Home General Discussion

The obligatory why can't we sticky topics thread.

MarkerMarker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,524
Seriously. There needs to be a way to sticky something. Even just give us a serparate section for the trading section that can hold the PIF, Make a Wish, Movie Trivia, Fun and Games. I don't get it. This place still has an archaic html formatting. A PM system that can use a some type of email alert (THAT WORKS) or at least a warning on the board you have a PM. A light or something on the top right corner of the screen. Other than smoke cigars what does IT do? Can I apply?

Comments

• Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,971
    AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE...OY OY OY!
  • mwebermweber Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 157
    Marker:
    Seriously. There needs to be a way to sticky something. Even just give us a serparate section for the trading section that can hold the PIF, Make a Wish, Movie Trivia, Fun and Games. I don't get it. This place still has an archaic html formatting. A PM system that can use a some type of email alert (THAT WORKS) or at least a warning on the board you have a PM. A light or something on the top right corner of the screen. Other than smoke cigars what does IT do? Can I apply?
    ME TOO!
  • JudoChinXJudoChinX Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 775
    I happen to know a sysadmin named JudoChinX... hmmm... ;)
  • MarkerMarker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,524
    JudoChinX:
    I happen to know a sysadmin named JudoChinX... hmmm... ;)
    I hope his mom and dad didn't have a daughter. JudyChinY?
  • jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
    I've been asking for some attention from CCOM's IT folks (along with a lot of others) for quite some time, now. As you know, their standard answer is that they're all heavily engaged in other, more important projects but if we'll be patient they'll address our concerns just as soon as they can.

Now, I'm a fan of CCOM's mdse., customer service, etc., but I gotta say the concern of the IT folks regarding our wants and needs is sadly lacking. If I had a committed, virtually locked-in customer base like CCOM has with our membership, I think I'd want to give a lot more weight to those wants and needs than what we're getting.

In addition to what you've listed, Marker, we've been asking for relief from having to be conversant with HTML in order to post to a given thread. Such basic things as line breaks, posting photos and links, etc. are all things that would make this forum a h3lluva lot more user-friendly but they, sadly, don't seem to be forthcoming any time soon, do they??

So, once again I'll lend my voice to yours and ask, "Hey, CCOM IT, are you listening???"
  • ScottCScottC Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 38
    Its not that easy. Although we know your wants and needs, since the entire site is all integrated, it would require a complete overhaul of our current set up/platform to make those changes, which includes the e-commerce site. The forum is tied in with the entire site but that and only that aspect of the site is a closed software solution. So additions to it are pretty much impossible without overhauling our entire site... Instead of being at the mercy of another software company's technology (like we are now), we are working on getting something built more custom for you guys so we can update on the fly but it is taking a bit of time unfortunately.

I understand you may not be happy with us but a good amount of us work really hard to get the deals up every day and make sure the e-commerce and shopping cart works so you don't run into any problems.
  • beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    Thank you Scott.
    Also, I know that some of the members of the forum have their reviews and such on the threads and don't want to lose the info in transition.
  • lcpleellcpleel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,447
    ScottC:
    Its not that easy. Although we know your wants and needs, since the entire site is all integrated, it would require a complete overhaul of our current set up/platform to make those changes, which includes the e-commerce site. The forum is tied in with the entire site but that and only that aspect of the site is a closed software solution. So additions to it are pretty much impossible without overhauling our entire site... Instead of being at the mercy of another software company's technology (like we are now), we are working on getting something built more custom for you guys so we can update on the fly but it is taking a bit of time unfortunately.

I understand you may not be happy with us but a good amount of us work really hard to get the deals up every day and make sure the e-commerce and shopping cart works so you don't run into any problems.
    your name is awesome.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    ScottC:

Wait wait wait.... when did you start with ccom?!?!?!

I've been here since June of last year.
  • lcpleellcpleel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,447
    stephen_hannibal:
    ScottC:

Wait wait wait.... when did you start with ccom?!?!?!

did you apply for his position?
  • Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,971
    You have a PM ScottC
  • MarkerMarker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,524
    Someone wants to apply...
    I'm not in IT. I am in marketing and just observe and note the forums.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    ScottC:
    I'm not in IT. I am in marketing and just observe and note the forums.
    Thanks for the update. I'm in no hurry, just happy we have this place.
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    Been asking for years but nothing happens. Not complaining at all. It is nice they provide this place for us and as long as it is up and running I am just glad to have the opportunity to share and make friends.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    beatnic:
    Thank you Scott.
    Also, I know that some of the members of the forum have their reviews and such on the threads and don't want to lose the info in transition.
    not just the info, but the replies to it as well. there have been a few threads where i make a point and someone comes along and makes another point or a better point. im not against change here to make it "user friendly" (whatever that means) but i dont want to lose the last few years of amazing that this forum has brought everyone.
  • beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    Kuzi, there has to be a way to adopt a change that incorporates the old stuff I'm no IT guy, but "Come on Man", somebody can get this done. And not to slight Ccom, but with the amount of money moving through that clearinghouse, they surely could afford to pay someone to coordinate the transition. Scott's explanation was credible, but a few bucks of investment in IT makes the issue disappear.
  • jj20030jj20030 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,448
    beatnic:
    Kuzi, there has to be a way to adopt a change that incorporates the old stuff I'm no IT guy, but "Come on Man", somebody can get this done. And not to slight Ccom, but with the amount of money moving through that clearinghouse, they surely could afford to pay someone to coordinate the transition. Scott's explanation was credible, but a few bucks of investment in IT makes the issue disappear.
    you ready for norlins game manyana?