Home General Discussion

Pinar del Rio

ZAPZAP Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 164
I see Pinar del Rio is featured in the newest CC newsletter.  I've never tried their sticks but see they are priced pretty reasonably.  Any thoughts on their product?  Who would you compare their cigars to in flavor?

Comments

• BigT06BigT06 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,899
    Very good products. Obsidian is one of my go to smokes. Very good blender as well.

use the search function in the reviews area and you'll get the info you're looking for.
  • chemforeverchemforever Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,200
    I enjoy the oscuro and am waiting to try the obsidian I received from the COM club.
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    I think PDR is great, as a value brand that most people can afford to smoke on a daily basis. They have a full range of products that offer a great variety, in a huge number of vitolas. Abe is also a great dude by all accounts. I have a few boxes of the old blend lanceros, and while they taste great, they aren't always consistent, and don't always smoke perfectly... but for 3 bucks a stick or whatever, if one is a dud, I don't feel bad about tossing it. In my opinion the only PDR cigar that has ever been WOW worthy is the stick they did for BOTL.org through Burning Leaf last year. Those things were great, but sadly are long gone.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    docbp87:
    Abe is also a great dude by all accounts.
    agreed there. i met him in NOLA when i was down there.

as far as the cigars go, they are good. the Oscuro taste like a very classic Oscuro with coffee and spice... that thing lasted forever.
    kuzi16:
    docbp87:
    Abe is also a great dude by all accounts.
    agreed there. i met him in NOLA when i was down there.

as far as the cigars go, they are good. the Oscuro taste like a very classic Oscuro with coffee and spice... that thing lasted forever.
    agreed! Last one I smoke lasted 2.5 hrs! And yes, Doc, the BOTL is great. I was lucky enough to get one from JHewey and it was awesome.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    I like PDR cigars as well. The Sungrown has a great flavor that comes through without having to concentrate on it, great for smoking while doing other things. I haven't had a cigar of theirs yet that I didn't like.
    Jump on todays Daily Deal #2 if you're curious about these! Can't go wrong with that. GREAT deal!
  • CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 239
    Pinar Del Rio Seleccion Reserva Limitada* (*2010 w/ the PA wrapper) = One of the best bargain cigars you can get IMO. They can be had for $55 a box if you look around and stay vigilant (think bogyman site). Let's just say I am well stocked on them. Get them before they are gone, there is already a new blend on the horizon and that PA wrapper wont last.
  • CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 239
    One more thing those that like the Obsidian may want to hit up their reps on this deal :) : http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewcigar.asp?prod=SP-4NBASST2
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,539
    I love PDR the smokes are well constructed and the blends are well done. I also like the PDR Seleccion Reserva Limitada, I of course just love a PA wrapper.
    I also had the priviledge of talking with Abe about 2 months ago and he is really nice down-to-earth, passionate about tobacco guy.
    He is currently creating a new blend for CCOM under Sol Cubana label, it should be out early next year. I say try them you won't disappointed.