Home Non Cigar Related

prayers needed

Comments

• jj20030jj20030 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,448
    well, he has been going to radiation treatments all week and i think has a couple more this week and his wife says he has been able to eat when they get home but really just no energy and sleeps a lot , thanks for asking
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,647
    Yeah, those treatments take it out of them.
  • slickricslickric Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 705
    my mother in law has been battling bone cancer for a while so i have seen the pain that cancer causes. I'm sorry for you man. me and my family will be saying extra prayers for your family
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    I remember when my wife was going thru chemo. Rough times made even harder because I still had to go to the boat so my daughter who was only ten at the time really stepped up and pretty much had to take care of mom and herself when I was away.
  • DirewolfDirewolf Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,493
    Watched a very good friend of mine and one of the best people I ever knew go through Chemo. You and your family are in my thoughts , sir.
    yup, i know 1st hand up close and personal how cancer sucks as i was my girlfriends cartetaker for several months at home till i couldnt take care of her anymore and hospice put her in a nursing home where she was a few months before she passed, she had brst cancer that was taken off in 93 and did great till it came back in 96 and wasnt long she was gone. sure seems like more and more people aer getting it nowadays, guess you cant pollute everything into the food and air etc, and not get something, idk
    my sister sent me this that she saw my sil posted on her facebook, sorry but im kinda peedoff we are just now hearing of this news on my brother and by way of facebook! thanks for the prayers!,,,> okay, Charlie had emergency surgery this morning at St. Johns for a perferated bowel. He started having pain at 9pm, we went to the ER at 1:30am and they got him in right away. After a CAT scan, it was found he had a perferation and needed suergery to save his life. He went into suregery at 5:30. The Dr. came out at 7:30 to tell me that the cancer had spread to his belly and had eaten away at his lower intestine, they removed approx. 3 ins. He is in the ICU for recovery then he will be moved to a room. Thankyou for your prayers and support
  • MarkerMarker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,524
    Wow jj. I hope everything heals up right. That downturn is tough to deal with.
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,647
    Still praying man, for him, you and your family.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    It really sucks to find things out via FB and other non personal ways. Sorry to hear that and that it has spread more and that he is going through even more. Continuing to pray for him, you and the whole family brother
    my brother had a appointment today and my sister got an email from his wife>

Charlie got bad news today, he will not be going back to work, his Dr, put him on 100% disability and he has stage 4 cancer. He may only have a few more months or a couple of years left. Needless to say we are upset. Now we have to deal with the social security dept. to start his disability.
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    Sorry bout the news jj,,
  • marineatbn03marineatbn03 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,634
    Hate to hear this brother. I know all too well the things you are going through. You and yours are in my thoughts and prayers.
  • DirewolfDirewolf Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,493
    Sorry to hear about that JJ. If ya need anything let me know
  • rzamanrzaman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,604
    Sorry to hear that. Prayer to your brother and the family.
  • MTuccelliMTuccelli Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,587
    Prayers going out for everybody

• Roberto99Roberto99 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,077
    I am saddened to read this thread. I read once that without death, life has no meaning. That doesn't make it any easier. My wife has a childhood friend with stage 4 cancer with weeks/months to live. Diagnosed at age 39.

I see many people that post to this forum who, by their example, seem to understand that none of us have any guarantees that we will wake up tomorrow...and it reminds me to live life to its fullest.

My prayers go out to your family.
  • BombayBombay Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,207
    JJ, sorry to hear it brother. My prayers are with you and your family.
  • ToombesToombes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,451
    My prayers and thoughts go out to you and your families, brothers.
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    Prayers to your whole family brother .
  • skweekzskweekz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,218
    Sorry to hear this brother.
  • MVW67MVW67 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,447
    Heart is out to you Jimmy!! Thoughts and prayers
  • beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    Brothers are here, Jimmy. Know that. We all feel your pain.
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    Very sorry to hear this. Prayers and thoughts for you and yours!
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    Prayers brother.
  • HeavyHeavy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,590
    Sorry to hear this jj. Prayers to you and your family brother.
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,707
    Sending prayers your family's and your way, Jimmy. God bless.
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    Hope that things have stayed steady or gotten better Jimmy, thoughts and prayers headed your way and your familys!
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    Sorry to hear the bad news James. Don't know how I missed this before but I'll be praying for him and his family as well as you and yours.
    had a pre-mothers day brunch at moms nursing home yesterday and my brother was a no show, his wife said he was jus to weak to make it and that the chemo pills were the only thing keeping him alive, ( not sure how that is ? ) but was really hoping he would be there as it was probably the last chance we would see him alive, but i gotta respect what he choses to do in his final days/weeks/months/ years on this earth!