Home General Discussion

Gurkha Grand Reserve

acewoodsonacewoodson Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 191
I would appreciate any feedback you guys and gals might have on the Gurkha Grand Reserve. I like cognac dipped sticks and was wondering if it's worth the bucks.

Comments

• Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,971
    When I smoked one that was gifted to me about a month back I absolutely hated it, but the hate was focused towards the cognac. The construction was great and the burn was very good, but the smell honestly made me sick smoking it and then the smell lingering for a few hours after it was done. I wouldn't recommend it but to each their own.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    I have had a few that were really good and a few that were just ok. Worth it to try it at least once. If you like it then get more. If not, you only wasted a few bucks ($12?).
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,454
    Good if you like cognac. I've got a few for when I'm in the mood for something different. I liked the Royal Salute more but they're quite a bit more pricey.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    I like the grands, I have a bunch left. The platinum and art deco's are my favorite. The most flavor out of the entire line. The royal reserve's that I have had and I have had many (even have a few left) have been appointment's. Rob may have had better luck than I did but I have ordered them from two different places and the same results. Not sure what is with them but they are plagued with burn issues and lack of flavor. But IMO the best cognac and flavor are from the art deco and the the platinum reserves.
  • RBeckomRBeckom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,099
    I personally enjoy this cigar. The cognac simply adds more character and flavor to A great cigar.
  • wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    So far, it's one of the very few infused cigars that I enjoy. The cognac is a very nice touch and the aroma's much more pleasant to non-smokers around you (like my wife). But unlike some other infused cigars that have no natural taste from the tobacco, the tobacco actually has some woody, citrus notes as well as a hint of nutty cream from the connie wrapper.

Dammit. Now, I want some. I ran out a while ago.
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    phobicsquirrel:
    I like the grands, I have a bunch left. The platinum and art deco's are my favorite. The most flavor out of the entire line. The royal reserve's that I have had and I have had many (even have a few left) have been appointment's. Rob may have had better luck than I did but I have ordered them from two different places and the same results. Not sure what is with them but they are plagued with burn issues and lack of flavor. But IMO the best cognac and flavor are from the art deco and the the platinum reserves.
    I like em... Didnt know the art deco is a cognac type cigar,, I had one didnt taste any cognac and didnt care too much for the stick..Were talking Miranda?
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    The Kid:
    phobicsquirrel:
    I like em... Didnt know the art deco is a cognac type cigar,, I had one didnt taste any cognac and didnt care too much for the stick..Were talking Miranda?
    Gurkha has their own Art Deco. I have a few but I got them from someone. Never seen them in a store or online myself.
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    rwheelwright:
    The Kid:
    phobicsquirrel:
    Gurkha has their own Art Deco. I have a few but I got them from someone. Never seen them in a store or online myself.
    Thanks appreciate the info
  • acewoodsonacewoodson Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 191
    Thanks for all of your input. I'm gonna order a couple with my next big order. Have a great Christmas.