Home General Discussion

Price Matching...

phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
If a place has a price match guarantee plus 5 percent but when you call about a product and they don't price match wouldn't you be upset? I had this happen this morning from another place and I'm a bit upset over it. Seems like if they were going to be selective, well first say they do then change their mind they shouldn't be advertising it on their emails.

Comments

• chemforeverchemforever Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,200
    phobicsquirrel:
    If a place has a price match guarantee plus 5 percent but when you call about a product and they don't price match wouldn't you be upset? I had this happen this morning from another place and I'm a bit upset over it. Seems like if they were going to be selective, well first say they do then change their mind they shouldn't be advertising it on their emails.
    Interesting, if it's the place I believe it is you would think since they are the progenators of the brand they would want to keep their reputation intact.
  • sol1821sol1821 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 706
    thats poor form :( name and shame i say
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    phobicsquirrel:
    Some places are pretty specific about what prices they will match/beat in the fine print. Did you read the fine print on this one? If so, and they still won't back it up, then yeah, name and blame. But please cover your butt and include the details like the guarantee, fine print, and the interaction you had. I'd hate someone to call you out for slander or whatever.

And, yeah, I'd be upset.
  • Alex SvensonAlex Svenson BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users Posts: 1,204
    Squirrel, if it is a price we can offer please let us know.
  • dowjr1dowjr1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 600
    Either way totally bogus.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    Alex Svenson:
    Thanks Alex. I sent Tim an email on the item, I didn't see it listed on the site. Just to be clear this wasn't here, Ccom has always been great.
    Ken Light:
    phobicsquirrel:
    Some places are pretty specific about what prices they will match/beat in the fine print. Did you read the fine print on this one? If so, and they still won't back it up, then yeah, name and blame. But please cover your butt and include the details like the guarantee, fine print, and the interaction you had. I'd hate someone to call you out for slander or whatever.

And, yeah, I'd be upset.
    Oh, true. I sent an email to the shop with their exact wording about their match policy. Probably won't go any farther. I really don't want to mention the name on here as this is ccom's site. If anyone really wanted to know I can answer that via pm. Let's just say it's fuente, and has sweet in the name. I'm more upset over the fact that their email wording was very large and colored brightly about the price matching. I could get the product at another place cheaper. The point is if your going to offer something like that than honor it. I didn't see any fine print or any mention of certain products.
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    Alex Svenson:
    Very classy and humbly done Alex.... as always you are the epitome of what the Cigar World truly should be business wise. Thank you once again for the treatment that you show each and every one of us... very very classy.
  • jimmyv723jimmyv723 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,497
    90+ Irishman:
    Alex Svenson:
    Very classy and humbly done Alex.... as always you are the epitome of what the Cigar World truly should be business wise. Thank you once again for the treatment that you show each and every one of us... very very classy.

Totally agree. One of the reasons I even found this place was because of a CS issue I was unhappy with at another site. But like I said before any amount of frustration I had was well worth it to find this place and it's because of stuff like this and a few other instances I've seen in my short time here that when I do have the funds to place an order it will be here.
  • JDHJDH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,107
    jimmyv723:
    90+ Irishman:
    Alex Svenson:

Totally agree. One of the reasons I even found this place was because of a CS issue I was unhappy with at another site. But like I said before any amount of frustration I had was well worth it to find this place and it's because of stuff like this and a few other instances I've seen in my short time here that when I do have the funds to place an order it will be here.
    Absoloutely correct.
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    jimmyv723:
    90+ Irishman:
    Alex Svenson:

+100. The only problem that I have with ccom is that it has completely ruined me for all other places of business of all types, not just cigar-related. I'm literally disgusted and go through fits of rage by the customer service I receive EVERYWHERE ELSE now. :D
  • JDHJDH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,107
    Ken Light:
    jimmyv723:
    90+ Irishman:
    Alex Svenson:

+100. The only problem that I have with ccom is that it has completely ruined me for all other places of business of all types, not just cigar-related. I'm literally disgusted and go through fits of rage by the customer service I receive EVERYWHERE ELSE now. :D
    Not only that, but AJ is taking all the space out of my humidor!
  • Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,971
    JDH:
    Ken Light:
    jimmyv723:
    90+ Irishman:
    Alex Svenson:

Not only that, but AJ is taking all the space out of my humidor!
    Tim has always been exceptional to deal with, just wishing he had a punch card for $$s spent with him :) I did some orders for my work and made up a sampler for them with a humi and everything and he was amazing to deal with as usual...thanks Ccom!
    Just wanted to update this thread. I heard back from that place and heard the usual bs. I'm filing a complaint with the BBO. But on a side note, Ccom is coming through (not that I ever had any doubts) but I never thought about it as the item wasn't listed on the site. Guess I should know that by now. Anyway like usual my buying will be with Ccom. I hate sounding like a fan boy but really 98 percent of my shopping is with ccom.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    So what was the item(s) in question?