Home General Discussion

Question for our ISOM expert brothers

PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 739
I'm looking for info on whether or not a box of Montecristo MINIs is real or fake. If anyone knows about the minis, please let me know

Comments

• DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
    If it has the barcode, run it through this: Serial Checker

Not sure on how much mini's are faked, I would think counterfitters would be more interested in big $ cigars than these...
  • camgfscamgfs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 967
    Box or Tin, 10 or 50? Do you have pics? Basically, you should look for that size not to have a band, the detail on the packaging should be sharp and clear and the cigars should be real close to the same shade/colouration, all the same length and well made, even for a small cigar.

When questioning authenticity ask yourself:
    • Where did I get them?
    • Do I trust the source
    • Was the price "too good to be true"
    • If a box: is the bottom stamped, does it have a date and factory code?
    • Is the quality of the packaging top notch?
    • Was a seal attached to the package or just 'placed' inside the package (it should be attached, not included in the box).

Post pics if you can and that might help. Trust your source....some dude or chick on the beach in Mexico is not a reliable source of genuine Cuban cigars (but we'd all like to believe I'm wrong).

• PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 739
    Diamondog:
    If it has the barcode, run it through this: Serial Checker

Not sure on how much mini's are faked, I would think counterfitters would be more interested in big $ cigars than these...
    That site is awesome and everyone should know it. Thanks for it. Unfortunately its a preserial number one
    Here is the box. Are the cigars supposed to be short filler? is that the right set up for montecristo on the box? is the seal positioned correctly? Photobucket Photobucket
    I don't know about the short filler.
    The box details are consistent with the font style and logo.
    The only thing I 'might' question is the placement of the security seal. On most cuban boxes, the seal is placed where the shield is centered on the fold of the top of the box. On yours, the entire shield is on the lid of the box, not with the middle of it folded from the top to the leading edge. The detail on the seal looks good, but the placement is off, and maybe that's ok for a small box of minis, but not cool if it was a full size box.....I'm just not sure it should matter.
    The box is fine, detail good, just the seal placement is questionable (to me, anyway).

Have you tried the cigars?
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    I think most minis are short filler. But it's still premium tobacco. But short filler is easier to use when making minis. At least that's what I've read on it and a lot of short filler minis come out of Cuba .
    yea, the placement of the label concerned me, but i couldnt find definitive answers on the placement for minis. That and most boxes i see have the logo in the center and bigger. If this is a fake, then its the most beautiful fake ive seen
  • 415415 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 951
    im not 100% sure but i believe the monte mini uses a mix of short filler and long
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    Based on the info on Trevor's site, everything looks good: Trev's incredible site
    if you like them, smoke them....if they taste like used tampons, gift them to someone you hate.
    docbp87:
    Based on the info on Trevor's site, everything looks good: Trev's incredible site
    according to that site the label is placed a lil off, but everything else looks great. Maybe it was the label guys first day? haha. Thanks bro, I was lookin for a site like that
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    Be sure to let us know how they are.
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    camgfs:
    if you like them, smoke them....if they taste like used tampons, gift them to someone you hate.
    I kind of think the Minis taste like tampons anyway...
  • AQUADGIO1200AQUADGIO1200 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 406
    MonteCristo does make mini's here is the correct size: Size: Length: 4 1/3" Ring Gauge: 26 (112mm x 10.6mm) Type: Cigarillos Cigars per box