Home General Discussion

Made a small purchase from c.com

SalemSalem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 717
I've been wanting to purchase some things for awhile now so I finally did it yesterday. I'm trying to keep my costs down, so didn't get much. I purchased one cigar (I know, it's best to get more than one at a time, but......). I got this one after watching smokinghotcigarchick on youtube enjoy it so much. It has chocolatey/coffee undertones that I was looking for. Will take all your other considerations at next purchse. image I also needed a lighter since the one I have is out and I can't quite figure out how to refuel the thing or even if it's possible. So I got this: image Newbie purchases I know, but I'm proud! lol!

Comments

• KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    You could email andrew at ccom, I think he is the one that offers to fix lighters. I'm sure he could tell you how to fill yours up.
  • SalemSalem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 717
    Good idea!! Then I will have 2 working lighters!! Or simply ask the person who gave it to me might be a good idea. Don't know why I didn't think of that before.....and I thought I was halfway intelligent, lol!
  • Knoxca1Knoxca1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 147
    I have the same lighter and I've had no issues so far. Good purchase.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    that xikar was my go to lighter for about 5 years. after 5 years i started having issues with it. i should send it back but i have switched to soft flame so i dont really need to.
  • kevin1323kevin1323 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 294
    That is my current lighter. I like it, but I feel like I am filling it after every 2 or 3 cigars. It may be that I was on a pace of about 1 cigar a month through the summer and 0 per month now causing the issue.
  • JDHJDH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,107
    I've had several expensive lighters, and none of them has performed well over time. Currently, this ugly thing is what I'm using. You can get 'em at Lowes, Home Depot, or Amazon for between $15 - $20. It has replacable re-fillable cartriges, and it has never failed me yet.

• JudoChinXJudoChinX Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 775
    kuzi16:
    that xikar was my go to lighter for about 5 years. after 5 years i started having issues with it. i should send it back but i have switched to soft flame so i dont really need to.
    Any specific reason for the switch to soft?
  • slickricslickric Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 705
    check out the ronson jetlight, there like 3$ at walmart and they last for a pretty long time. plus you dont have to frefill them. great choice on the cigar by the way Click here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • KriegerKrieger Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 337
    My Ronsin has out lasted every other lighter I've ever had. lights up on the first click every time.
    slickric:
    check out the ronson jetlight, there like 3$ at walmart and they last for a pretty long time. plus you dont have to frefill them. great choice on the cigar by the way Click here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The link does not work.
  • JDHJDH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,107
    Salem:
    slickric:
    The link does not work.
    When I click on that link, I get a "Malicious website blocked" message.
  • BigT06BigT06 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,899
    JudoChinX:
    kuzi16:
    Can't speak for kuzi... but I made the switch because of the fact that i think it is a better toast/light and there is a lot less room for overheating error due to the temp of the flame being so much less than a torch. It's a more "pure" light... if that makes sense.
  • lcpleellcpleel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,447
    BigT06:
    JudoChinX:
    kuzi16:
    Can't speak for kuzi... but I made the switch because of the fact that i think it is a better toast/light and there is a lot less room for overheating error due to the temp of the flame being so much less than a torch. It's a more "pure" light... if that makes sense.
    Get a magnifier for a pure light.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    JDH:
    Salem:
    slickric:
    The link does not work.
    When I click on that link, I get a "Malicious website blocked" message.
    NICE!

I have one of their lighters, good stuff. I usually smoke at home and I use a perdomo table top tri flame that I won in a raffle. Great lighter but I never would have bought it, it's like 90 bucks. When I'm out and smoke I use my xikar.
  • Andrew DzikoskiAndrew Dzikoski BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users, Trusted Users Posts: 338
    Yea give me a call if anyone needs a lighter fixed or has any questions. Or you can just email me.
    Here is the lighter I have. It's a nice lighter, given to me by someone here out of the kindness of his big heart. It's just that it's out of fluid. I'm not familiar with these type lighters and I don't know if they can be refilled. Can anyone tell me? Can't get up with the guy who sent it to me right at the moment. It' looks really complicated to take apart if it's possible, so I don't know. imageimage
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    BigT06:
    JudoChinX:
    kuzi16:
    yup. thats it.

the toast is faster because the flame is wider. but it is also colder so that flame does nto over heat. i just feel i get a better light while using less fuel with a soft flame.