Home General Discussion

Cigars: Heart and Soul of Cuba

docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
So James Suckling, formerly European editor of Cigar Aficionado, and Italian correspondent for Wine Spectator, just put out a documentary film shot with James Orr, about the Cuban cigar... the process by which the tobacco is grown, harvested, cured, rolled, boxed, and sold... and even more importantly, the passionate, dedicated people who make it happen. I just finished watching the hour long film, and I have to say, I am 50/50 on James normally, something about him rubs me the wrong way, but this time he really got it right. He took the back seat, and acted just as the narrator allowing Cuba, and the cigars, and the farmers, and all of the other amazing elements to just do their thing, and it really works. I bought a copy of the film on DVD from the film's website, but you can also download it from the site. Really highly recommended, even if you have zero interest in Cuba, just having a slight interest in cigars will be enough to appreciate this one.

Heart and Soul of Cuba

Comments

• JDHJDH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,107
    docbp87:
    So James Suckling, formerly European editor of Cigar Aficionado, and Italian correspondent for Wine Spectator, just put out a documentary film shot with James Orr, about the Cuban cigar... the process by which the tobacco is grown, harvested, cured, rolled, boxed, and sold... and even more importantly, the passionate, dedicated people who make it happen. I just finished watching the hour long film, and I have to say, I am 50/50 on James normally, something about him rubs me the wrong way, but this time he really got it right. He took the back seat, and acted just as the narrator allowing Cuba, and the cigars, and the farmers, and all of the other amazing elements to just do their thing, and it really works. I bought a copy of the film on DVD from the film's website, but you can also download it from the site. Really highly recommended, even if you have zero interest in Cuba, just having a slight interest in cigars will be enough to appreciate this one.

Heart and Soul of Cuba

I'm almost affraid to watch this because it's gonna make me want that which I'm not supposed to have!!!!!!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    docbp87:
    I am 50/50 on James normally, something about him rubs me the wrong way...
    i agree. there is something about the way he does reviews.
    i think at times he loses his "humble"
    its like the the girl in high school that knows she is hot.

i am gunna check out that documentary though. i mean, he does understand cigars.