Home General Discussion

2nd Anual Nicaraguan Cigar Festival

JDHJDH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,107
It's in April, and it looks like a LOT offun.

http://nicaraguancigarfestival.com/

From the event description:

Our 2nd Nicaraguan Cigar Festival “Sensations of my country” Package includes:

The exclusive “ANP Collector’s Edition Cigar Box 2011?: including a mix of 22 cigars manufactured by all our members
Premium cigars throughout your journey in Nicaragua
Welcome cocktail at the VIP Managua Airport lounge upon arrival
Transportation to all hotels, cities & events
National Park Volcán Masaya Tour
Granada City tour and boat ride
Farm & Factory tours
All meals (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinners)
Admission to all events
2 hotel nights in Estelí

NOTE: This package does not include your AIRFARE or the Hotel nights in Managua (the nights of April 5th & 8th). We have displayed information of suggested Hotels and their special rates given for the festival under “Hotel Info”. You may proceed to book your hotel reservations through the links we have provided for your convenience.

Padron, Plasencia, Drew Estates, My Father, NASCA, Oliva, San Lotano, Joya Nicaragua, and several others are hosting the event.

Comments

• JDHJDH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,107
    Sometimes I'm just too stupid to live. This is last years festival....duh...
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    JDH:
    No worries brother :) From anyone who has done this, "ballpark" figures for two people roundtrip to do this? And I mean all the little stuff included.... $2000, $5000.... what?
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    90+ Irishman:
    JDH:
    No worries brother :) From anyone who has done this, "ballpark" figures for two people roundtrip to do this? And I mean all the little stuff included.... $2000, $5000.... what?
    when i went to Nicaragua last January it was about $2,000/person when it was all said and done. this includes air, hotels, food, and pass ports. we were there for 5 days.

the issue with going down there isnt so much the cost (though that is a factor) but rather the itinerary. unless you have it set up with a group or with people that know people you will have a very difficult time getting in to see some of the factories.
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    kuzi16:
    90+ Irishman:
    JDH:
    when i went to Nicaragua last January it was about $2,000/person when it was all said and done. this includes air, hotels, food, and pass ports. we were there for 5 days.

the issue with going down there isnt so much the cost (though that is a factor) but rather the itinerary. unless you have it set up with a group or with people that know people you will have a very difficult time getting in to see some of the factories.
    Thanks for the info Matt, very helpful and insightful :)
  • JDHJDH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,107
    90+ Irishman:
    kuzi16:
    90+ Irishman:
    JDH:

Thanks for the info Matt, very helpful and insightful :)
    If they have another one, I would really like to go. The wife won't want to, but that's not all bad. LOL $2500 wouldn't be so bad, and just think of the cigars you could come back with!