Home General Discussion

High altitude living!!

brettdub33brettdub33 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 56
I live in Breckenridge CO, for about 8 months out of the year. I live at about 10,000 Feet altitude and the air is extremely DRY. I started this thread because when im not here I live in Kansas City and there the humidity is all over the board and regulating humidity is always "fun"... over the years I have got it down to a science. But for those of you living in a constantly dry climate what are your thoughts on RH % and Hydration equipment. What do you use and what is your prefered RH?

Comments

• joshvoigtjoshvoigt Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 325
    I use beads and its drier then a bone here in the Texas Panhandle. I keep mine between 65 and 68 percent. I couldn't get passed 70 if my life depended on it. My coolerador holds the best rH of all my humis but the beads seems to work just fine for me. I mist them about once every couple weeks and change them out twice a year.
  • Bucking WBucking W Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 206
    I'm not in High altitude but when I lived in West Texas where it feels like hell everyday 110 temps and dry dry heat I had a horrible time keeping the Humi up to 65%. I learned that If I switch to 70% media in the dry hot times and it usually stayed around 68 and only for a week or so until I have to add more distilled water. Since moving to the Hill Country where the Humidity can get pretty high I switch to 65%. I'm not the expert on this but that's my two cents.