Home General Discussion

Thinking about getting a new humidor

KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
So I got some Christmas money from my parents and I need a new humidor...soo...I found this one. What do you guys think? Link What suggestions do you have about what kind of device to use, beads or Cigar Oasis?

Comments

• Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,971
    Get a Gryphon from Mike! :)
  • MarkerMarker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,524
    I have that end table Kreig. Be sure to weather strip the electrical plug ins in the back of the table. The drawer and cabinet door let a bit of air exchange happen. If you are in a place where humidity balance is a huge issue (I don't know Georgia that well) you will need to use a super thin weather strip on those as well.

I love the top tray and have pictures of what I did to my humidor if you want them. Also a few pictures of the end table that are not shown on the site. If you want pictures of what it looks like about 60% filled I can send you those as well.
  • JDHJDH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,107
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    Marker:
    I have that end table Kreig. Be sure to weather strip the electrical plug ins in the back of the table. The drawer and cabinet door let a bit of air exchange happen. If you are in a place where humidity balance is a huge issue (I don't know Georgia that well) you will need to use a super thin weather strip on those as well.

I love the top tray and have pictures of what I did to my humidor if you want them. Also a few pictures of the end table that are not shown on the site. If you want pictures of what it looks like about 60% filled I can send you those as well.
    Humidity and Heat is one thing GA has plenty of in the spring/summer time. Only time my humidity goes down is in the winter when the heater is on. What do you use for your RH?
  • Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,971
    Marker has that one(the Lauderdale) and really likes it, fyi
  • MarkerMarker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,524
    I have a hydra and 1lb of 65% beads. I think I got 62% beads though since my cabinet doesn't get over 63%. Since Conservagel says they can be off +/- 3% I think I got the lower side. The truth will tell in the summer when our humidity goes up. In the winter the humidity goes under 30%.