Home General Discussion

Do you know what this is?

JayoJayo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 76
image I got this cigar by buying one of random assorted cigars, and it has no label or anything. This one looks definitely different from regular ones. The last half inch is not wrapped with wrapper, and it has the pig tale(right the signature cuban style?). Does anyone know the identity of this cool looking cigar?

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Without knowing anything about it, my best guess is some kind of custom house blend.
  • camgfscamgfs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 967
    Some of the top rollers in Cuba take tours and roll cigars at events. These "fresh rolled" cigars will often be the "shaggy foot" style with a pig tail, that that is the ugliest pigtail I've ever seen on a cigar, so I'm on the fence about this one being a Cuban.
    Hand made = yes
    Rolled at an event = probably
    Ready to smoke in a year or 2 = absolutlely!

• docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    Honestly, there isn't any way to tell for sure what it is, unless whoever you got it from can confirm... It could be anything from a custom rolled Cuban cigar rolled by a level 8 master roller on tour (not likely looking at that awful pig tail though...) to something rolled at a shop on the corner for in house sale. I know a lot of little shops (and even some restaurants, hotels, etc.) that have rollers in house.
  • JayoJayo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 76
    I found out what it is. It is Oliveros Cuban Spliff. Thank you for all your advice. :)
    http://www.cigarsinternational.com/proddisp.asp?item=CS-CSC&stext=cuban spliff It was this one. I just tried, and it is pretty decent. The first 1/3 was a bit spicy like cayenne pepper, and 2/3 was earthy, woody, minty, and bread kind of taste.
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    It's a fake....
  • blurrblurr Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 962
    I was going to reply before you answered it yourself, but yes that looked to me like the Oliveros Cuban Spliffs that CCOM & CI were giving away in 5 pack forms with certain purchases a few months back. I think it was like a 5 pack with all orders over $99 or 5 packs free with the purchase of some sampler. Interesting looking cigars, I had wondered if they were any good or not, seeing as they were giving them away free with purchases. Definitely not cuban though, just named that.
  • JDHJDH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,107
    Jayo:
    image I got this cigar by buying one of random assorted cigars, and it has no label or anything. This one looks definitely different from regular ones. The last half inch is not wrapped with wrapper, and it has the pig tale(right the signature cuban style?). Does anyone know the identity of this cool looking cigar?
    That is one ugly lookin cigar, man.
    blurr:
    I was going to reply before you answered it yourself, but yes that looked to me like the Oliveros Cuban Spliffs that CCOM & CI were giving away in 5 pack forms with certain purchases a few months back. I think it was like a 5 pack with all orders over $99 or 5 packs free with the purchase of some sampler. Interesting looking cigars, I had wondered if they were any good or not, seeing as they were giving them away free with purchases. Definitely not cuban though, just named that.
    I guess if it was Cuban, then CCom or CI would not carry it. Cubans are banned in US right?
    JDH:
    Jayo:
    That is one ugly lookin cigar, man.
    Indeed it is an ugly one. It also has some kind of ammonia like scent at the end, something chemical like.
    Lasabar:
    It's a fake....
    Fake Cuban?
    Jayo:
    Lasabar:
    It's a fake....
    Fake Cuban?
    No, a fake cigar.
    JDH:
    Jayo:
    Lasabar:
    It's a fake....
    Fake Cuban?
    No, a fake cigar.
    Sorry, I know, I'm bad. I just couldn't help myself.
    JDH:
    JDH:
    Jayo:
    Lasabar:
    It's a fake....
    Fake Cuban?
    No, a fake cigar.
    If we were having a "The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly" contest, it'd win the ugly prize for sure.
  • lcpleellcpleel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,447
    Not fake. A cigar is a cigar. Smoke it! But it is ugly. Lol. I rolled something that looked like this when I had a bunch of sticks t hat broke on me. Blended my own ***
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    JDH:
    JDH:
    Jayo:
    Lasabar:
    It's a fake....
    Fake Cuban?
    No, a fake cigar.
    Sorry, I was just trolling...

I've been hanging around the cigar aficionado forums too long... :/
    Yup... It is one hell ugly cigar. haha But taste wasn't that bad like one I tried to smoke today, Pirate's Gold Reserva. Pirate's Gold was unsmokable.