Home General Discussion

My experience today

SalemSalem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 717
I'm off work this week, so thought it was a perfect time to smoke another cigar. I chose the 5 Vega Classic. It was misting rain out there and I sat on my porch. I had a real hard time getting the cigar lit evenly, and then had a hard time keeping it lit. Therefore, most of the smoke was hot. It was probably due to the high humidity out there. Never the less, I enjoyed it. I smoked the whole thing this time. My lighter does not light after a few clicks and I am wondering what I did wrong. Wonder what the next cigar should be. I have 7 left: A Carlos Torano Casa Torano, El Mejor Emerald, Vegas Cubanas Don Pepin Plantinum shorty, 777 Maduro, RP Edge Lite Nicaragua, Joya De Nicarauga. Sitting out there, I so wished I had someone to smoke with. I'd love to go somewhere and sit around with folks and talk while having a nice cigar. Being a woman, I guess that is hard to come by since I know no women around me that smoke them.

Comments

• 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    Congrats Salem!!! As for the light and un-even burn, I would darned near PROMISE that is due to the extremely high humidity outside. For that reason I never smoke in the rain since it will often time cause the sticks to blow-up or the wrappers to unravel or quite literally balloon and split. The Classic is one of my go-to mild smokes and it is constant and so far has yet to disappoint!

I would strongly urge your towards the Rocky Patel Edge Lite... that is a very smooth and light stick, but still has a great amount of character and some complexity that will give you a challenge at the moment to see what you can dissect and get out of the smoke! Congrats and keep it up chica! ;)
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    90+ Irishman:
    Congrats Salem!!! As for the light and un-even burn, I would darned near PROMISE that is due to the extremely high humidity outside. For that reason I never smoke in the rain since it will often time cause the sticks to blow-up or the wrappers to unravel or quite literally balloon and split. The Classic is one of my go-to mild smokes and it is constant and so far has yet to disappoint!

I would strongly urge your towards the Rocky Patel Edge Lite... that is a very smooth and light stick, but still has a great amount of character and some complexity that will give you a challenge at the moment to see what you can dissect and get out of the smoke! Congrats and keep it up chica! ;)
    +1
  • JDHJDH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,107
    SOMEBODY NEEDS TO SEND THIS WOMAN A SAN LOTANO CONNETICUT!!!!!
    If I had two I'd send you one, but I got none, so it can't be done....
    SOMEBODY NEEDS TO SEND THIS MAN A SAN LOTANO CONNETICUT!!!!! I got one and you cant have it!!!:O)--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    I might have a few :)
    Krieg:
    I might have a few :)
    Ahhh these seem to be the least talked about, so what are they like, great like the rest?
    The Kid:
    SOMEBODY NEEDS TO SEND THIS MAN A SAN LOTANO CONNETICUT!!!!! I got one and you cant have it!!!:O)--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hey kid, that's a really lousy rhyme scheme.
    Salem:
    I'm off work this week, so thought it was a perfect time to smoke another cigar. I chose the 5 Vega Classic. It was misting rain out there and I sat on my porch. I had a real hard time getting the cigar lit evenly, and then had a hard time keeping it lit. Therefore, most of the smoke was hot. It was probably due to the high humidity out there. Never the less, I enjoyed it. I smoked the whole thing this time. My lighter does not light after a few clicks and I am wondering what I did wrong. Wonder what the next cigar should be. I have 7 left: A Carlos Torano Casa Torano, El Mejor Emerald, Vegas Cubanas Don Pepin Plantinum shorty, 777 Maduro, RP Edge Lite Nicaragua, Joya De Nicarauga. Sitting out there, I so wished I had someone to smoke with. I'd love to go somewhere and sit around with folks and talk while having a nice cigar. Being a woman, I guess that is hard to come by since I know no women around me that smoke them.
    "...I so wished I had someone to smoke with. I'd love to go somewhere and sit around with folks and talk while having a nice cigar. Being a woman, I guess that is hard to come by since I know no women around me that smoke them. ..."

Read a good book. Some of my best friends are the characters created by good writers.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    Check around and see if any B&M around have a smoking lounge. And just go you'll probably find the guys there will enjoy your company as much as we do.
  • jr_p951jr_p951 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,121
    The classic is a great smoke! If you liked that medium cigar, I'd suggest a Tatuaje Havana VI. One of my fav medium sticks!

Haveing some company for a smoke is always great! I'm sure any body would enjoy your company! Especially at a B&M! Its not often one gets some lady conversation in there.
  • SalemSalem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 717
    Rhamlin:
    Check around and see if any B&M around have a smoking lounge. And just go you'll probably find the guys there will enjoy your company as much as we do.
    awwww......thank you!!!! :)
    Salem, you really might like these: Perdomo Champagne
  • The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    Rhamlin:
    +1. Not only is it cool to get a female point of view on stuff, but I think its pretty awesome that we've got you starting your cigar journey FROM JUMP right here with us. Im sure Im not the only one who feels this way, this combination makes it feel like we've got a little sister to help raise up in this hobby we love, and I think thats VERY cool. :-)

• SalemSalem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 717
    The Sniper:
    Rhamlin:
    +1. Not only is it cool to get a female point of view on stuff, but I think its pretty awesome that we've got you starting your cigar journey FROM JUMP right here with us. Im sure Im not the only one who feels this way, this combination makes it feel like we've got a little sister to help raise up in this hobby we love, and I think thats VERY cool. :-)

Now that made me feel good! Thanks!!
  • BigT06BigT06 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,899
    Salem:
    The Sniper:
    Rhamlin:

Now that made me feel good! Thanks!!
    plus you have another HUGE benefit that none of us had... we will make sure you never have to smoke a bad cigar. I wish I would've found this forum before I started smoking... would've saved me hundreds of dollars of weeding through crap I didn't like... lol

you are welcome here, and you will be welcomed in any good b&m anywhere. Have fun with this amazing hobby of ours!