Home General Discussion

Which two of these to smoke for birthday

JHeweyJHewey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,411
My birthday is tuesday (turning 31) i work but the site im working at i am able to smoke cigars (since im outside in my car). I'm usually able to smoke about 2 a night, so which two of these would you do (i havent had any of these before either)?

Comments

• AJGARLETTAJGARLETT Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 648
    I'd do the MF and the Oliva....let the Opus's and the Wolfman sit until next year!
  • RCY CigarsRCY Cigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,346
    AJGARLETT:
    I'd do the MF and the Oliva....let the Opus's and the Wolfman sit until next year!

+1 and a Happy early B-Day to you....

• smoke em if you got emsmoke em if you got em Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,119
    I say the MF and the Oliva....cant go wrong with a MF..and I also agree to let the opus and wolfman chill
  • boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,101
    smoke em if you got em:
    I say the MF and the Oliva....cant go wrong with a MF..and I also agree to let the opus and wolfman chill
    Yeah, one more vote for the same from me, I think everyone is in the same boat here.

and happy birthday man
  • DirewolfDirewolf Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,493
    I loved the MF I had...go for it
  • JHeweyJHewey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,411
    Ok MF and Oliva it is.
    Thanks for the happy birthdays. Now. Which one should i start with? MF?
  • JDHJDH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,107
    AJGARLETT:
    My choice too! OOPS! I didn't scroll down before posting. I'd burn the My Father fiirst.
    JDH:
    AJGARLETT:
    My choice too! OOPS! I didn't scroll down before posting. I'd burn the My Father fiirst.
    ...AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!!
  • boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,101
    haha, which one to start with? I'd go with your mood. Never had a MF, but love Pepin stuff. I have had the V lancero, and can say that just as with any lancero you will have to baby that thing a lot more than the Pepin Toro.

So if your feeling patient now and want to spend an hour and a half smoking at just the right speed (too fast and they get bitter, too slow and they go out) then smoke the V now and the MF later when you don't have to pay quite as much attention. If you think you'll be more patient later then go the other way around.
  • spindriftspindrift Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 818
    Enjoy your b-day in any case, but I would decide based on whether it was after I ate. The MF is great after you fill your belly (but then so is the V). Ditto about having to baby the V Lancero.
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    Happy Bday big guy, Not sure i'd smoke any of those back to back,, Id start with something in the med spectrum like a nice maduro then id go for one of those powerhouses.. But thats me,, I concurr smoke the MF after dinner.,, Take Care
  • AJGARLETTAJGARLETT Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 648
    whoops...forgot to say HAPPY B-DAY!
    The Kid:
    Happy Bday big guy, Not sure i'd smoke any of those back to back,, Id start with something in the med spectrum like a nice maduro then id go for one of those powerhouses.. But thats me,, I concurr smoke the MF after dinner.,, Take Care
    i actually dont think i have any maduros in my humi right now, other then the one you just sent me and one that i am aging that i got from todd (bigt). I definitely need to get some maduros. since im lacking sadly. and thanks
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    JHewey:
    My birthday is tuesday (turning 31) i work but the site im working at i am able to smoke cigars (since im outside in my car). I'm usually able to smoke about 2 a night, so which two of these would you do (i havent had any of these before either)?

The wolf! It burns fast and is great fresh. The opus's, those are great too. Some don't like fresh opus's, I do but with several years on them they are really good too, lose a bit of their power though. The V, never had the lancero. The my father's i"m not a huge fan but a lot of peeps like it.
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    The one I sent you (sol cubano) is pretty mild, probably good with morning coffee.. Personally speaking I dont like to smoke two heavy hitterz back to back usually because my palate is pretty well spent after the first one and I wont get to enjoy all the nuances of the 2nd. Thats why I usually do the mild, med, full thing throughout the day, Just a thought... Dont overthink it, smoke what you like when you can....working with those sticks Id go with the V and then the MF, BTW the LA Riqueza is also a maduro and would be an excellent choice to start off with and I'd be honored
  • DirewolfDirewolf Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,493
    Happy birthday and hope you enjoy those two.
    I will bring a few random other ones along just in case im not feeling in the mood for those two. But i did just find a SL maduro in my humi. so that will come along if i dont smoke it before then..lol
    Direwolf:
    Happy birthday and hope you enjoy those two.
    Thanks.. Oh rudy PMed you back
  • chemforeverchemforever Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,200
    Happy b day, what did you choose?
    Wont smoke them til tuesday but i decided to go with MF and oliva V, but i will bring others along with in case im not in the mood for one of them when time comes.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Happy birthday in advance... Enjoy your day!
  • james40james40 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,450
    Happy Birthday brudda. Close your eyes and pick two. No matter what happens, you won't be disappointed.
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    Happy early B-Day Justin!! Assuming you've eaten, my personal choice would be the MF first simply because your palate will be clean and pick up a lot more of the subtleties of the MF which is what makes it so special from my experience. The Oliva ROCKS, don't get me wrong, but the MF is far more complex and elegant... go with that on the clean palate, especially since the Oliva is going to kick-azz regardless of the order.
    90+ Irishman:
    Happy early B-Day Justin!! Assuming you've eaten, my personal choice would be the MF first simply because your palate will be clean and pick up a lot more of the subtleties of the MF which is what makes it so special from my experience. The Oliva ROCKS, don't get me wrong, but the MF is far more complex and elegant... go with that on the clean palate, especially since the Oliva is going to kick-azz regardless of the order.
    Exactly my thinking. The Oliva could easily overpower the palate so that the complexities of the MF might not be appreciated.