Home General Discussion

Tatuaje El Triunfador

JDHJDH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,107
Anybody had these?

Comments

• Rob1110Rob1110 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,454
    Lanceros are amazing. The old man and the C was awesome too (culebra of the lanceros with an original on the side).
  • wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    They're pretty good, but you rarely find them on sale. For a habano, it's surprisingly mild, but the flavors are great.
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,725
    The original release lancero is in my top 3 favorite cigars. Pete is still producing them on a limited basis and Ive noiced more and more big Tat. Retailers having them in stock. The new blend is completely different and IMO not even close to the same class. Still decent but the OR incredible imo.
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    I love both the original Broadleaf wrapped blend lanceros, and the new blend. The original blend is full bodied, dark, sweet, earthy... everything Connecticut Broadleaf Maduro should be. The new (full line) blend actually reminds me of a few Cuban brands (so it would actually, for once, be fair to refer to the El Triunfador as "Cubanesque", unlike more cigars advertised as such), medium bodied, cinnamon and nutmeg, earth, and toasty tobacco... I really love the Lonsdale and Lancero sizes, but the petit corona is also an awesome option for a shorter smoke now that it is getting colder.
  • JDHJDH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,107
    docbp87:
    I love both the original Broadleaf wrapped blend lanceros, and the new blend. The original blend is full bodied, dark, sweet, earthy... everything Connecticut Broadleaf Maduro should be. The new (full line) blend actually reminds me of a few Cuban brands (so it would actually, for once, be fair to refer to the El Triunfador as "Cubanesque", unlike more cigars advertised as such), medium bodied, cinnamon and nutmeg, earth, and toasty tobacco... I really love the Lonsdale and Lancero sizes, but the petit corona is also an awesome option for a shorter smoke now that it is getting colder.
    From what I've read, the original lancero was a cabaguian blend with a connie broadleaf wrapper.

Which Cubans would you compare the new release to?
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    JDH:
    Cubans would you compare the new release to?
    I don't know that there are any specific CC blends I would say this is exactly comparable to, but there are elements of the El T that remind me of Partagas and Bolivar most specifically. Probably not surprising that Partagas and Boli tend to also sit at the fuller end of the spectrum as "ISOM" goes.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    i have had both blends as well.
    my only real complaint with the newer blend is that they seemed to burn very fast.
    maybe it was just me.
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    I really didn't like the El Triunfador original blend (Ghost Cigar). it had way too much of a dark chocolate note for me. I like dark chocolate notes but this was too much. Gimme a LADC and I'm loving it. The El T was too much though. i thought i would love it too. I guess I felt let down.
  • beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    I like the lanceros. Also, the draw on these cigars is perfect.