Home General Discussion

Cooler shopping.....

howtobasshowtobass Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 589
*singing horribly in winter seasonal tone*

Shopping for a cool-er, shopping for a cool-er, which one should I get?
Big ones, small ones, tall ones, wide ones, my wife's gonna have a fit!

I'll be here all days folks... thank you, thank you.... but seriously... already.. my beautiful "display" humi is jam packed! Damn you fantastic tasting cigars!!!! Let the cooler build begin!

Comments

• jj20030jj20030 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,448
    howtobass:

I'll be here all days folks... thank you, thank you.... but seriously... already.. my beautiful "display" humi is jam packed! Damn you fantastic tasting cigars!!!! Let the cooler build begin!
    with my humis i thought my 48 quart was going to be good, WRONG,LOL
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    jj20030:
    howtobass:

with my humis i thought my 48 quart was going to be good, WRONG,LOL
    Yeah, 48 is too small. I've got two of 'em. and then some.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Size is most important obviously, you'll need room to grow. I'd recommend against one with a super tight seal as you'll want some air exchange, like with a normal humidor. Aside from that, happy hunting.
  • james40james40 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,450
    I got the Coleman 50 quart 5 day cooler and love it except it's way too small. You will also need to consider wheels or no wheels as it will change the interior shape. The 50 quarts may look big but trust me, it fills up very fast. Did you get your beads yet?
  • 415415 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 951
    yeah i filled my 80 quart in 7 months. thank god for the locker at the b&m i moved almost all of my boxes there and now use the cooler for singles
  • joshvoigtjoshvoigt Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 325
    I use a 120 quart and I'm about due for no 2!
  • PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 739
    i like my Coleman Stackers. Dont forget that Cabi made some sick trays for it to make it like a 1000 count humi.
  • jr_p951jr_p951 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,121
    An 80 quart cooler for singles!! Oh man, thats so bad ass!!

There was recently a cooler that was wooden with a cooler in laid. Very nice looking and I'm sure my wife would buy off on it! Maybe that would help you ease the coolidor idea with her. Maybe someone can help with a link. I can't seem to find it and it was with-int he last month or so too!
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    jr_p951:
    An 80 quart cooler for singles!! Oh man, thats so bad ass!!

There was recently a cooler that was wooden with a cooler in laid. Very nice looking and I'm sure my wife would buy off on it! Maybe that would help you ease the coolidor idea with her. Maybe someone can help with a link. I can't seem to find it and it was with-int he last month or so too!
    I believe you're referring to the one I picked up from TSC. I got it on sale for 99.99 around Thanksgiving and if you're concerned about the look of it and want something other than a plastic exterior, I'd check it out.
    CLICK HERE
    Spanish cedar boards for the inside are coming in today, I'll post pics once I get those in. humidor closedhumidor open
  • jr_p951jr_p951 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,121
    Thats the one jgibv! That thing is almost a piece of furniture!
  • howtobasshowtobass Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 589
    It looks awesome but i'm afraid that it's going to be too small. I've already doubted these brothers once, I'm going big like they said I should have in the begining. Maybe I can coax the wife into a wine cooler.... hmmm
  • slickricslickric Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 705
    i absolutely love this cooler. how many cigars do you think it will hold after all the cedar? does it seal well? i am VERY interested in this
    howtobass:
    It looks awesome but i'm afraid that it's going to be too small. I've already doubted these brothers once, I'm going big like they said I should have in the begining. Maybe I can coax the wife into a wine cooler.... hmmm
    they makem bigger bro,lol > http://www.amazon.com/GUIDE-GEAR-Rustic-Cooler-quart/dp/B003LQO7UE/ref=pd_sim_sbs_ol_1
  • howtobasshowtobass Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 589
    jj20030:
    howtobass:
    they makem bigger bro,lol > http://www.amazon.com/GUIDE-GEAR-Rustic-Cooler-quart/dp/B003LQO7UE/ref=pd_sim_sbs_ol_1
    Now that's what i'm talkin about! Thanks JJ! I'm going to drop that link in the wife's inbox.....
    howtobass:
    jj20030:
    howtobass:
    Now that's what i'm talkin about! Thanks JJ! I'm going to drop that link in the wife's inbox.....
    been eyeing that myself,lol
  • CvilleECvilleE Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,177
    jj20030:
    howtobass:
    jj20030:
    howtobass:
    been eyeing that myself,lol
    jj your always finding awesome things to share....this looks sweet, and roomy as well....I could almost ditch the cooler for a while if I had this thing...lol
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    jj20030:
    Dang....nice find, JJ. Probably a little big for what I need right now, but good to know it's out there in case I ever need more space in the future.
    slickric:
    i absolutely love this cooler. how many cigars do you think it will hold after all the cedar? does it seal well? i am VERY interested in this
    If you store them without the boxes, I'd have to guess 500+. The inside dimensions, after cedar, are 12"Lx20.5"Wx12"H...so there's a good amount of room in there.

As far as the seal around the lid, it's not air-tight but I'm going to add some rubber weather stripping (as suggested by some BOTLs) so I'm thinking that along with the cedar should form a pretty good seal.