Home General Discussion

Senate ban on flavored cigars

beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133

Comments

• Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,971
    Pathetic, hopefully this gets struck down and doesn't get added onto the snowball they are trying to pass
  • WafflesWaffles Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 63
    Wow, that sucks. Guess I will have to stock up on these soon.... http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewCigar.asp?brand=1003
  • xIcedGuardianxxIcedGuardianx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 873
    This is just the beginning... I hope we can get this stopped before things get worse
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    Waffles:
    Wow, that sucks. Guess I will have to stock up on these soon.... http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewCigar.asp?brand=1003
    Don't waste your money. The regular Java is much better! IMHO
  • asianbiker8asianbiker8 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 551
    all the wars, all the drugs, all the people out of work, all the money problems this country has, you would think that the government has better things to do than worry about cigars. what a bunch of asses.
  • MVW67MVW67 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,447
    I agree so much with you!! Don't know how many emails I sent to my senators and reps to kill this bill!
  • JDHJDH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,107
    For those who haven't joined CRA, I think it's time.

All Republicans on this forum should write Senator Mitch McConnell of KY and tell him what you think. He does not support us.
  • undulacundulac Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,129
    As if I didn't hate these guys enough. . .
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,064
    pass this link on to anyone you can that can pass the word, I sent the link to a local conservative talk show host that covers the northern part of Wisconsin. Make sure to call your rep and anyone elses that you can find.
    JDH:

All Republicans on this forum should write Senator Mitch McConnell of KY and tell him what you think. He does not support us.
    He is an ass hat
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    asianbiker8:
    all the wars, all the drugs, all the people out of work, all the money problems this country has, you would think that the government has better things to do than worry about cigars. what a bunch of asses.
    +1. if they really wanted to make money they'd tax soda. That would generate a hell of a lot more money than smokers.
    deejmemixx:
    JDH:

He is an ass hat
    When has he ever? I mean he is an Ass Hat.
    I have been sending to southern Wisconsin, for those that don't know CRA is for Cigar Rights of America
    MVW67:
    I have been sending to southern Wisconsin, for those that don't know CRA is for Cigar Rights of America
    did you send it to the talk show out of Milwaukee? Cant remember his name, but he fills in for the big guys now and then.
    deejmemixx:
    JDH:

He is an ass hat
    My Democratic US Congressman, Ben Chandler, has signed on as a supporter - he's with us.
    This is not a liberal / conservative issue. It is about preserving the rights of adult cigar smokers to persue happiness as we see fit.
    JDH:
    This is not a liberal / conservative issue. It is about preserving the rights of adult cigar smokers to persue happiness as we see fit.
    very true. a lot of dems (most dems are not liberal) are on this anti, we need to keep taxing the tobacco.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    ohio senator sharod brown signed that. he has always been an ***.
    he has no idea about cigars what they are about, or personal freedom for that matter.
  • beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    I wanna know what and AssHat is? LOL
    beatnic:
    here is one now:

as asshat is someone who wears their ass on their head... IE your head is up your ass...therefor they are an asshat.
  • gio164gio164 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 180
    JDH:
    +1
    Have some friends in the radio business that worked it into some add space. No talk show yet
    The two largest entities driving the anti-tobacco movement are the AMA (American Medical Association) and the Insurance lobby. These groups are not political, but they are incredibly wealthy, and have a huge influence with both political parties. Their voices are louder than any individual can ever hope to have.

If the cigar industry is to survive, the only way forward is for those of us who enjoy cigars to unite and present the loudest voice possible against those who are determined to destroy the industry.
    JDH:
    The two largest entities driving the anti-tobacco movement are the AMA (American Medical Association) and the Insurance lobby. These groups are not political, but they are incredibly wealthy, and have a huge influence with both political parties. Their voices are louder than any individual can ever hope to have.

If the cigar industry is to survive, the only way forward is for those of us who enjoy cigars to unite and present the loudest voice possible against those who are determined to destroy the industry.
    that is exactly what the CRA is about.

again, this wouldnt be quite as much of an issue if we didnt have government run health care headed our way. lets face facts: tobacco adds cost. that doesnt matter when i pay for my own medical, but if the government (and therefore the people) pays for me then cost becomes an issue. expect more legislation like this as Government Healthcare takes over.
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    kuzi16:
    here is one now:
    Kuzi, I fixed that picture....
    What do you think, better now?

kuzi16:
    beatnic:
    here is one now:

I like him actually, but in this case he is an asshat.
    kuzi16:
    JDH:

again, this wouldnt be quite as much of an issue if we didnt have government run health care headed our way. lets face facts: tobacco adds cost. that doesnt matter when i pay for my own medical, but if the government (and therefore the people) pays for me then cost becomes an issue. expect more legislation like this as Government Healthcare takes over.
    govt run? no, there is no bill or even talk of that, something like the VA. Single payer is not govt. run. It's like medicare, the govt just handles the money and cuts the over head like 25 - 30 percent. I know that's so bad.... Well if your an insurance exec who makes millions of people when they are sick and consistently raising premiums. Mine just went up again!!!!
    phobicsquirrel:
    kuzi16:
    JDH:

govt run? no, there is no bill or even talk of that, something like the VA. Single payer is not govt. run. It's like medicare, the govt just handles the money and cuts the over head like 25 - 30 percent. I know that's so bad.... Well if your an insurance exec who makes millions of people when they are sick and consistently raising premiums. Mine just went up again!!!!
    It is my experience that those who are consumed by the "liberal/conservative debate" are unable to realize that they are being manipulated, and their attention is being diverted away from the realities of what is actually happening.

Apolitical forces in our economy like the AMA and the Insurance companies are behind the attack on the use of tobacco, and our elected "representatives" are being influenced by them. This has nothing to do with politics or ideology. It has everything to do with Insurance profits, and the AMA wanting to control individual behavior, and our "representatives" are listening to those with the most "speech"; ie MONEY.
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    phobicsquirrel:
    I like him actually, but in this case he is an asshat.
    He seems to have some decent ideas and I agree with him on a few issues....but his position on cigars, IMO, is wrong and he seems ill informed on the topic.
    It's hard to believe these folks want to put hand-made premium cigars in the same category as grape flavored swisher sweets ... and regulate them in the same way.

It's just wrong and any of my representatives who support this will not be getting my vote for reelection.