Home Cigar 101

Pirate's Gold?

alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
Has anyone tried the Rolando Reyes Sr Pirate's Gold? I am looking for a cheap daily cigar, like a corona size I can smoke during lunch at work that would run me around $1.50 a stick or so. From what I have read on these, I think I would dig em. I want something mellow but still flavorful, but not spicy or peppery. If anyone here has tried them, are the maduro or naturals any good?

Comments

• madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    Reyes Family makes or made Puros Indios. I know he's well respected but I'm not a fan of his blends. Taste like drug store cigars to me.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    Right on, your suggestions have all been spot on so far, thanks for the advice. They also have Oliveros Classic for real cheap, I will probably pick those up instead. I'm not expecting great smokes here, but I would like something with good flavor and decent construction. The biggest thing about the Pirate's Gold was that you have to buy like 40 of em, so if they are sh!t, you're stuck with a ton of sticks you won't smoke. The Oliveros are only 25 in a bundle and actually a little cheaper than the PG.
  • madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    Thanks, I appreciate that Alien. Its just one man's opinion about Reyes family cigars so take it for what it is. I've never had an Oliveros so I can't comment on them, not even sure who makes them. Honestly I'd recommend calling Ccom and telling them which cigars you like and let them know you are looking for a corona-sized (maybe smaller) cigar and get some recommendations. You may end up getting hooked up with a much higher quality cigar for the same price as the "everyday" smokes.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    I think the Pirate's Gold is ok. Nothing to make your jaw drop in astonishment, but I've gotten worse for a higher price.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    for cheap i try for free cuba, or the cigar.com house blends.