Home General Discussion

Liga Privada "A"

zeebrazeebra Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,166
Anyone tried this? I got this in and this thing is crazy! Here is a picture I took comparing it to the LP40, which is 7 x 40...

I dont think I will ever smoke this!

Comments

• Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,971
    WOW, just gorgeous. Haven't seen those released yet
  • dbeckomdbeckom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,807
    Where did you find that? I've read about em, but never seen one. They're listed as 'Not For Resale'
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    You could only get them at the Drew Estate events and only if you ordered enough items or boxes or won a raffle.... one of the single most sought after DE Serie Unico sticks in existence.... I emailed DE askin for ANY way to purchase one and they said tough luck... shame really, but Way To Go!!!! That is seriously incredible!!!!
  • zeebrazeebra Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,166
    True, I did not purchase this. It came in a wooden box, with two "A"'s in it, given to me by one of the vendors, as I've purchased over 8 boxes of Liga Privadas from him.
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    zeebra:
    True, I did not purchase this. It came in a wooden box, with two "A"'s in it, given to me by one of the vendors, as I've purchased over 8 boxes of Liga Privadas from him.
    That is truly awesome Zeeb!! Congrats in such a rare and special pickup!!
  • jr_p951jr_p951 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,121
    That a big smoke! I'd keep it until I picked up a second one, then I'd smoke it! I'm not a collector, I'm a smoker! Toast it up when back up arrives!
  • AJGARLETTAJGARLETT Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 648
    That thing is a MONSTER Zee! Reminds me of the big Padron Magnum's but in a smaller gauge. Great looking cigar, Im going to have to do some googling and read more about it, had no idea they existed until your post....very cool!
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    awesome!! would like to see more of the box too!
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    Only available at Drew Estate events. Really awesome. One of my favorite vitolas ever. 9 inches just gives a cigar so much potential to evolve.
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    docbp87:
    9 inches just gives a cigar so much potential to evolve.
    That's what she said.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    docbp87:
    Only available at Drew Estate events. Really awesome. One of my favorite vitolas ever. 9 inches just gives a cigar so much potential to evolve.
    this is very true. it will give you a very good understanding of how the filler works with the wrapper and binder. you should have a complex stick over the length of it with a definitive "sweet spot" in the middle. this is not to say that it is sweet, but rather it is more flavorful and overall round in the middle. the beginning and the end will theoretically have a sweeter taste.
    The Kid:
    awesome!! would like to see more of the box too!

docbp87:
    I was searching for a review by you, I could have sworn I saw one you did for the L40..
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    zeebra:
    docbp87:
    I was searching for a review by you, I could have sworn I saw one you did for the L40..
    Nah. I haven't smoked Liga Privada A, and didn't review the L40 yet.
  • dowjr1dowjr1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 600