Home General Discussion

Describe your perfect cigar smoking situation

SalemSalem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 717
I described mine in another post. How about you, what is your perfect cigar smoking situation?. Where? With who? What's going on? Drinking anything? I don't have any cigars right at the moment smoked my last one I had yesterday, (I'm being adopted so that's ok, lol), so I want to live vicariously through you, lol!!

Comments

• BigT06BigT06 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,899
    last night was pretty perfect for me... alone in my office, nice drink and an OpusX, Undercrown, and a Tatuaje La Verite 2009... don't get much better than that for me!
  • DirewolfDirewolf Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,493
    I have a bench at the beach I like to sit at and have my morning coffee, and a stick. Will get there and watch the sun up and listen to the waves crash.
  • djbeeniedjbeenie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 469
    In the summer time, I love riding in a boat on the Lake having a drink and smoke. Just Perfect!
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    The cigar lounge of a cruise ship. Used to go all the time, but since I went back to school we've had to cut back.
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,707
    In a hot tub with Brooklyn Decker, with a little Steely Dan on the surround sound, while Paula Dean serves us (me) pancakes. How's that?
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    y2pascoe:
    In a hot tub with Brooklyn Decker, with a little Steely Dan on the surround sound, while Paula Dean serves us (me) pancakes. How's that?
    I was thinkin Gisele Bundchen, and belgian waffles... But close enough!!!!!!!!!!
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,707
    The Kid:
    y2pascoe:
    I was thinkin Gisele Bundchen, and belgian waffles... But close enough!!!!!!!!!!
    Ah, but Gisele's married to my boy Tom Brady, and I wouldn't want to throw him off his game, especially with the playoffs about to start.
  • JayoJayo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 76
    I went to cigar bar in my town the other night. It was the most relaxing experience for me. Their air purifying system was perfect that my cigar smoke was not mixing with a person next to me. The small comforting bar with good bartender, especially with nice whiskey on the rock. It was the best one so far.
  • WafflesWaffles Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 63
    Right now. I am on my patio, it's sunny, 62*, took the day off, and nothing to do. Not a care in the world and a cigar in my hand.
  • camgfscamgfs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 967
    Out in the woods with the wildlife.

No, this is not one of my pet birds. This Grey Jay was happy to sit on my cigar while I was eating Pringles and even shared some crumbs with me.

• danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    Summer time, sun setting, Angels baseball on the radio,(not on TV, but an old crappy am/fm radio) drinking a stouty beer, reading a c.com or bass pro shop catalog.
  • Unthought_KnownUnthought_Known Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 454
    I'm on my couch smoking a Padron 80th. Jessica Biel is on her knees smoking me.

Realistically, I'd be on a covered patio in mid-70's weather in late October, watching the Mets win the World Series. I'd smoke the 80th Anniversary, with a Guinness or a Fat Tire by my side.
  • lcpleellcpleel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,447
    danielzreyes:
    Summer time, sun setting, Angels baseball on the radio,(not on TV, but an old crappy am/fm radio) drinking a stouty beer, reading a c.com or bass pro shop catalog.
    I like this one.
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    Honestly, at Casa Fuente, Smoking a Casa Lancero, with my brother and dad, sucking down the Casa Mojitos, checking out the waitresses is pretty high on my great cigar experiences, and I wouldn't be opposed to re-living that one on a regular basis.
  • IrishAJIrishAJ Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 135
    I love heading to Barlow's with Brett and sitting back and reading a good book while we smoke cigars, eat pizza and drink anything we can get our hands on.
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    Unthought_Known:
    I'm on my couch smoking a Padron 80th. Jessica Biel is on her knees smoking me.

Realistically, I'd be on a covered patio in mid-70's weather in late October, watching the Mets win the World Series. I'd smoke the 80th Anniversary, with a Guinness or a Fat Tire by my side.
    Jeeze, I don't know which is more far-fetched. I think the Mets.
  • ctschirgictschirgi Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 63
    One of my best smokes came after an extremely hectic day. I was assigned to a Coast Guard cutter visiting Vladivostok, Russia. The morning began with a soccer game against their top players. (I "had" to attend a formal reception with many vodka toasts the night before.) Somehow we scored two goals to their nine goals. The rest of the day was spent prepping for a reception on board the cutter. As the second in command all of the preparation oversight was on me. Good thing we had an awesome crew. The reception went very well, but I was bounding from one place to another making sure all was well. Once the reception was done I had to oversee the clean up and still get my folks out on liberty, because we sailed the next day. I also had the issue of a onetime waiver for alcohol on the cutter so I had to make sure it was all locked up or given to other Russian units on the base. Around 1100PM, I sat down for a second on the stern of the cutter. One of the crew members was passing by and said you look like you could use a cigar. He handed me a Cuban Romeo and Julieta corona, not sure of the details on the stick. I got the thing lit and enjoyed one of the best cigars of my life. Mind you it wasn't the fact that it was a Cuban, it was all the setting and the unexpected nature of the gift.
  • boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,101
    For me its the setting I try and replicate most often.

Back yard on a sunny and warm but not hot day, preferably a week day that I have off, hanging with the dogs and watering the lawn/garden and either alone with my thoughts or hanging with my wife chatting about nothing important.
  • JDHJDH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,107
    It's a Sunday afternoon, and my bride of 36 years & I just finished a really sweet lovemaking session - it's in the high 60's - low '70's, with plenty of sunshine sitting on my covered porch with some 18 year old bourbon and a '26 Padron maduro.

How the hell do you beat that?
  • mwebermweber Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 157
    I got married in The Bahamas and toured the Graycliff Cigar Factory, and I would have to say, smoking a Graycliff Emerald Presidente in the Graycliff lounge with family and friends was by far the best smoking scenario I have ever had.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    y2pascoe:
    ... That and BACON! Bacon makes everything better.
  • slickricslickric Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 705
    sunday afternoon, my best friend and I (who coincidentally got me into this beautiful hobby) were sitting in the px on king street (an old speakeasy that has been revived) with a glass of glenfiddich 21 year and a 2011 comacho liberty edition, jazz music playing in the background. 60 degrees outside and all the windows open. catching up and watching all the people shopping down on the road and admiring the beauty of the architecture in old town virginia. the best here of my life so far