Home General Discussion

Official Introduction

jimmyv723jimmyv723 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,497
Hey everyone,

I just joined the other day and have made a few posts but wanted to formally introduce myself. My name is Jim and I've been a cigar smoker for many years now. It's mainly been a once in a while type thing and I've tried before to do a humidor but could just never get them to take. Finally decided a few months ago to try again after seeing all the new humidification options out there.

I got a nice Rocky Patel humidor and some cigars to start off with and have added some more since then. I got a couple 5/5 combos with 5 Vegas Gold and Hoyo Excalibur in one and Graycliff Profesinale and Cohiba red Dot in the other. I also got some cheap $1 sticks as well just to have as knock around smokes and to have for if people are over and want a cigar. Since then I added a Nub Sampler and 10 Nub Plus Habano, a 20 Maduro Sampler with some RP Edge, Perdoma Habano, Nica Libre, Alec Bradley Maxx and Oliva Series O and a CAO sampler.

So far I've enjoyed them all except for the Graycliffs. I had issues with each and every one of those and was just very disappointed. The other ones have all been great though and I've really grown to like the Maduro and Habano wrappers. When I first got everything a few months ago I was sticking to milder stuff to build up my tolerance and not get overwhelmed so I kept away from the Maduro stuff at first but they definitely hit the spot now. Sometimes I still get a little woozy here and there but that's not a bad thing lol.

Anyway, seems like a great group of people here and I'm glad I found this place. Looking forward to trying more great cigars and if anyone has any suggestions that would be great. Been checking out some samplers and some look pretty good but it's always nice to get some input as well.

Comments