lot of space.
    So would the regular sized oasis be enough for this humi or would I need some beads too?
    . Which oasis and you think a lb of beads is good? Would you break up the beads to 2 sacks, one on each shelf?
    I think the regular Oasis would be just fine and I would do at least 1lb if not 2lbs of beads and place them in different places. I am running the Oasis II and have a pound of beads and it does well, however, the Oasis II takes up too much room.
  • fuentejpsfuentejps Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 345
    in my in wall i run the oasis 2 and 2 lbs of beads, 1 bag top and one bag bottom. in the winter i run the oasis but in summer i unplug it and the beads keep it perfect.
    bandyt09:
    james40:
    bandyt09:
    Krieg:
    fuentejps:
    bandyt09:
    Krieg:
    kuzi16:

I think the regular Oasis would be just fine and I would do at least 1lb if not 2lbs of beads and place them in different places. I am running the Oasis II and have a pound of beads and it does well, however, the Oasis II takes up too much room.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    Very nice pick up man! Looks great!
  • dowjr1dowjr1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 600
    Looks awesome bro! I have a 5 ft cabinet humi and Humicare XG1000 and I am thinking of swapping it out for some beads as it is just bulky. That said I do like the air circulation it provides so...
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    Well, I got the weather stripping on and now I've started to season it. Now...just need to order some RH devices.
    Well, I got a humi care RH device from The Beard. Gonna hook it up and see how it does in my new cabinet.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    if you put beads anywhere put them as high up in the humidor as you can and keep them slightly undercharged. humidity rises. if you keep the beads up there it will help prevent over humidification better than if they are lower.
    kuzi16:
    if you put beads anywhere put them as high up in the humidor as you can and keep them slightly undercharged. humidity rises. if you keep the beads up there it will help prevent over humidification better than if they are lower.
    Yeah, I planned on consolidating one of my humidors and using the beads from that humi for that top shelf. Great minds think alike ;)