Home General Discussion

Thoughts on these sticks

ZAPZAP Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 164
Big day tomorrow. Haven't had a stick in about a month and have several that I've never tried waiting for me. Cold up here in Minnesota but will be mid-30's tomorrow so I am planning a bonfire....a thermos of hot chocolate andRumplemintz...and one of these sticks below.

Any suggestions on what I should go with...?? Not sure when my next opportunity will be to have one.

-La Flor Dominicana Air Bender
-Man O' War Armada
-Tatuaje Havana VI
-San Lotano Oval
-Cohiba XV
-Gurkha Widow Maker
-Gurkha Black Dragon

Thanks for any thoughts. Right now I think my top three thoughts are either Air Bender, San Lotano or MOW Armada.

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    ZAP:
    Big day tomorrow. Haven't had a stick in about a month and have several that I've never tried waiting for me. Cold up here in Minnesota but will be mid-30's tomorrow so I am planning a bonfire....a thermos of hot chocolate andRumplemintz...and one of these sticks below. Any suggestions on what I should go with...?? Not sure when my next opportunity will be to have one. -La Flor Dominicana Air Bender -Man O' War Armada -Tatuaje Havana VI -San Lotano Oval -Cohiba XV -Gurkha Widow Maker -Gurkha Black Dragon Thanks for any thoughts. Right now I think my top three thoughts are either Air Bender, San Lotano or MOW Armada.
    the order that you posted that list is the order that i like them.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    I vote Tat Havana VI. Tough to beat that stick!

• JDHJDH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,107
    That's a great list, no loosers there, for sure, but I'd go with the Oval; save the Air Bender and the Armada for something more special. The Tat Havana IS hard to beat...good list. Whatever you choose, you win.
  • jr_p951jr_p951 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,121
    I'd vote the Tat Havana VI, if it has a couple months on it. Then the Armada. Def a great selection of sticks.
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    replace the armada with the Black dragon in your top 3 and you cant go wrong...
  • MarkerMarker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,524
    Where you at in MN Zap? Zap, MN?
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    ZAP:
    Big day tomorrow. Haven't had a stick in about a month and have several that I've never tried waiting for me. Cold up here in Minnesota but will be mid-30's tomorrow so I am planning a bonfire....a thermos of hot chocolate andRumplemintz...and one of these sticks below. Any suggestions on what I should go with...?? Not sure when my next opportunity will be to have one. -La Flor Dominicana Air Bender -Man O' War Armada -Tatuaje Havana VI -San Lotano Oval -Cohiba XV -Gurkha Widow Maker -Gurkha Black Dragon Thanks for any thoughts. Right now I think my top three thoughts are either Air Bender, San Lotano or MOW Armada.
    Air Bender is my first choice, Man o War next, third is Black Dragon.. Never had a Widow Maker so I can't really say.
  • ZAPZAP Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 164
    There is no Zap, MN but there is a Zap, ND....

I am north of Bemidji
  • CharlieCordusCharlieCordus Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 84
    ZAP:
    There is no Zap, MN but there is a Zap, ND.... I am north of Bemidji
    I'd go with the Tat or the Air Bender. I'd save the Armada for no peppermint schnapps...
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    kaspera79:
    ZAP:
    Air Bender is my first choice, Man o War next, third is Black Dragon.. Never had a Widow Maker so I can't really say.
    Widow Maker is extremely mild, good morning smoke
  • beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    CharlieCordus:
    ZAP:
    There is no Zap, MN but there is a Zap, ND.... I am north of Bemidji
    I'd go with the Tat or the Air Bender. I'd save the Armada for no peppermint schnapps... I am east of Bemidji. Either you or Marker ever make a trip to Winnipeg for uh- you know??

I have not and don't have a passport these days...
  • MarkerMarker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,524
    I don't need to go to Winnipeg for uh- I knows. I hope that means CCs anyhow. I have enough of those for now.

I will send you guys a PM if I head up that direction. I am in Moorhead.
    Ended up going with the  La Flor Dominicana Air Bender.  I had been sitting on that one for awhile and just couldn't wait anymore.  Nice flavor to that cigar....burned real uneven for about half the cigar and had to relight the side of it a couple times to even it out but it was good.  Followed that up with a La Herencia Cubana.  That one burned slow and even.  A little milder it seemed than the LFD AB....nice day by the campfire but too much hot chocolate/rumplemintz .....I am reminded once again why I drink beer almost exclusively except for a bourbon on the rocks occasionally.....it tasted good but too rich...will have to find a better warm drink for the future...
  • CharlieCordusCharlieCordus Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 84
    ZAP:
    Ended up going with the  La Flor Dominicana Air Bender.  I had been sitting on that one for awhile and just couldn't wait anymore.  Nice flavor to that cigar....burned real uneven for about half the cigar and had to relight the side of it a couple times to even it out but it was good.  Followed that up with a La Herencia Cubana.  That one burned slow and even.  A little milder it seemed than the LFD AB....nice day by the campfire but too much hot chocolate/rumplemintz .....I am reminded once again why I drink beer almost exclusively except for a bourbon on the rocks occasionally.....it tasted good but too rich...will have to find a better warm drink for the future...
    Nice! What a beautiful weekend to enjoy!
  • JDHJDH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,107
    A good dark rum in hot water is a nice cold weather drink.