Home General Discussion

Loose draw?

SalemSalem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 717
I just got finished with a Carlos Torano Casa Torano, and I noticed that the draw was very loose. Then hallf way through it the leaf started coming undone toward the end. What could I have done wrong? It never went out and tasted really good.

Comments

• KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    might have cut too much off the cap. Ever used a Cuban Crafters perfect cut cigar cutter? Those are fantastic, never have to worry about cutting below the shoulder.
  • slickricslickric Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 705
    Krieg:
    might have cut too much off the cap. Ever used a Cuban Crafters perfect cut cigar cutter? Those are fantastic, never have to worry about cutting below the shoulder.
    thats if it coming apart by the cap. what if it was coming apart by the ash?
  • SalemSalem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 717
    towards the ash.
  • lcpleellcpleel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,447
    bad constuction. it happens.
  • slickricslickric Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 705
    lcpleel:
    bad constuction. it happens.
    +1, thats what i would have said
  • SalemSalem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 717
    Ok good, thought it was something I did.
  • camgfscamgfs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 967
    You did nothing wrong. Cigars are tested (most times) to make sure the construction and draw are good, but there is a fairly wide area of 'good', and sometimes the odd bad one slips by. It has happened to many (if not all) of us and will probably happen again. The only time I would worry is if it happens almost every time, with different brands of cigar. That would be an issue.

• jr_p951jr_p951 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,121
    Salem:
    Nope, you're good. There are other construstion issues that'll get you frustrated as well. Sometimes a smoke will just swells in the middle, plugs up tighter than *** then splits the wrapper! Almost like the fire made it morph then explode right in your hand! I've had a couple Beast do this to me. Smoking and the d@mn thing swells up then splits and falls apart.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    jr_p951:
    Salem:
    Nope, you're good. There are other construstion issues that'll get you frustrated as well. Sometimes a smoke will just swells in the middle, plugs up tighter than *** then splits the wrapper! Almost like the fire made it morph then explode right in your hand! I've had a couple Beast do this to me. Smoking and the d@mn thing swells up then splits and falls apart.
    Lesson learned - stay away from Gurkha. You're lucky you didnt lose a hand! :-D

• djbeeniedjbeenie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 469
    I start by taking a little off the cap at a time. You can always cut off more if the draw is too tight. Or get yourself a punch.