Home General Discussion

What should I smoke for my birthday?

danielruasdanielruas Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 778
Well the subject says it all. Saturday night I'm going out with the wife and some friends, first stop is a cigar bar, they have a massive 1000sq ft walk in humidor with a great selection.

So my problem is, what the hell do I smoke?
I'm open to any and all suggestions, I plan on having one or two cigars and plan on getting something premium to super premium.

Comments

• rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    Opus X, God of Fire, MoW Armada, Davidoff, DPG My Father, etc...
  • TeegeTeege Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 660
    Happy almost birthday!!!!!! I would def say this one just because its so freaking cool looking :)

• RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    Teege:
    Happy almost birthday!!!!!! I would def say this one just because its so freaking cool looking :)

Now that's a cool Gar!
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,454
    Happy Birthday! Where are you heading? I haven't been in a while but Victory in Sudbury used to be our (bunch of guys in work) occasional cigar bar hang out in the winter. Federal in Plaistow has an awesome selection and it's byob.

Oh, and the opus football? The Fuente's were just in Plaistow for the Toast tour and the football went for something like $1,300. Something tells me that's out.
  • danielruasdanielruas Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 778
    Rob1110:
    Happy Birthday! Where are you heading? I haven't been in a while but Victory in Sudbury used to be our (bunch of guys in work) occasional cigar bar hang out in the winter. Federal in Plaistow has an awesome selection and it's byob.

Oh, and the opus football? The Fuente's were just in Plaistow for the Toast tour and the football went for something like $1,300. Something tells me that's out.
    I'm Headed to O'Sheas tavern and cigar bar in Nashua NH, it's only 20 minutes or so from me, nice place at least 15 beers on tap, friendly, knowledgable and like I said 1000sq ft walk in humidor. I've been meaning to head to federal but have never made my way up there.

As for the opus football that may be a bit out of my price range.
  • jr_p951jr_p951 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,121
    If I was to visit a cigar bar with a great selection, I would smoke something I know I like and in my top 3. A birthday is a time to treat yourself to something nice you know you like. Right now, I'd pick the LP no.9. With a nice Winter Ale or Lager! That would suit me just fine!!
  • boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,101
    So I'd do one of two things.

If your saving something for a special occassion, then smoke it.

If your not saving anything, then just grab your favorite smoke and enjoy the heck out of it.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    Rob1110:

SH%T! really. wow for a cigar, not to mention that little cigar. Wow some people have serious coin to throw around.

If your not going to be sitting and lightly chatting with cigar buddies I wouldn't go with a real expensive complex cigar. So my recommendation would be something less complex maybe a My Father cigar, or even an Opus if the price is right. I had a don carlos 30th on my wedding day and I just couldn't get into it as so much was going on. I feel I wasted it. Same thing happened on my anniversary this year, I had a tat T rex and couldn't be left alone to savor it, so I again felt like I wasted it. And those damn things you can't get easily, well the same can be said of the 30th.
  • JDHJDH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,107
    danielruas:
    Well the subject says it all. Saturday night I'm going out with the wife and some friends, first stop is a cigar bar, they have a massive 1000sq ft walk in humidor with a great selection.

So my problem is, what the hell do I smoke?
    I'm open to any and all suggestions, I plan on having one or two cigars and plan on getting something premium to super premium.
    Padron 26, My Father Limited 2010
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,064
    I am easy to please and would go with an Obsidian
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    The 1,300 that the Football sold for all went to charity, so that's most of why it was so high.
  • james40james40 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,450
    Happy Birthday. Me personally, I would hit up an Opus or GOF. For the second, I would try something like a nice Ashton. Have fun bro, paint the town red.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    Happy Bday man! I'd go with something that is special to you but you know you'll enjoy. I personally had a Camacho PE on my bday and that thing was awesome!
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,454
    Craziest thing about the football? There were a few guys who all went in to buy it for the one guy who cooked for the event. None of the purchasers were even the owners. Nuts.

Dan, PM me if you're ever heading up to Fed. I live 20 min away and could meet you if I'm not busy when you head up there.
  • Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,971
    Happy Birthday...smoke whatever you desire. I cant plan what I want to smoke before I get to the B&M, I make up my mind about 5 mins before I leave, too many choices...I would go there, evaluate the selection, and then make a decision...go big or go home!
  • danielruasdanielruas Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 778
    Well tonight is the night, haven't made up my mind yet but I will once I'm in the walk in humidor and will report back on what I decide to smoke, thank you all for the suggestions.