Home Cigar 101

Who not to buy from....

2»

Comments

• betasynnbetasynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,249
    Pretty much a huge fan of ccom because of their speed and care in shipping. I don't think there is a site online that I trust more. Alex is a great example of what they do right; they keep in touch with their customer base, even going so far as to let us create our own house blend (If we get to name it, my vote goes to the Cigar.com Bacon.) They also always sell and ship quality; when I get a stick, it's in perfect condition. Many B&M's don't even keep their cigars in the sort of shape ccom's arrive in. Big props to this site; I'm going to buy a box from here with my tax refund.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    for the record I could only get the box at T... so that's why. I hear way too many bad things about them.
  • xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    So is there anyone else you guys buy from?

Cigar.com has some nice prices, but for a few cigars I'm looking at, Moms Cigars have better prices - I've ordered from them 2x, first time was fine, second time it took them a few days to ship, so I'm a bit on the fence about them.

Anyone have experience with Famous Smokes? Their prices seem good, but I haven't heard anything, good or bad, about their service/shipping

Also - why is it every online smoke shop with good prices is based in NY or PA?  Is it tax laws, or regulations?

Thanks for any help
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Just a little reminder, out of respect for cigar.com, we try not to mention the names of competing cigar sites on the open forum. They know we don't buy every single cigar from them, but all the same, we don't flaunt that fact out of common courtesy.

There are a ton of other places you can buy from, some will have better prices, but none will match the level of customer service you get from cigar.com.
  • mustluvcigarsmustluvcigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 686
    j0z3r:
    There are a ton of other places you can buy from, some will have better prices, but none will match the level of customer service you get from cigar.com.
    here here, same day shipping-humidified shipping-100% satisfication guarantee-kick-ass forum-forum led blend--and the list goes on

three cheers for Alex and team at cigar.com
  • xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    cigar.com ships cigars humidified?  Never heard of that before - sounds pretty sweet :)
  • HugemooseHugemoose Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 458
    xmacro:
    cigar.com ships cigars humidified?  Never heard of that before - sounds pretty sweet :)

Yup! I just got my Oliva box and sampler in the mail today; the sampler came with a water pillow in it.

And of course....free matches! This is only the second time I have bought from them and both times I have been extremely pleased.

Any body else with experience know how well humidified the cigars are when you buy a box? They are in my humi now....but I'll probably want one later tonight.
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,214
    My first ever online order was from they who shall not be named (T). It was also my LAST order from them. I love knowing that if I order from CCOM on Thursday morning, I can be smoking part of said order on Friday afternoon. Only one other company I buy from; if anything ever happened to zip code 18014 I'd be SOL.
  • kevster77kevster77 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 68
    actually had to google the zip. figured it out.
  • Slyk3Slyk3 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2

j0z3r:
    Just a little reminder, out of respect for cigar.com, we try not to mention the names of competing cigar sites on the open forum. They know we don't buy every single cigar from them, but all the same, we don't flaunt that fact out of common courtesy.

Actually Ccom is part of CigarInternational.com & I believe a couple other sites. They all ship out of CI in Bath, Pa. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I jump back & forth between the sites because prices vary out of the same company.

• undulacundulac Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,129
    Slyk3:

j0z3r:

Actually Ccom is part of CigarInternational.com & I believe a couple other sites. They all ship out of CI in Bath, Pa. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I jump back & forth between the sites because prices vary out of the same company.

I know that joecigar.com is the same as cigarsinternational.com but I thought that cigar.com was independent of them. They may use the same warehouse, but I thought they were competitors. Anyone?
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    they share a warehouse thats all
  • Slyk3Slyk3 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2

gmill880:
    they share a warehouse thats all

I've gotten a few orders from JRs, CI & a few othersfrom the same warehouse. They are all invoiced & packaged exactly the same. That leads me to believe they are all the same company. In which case, you would not be doing any disservice by talking about them & would get the same great service.

• mustluvcigarsmustluvcigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 686
    j0z3r:

I think Jozer said it best, and this sums up the feelings of the board at large, CCOM is its own site and they provide us this great forum, out of respect to CCOM we do not discuss other sites on the open forum. We save any speculation about their business relationships or discussion of deals, events and anything of the sort for private messages or email.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555
    Ordered from Ccom about 6 times. Every shipment came humidified (water pillows). I threw the 1st two out b cuz I didnt know what they were. I wish I kept them!
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    mustluvcigars:
    j0z3r:

I think Jozer said it best, and this sums up the feelings of the board at large, CCOM is its own site and they provide us this great forum, out of respect to CCOM we do not discuss other sites on the open forum. We save any speculation about their business relationships or discussion of deals, events and anything of the sort for private messages or email.
    I agree 100% here. These guys provide us with an awesome forum and we should be respectful and if we are going to promote anyone, it should be Ccom. And I believe Alex got on here once and notified us that Ccom is a stand alone company and NOT part of the other one so many people were speaking of.
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    That is correct Alex said they were not the same company-he is the chief merchandising agent so he would know-that should end that and no I didn't mean that to sound like a smart a$$ ...