Home General Discussion

Cars vs Cigars

2»

Comments

• SalemSalem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 717
    So, how does one put a pic in a message here. I've searched everywhere on this forum for the info and can't find it. Thanks for making it work! Most forums have an icon you click on or whatever.
  • scarlinscarlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,592
    Salem:
    So, how does one put a pic in a message here. I've searched everywhere on this forum for the info and can't find it. Thanks for making it work! Most forums have an icon you click on or whatever.
    Search "Format" in the search bar and you get this link (It tells you everything you need to know): http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/post/281066.aspx
  • wwesternwwestern Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,386
    gaberox:
    wwestern:
    BigT06:
    ScottC:
    I read a quote from Kaizad Hansotia about his Gurkha cigars...

"You have your Ford, Toyota, and GM, who make very good cars that are mass-marketed and sold to the public. You're not going to fight with them — they are too powerful and too big. And then you have a company like ours, which is like Ferrari or Bentley. They only make a small amount to assure the utmost in quality and construction. The person who smokes our cigars wants a luxurious cigar they can smoke on a Friday or Saturday night, or during a very special occasion."

womp womp wahhhh
    If by very special occasion he means only smoking 1/3 of a cigar then tossing it in utter disgust, I agree.
    Most Gurkhas arent "that" bad. Utter disgust is a little overboard. Ive enjoyed Gurkhas at times, they just arent as great as adverstised.
    Other than the centurian I'd say utter disgust is pretty well spot on how I feel about gurkha.
  • asianbiker8asianbiker8 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 551
    This thread is great! I was actually thinking about breaking out the half helmet I hardly ever wear instead of my usual full face helmet, lighting up a MoW ruination, and getting on the road with my Harley.
  • HaybletHayblet Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,400
    dennisking:
    ScottC:
    I read a quote from Kaizad Hansotia about his Gurkha cigars...

"You have your Ford, Toyota, and GM, who make very good cars that are mass-marketed and sold to the public. You're not going to fight with them — they are too powerful and too big. And then you have a company like ours, which is like Ferrari or Bentley. They only make a small amount to assure the utmost in quality and construction. The person who smokes our cigars wants a luxurious cigar they can smoke on a Friday or Saturday night, or during a very special occasion."

unfortunately, they are quite the opposite. they have more entries in the catalog than probably anyone. Kaizad is full of crap. He's a marketing guru but they aren't the best out there.
    Sadly I agree with DK, I used to like the Gurkha Kool-Aid, went out of my way to try as many as I could find, usually paid the price I could have gotten 2 others for them. Don't get me wrong they have SOME good sticks: Centurian, Vintage Shaggy, Genghis Kahn, and Royal Brigade come to mind, and honorable mention to the Micro Batch Liga Tbp-7, silly name super great box pressed smoke. I've sadly learned that too many of his blends just seem to taste the same, or cost way too much for the problems they can have. I still love the box designs of most of them, but damn that should not be a reason to purchase them. So many great cigars come in the simplest of boxes and sometimes I really believe Kaizad and his company could learn from that.