Home Cigar 101

Recommend some cigars

ZAPZAP Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 164
Relatively new to cigars.

I really enjoy these:

Camacho Select
Carlos Torano Exodus Silver
Padron 3000 (Actually all the Padron's I have had I like)

My questions:

How would you classify my tastes (ie what style of cigars are these) and what would be some recommendations for similar or other cigars along these lines.  I think these are all about medium strength but I love their flavors but haven't really learned to describe the notes I am tasting.

Thanks for the help

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    If you like the taste of the Padron, then I would recommend looking into Padilla cigars, notably the Signature 1948, 1932 and Miami. Also La Aroma de Cuba is a nice, medium bodied cigar with a flavor profile I feel would appeal to a Padron fan.
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
  • AQUADGIO1200AQUADGIO1200 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 406
    Seeing that you tried Carlos Torano, try the Carlos Torano Signature series....its one of my fav's, Gloria Cubana R series, Vegas Gold, Miami or Classic. One good way is to buy sampler packages...its a good way to savor whats good.
  • Garen BGaren B Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 977
    Buy a do it yourself sampler or two from C.com, good way to figure out what sticks you like and don't like. Heck, you can get some really nice sticks for cheap if you look hard enough in that sampler.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    punch gran puro
    sancho panza extra fuerte
    camacho SLR maduro
    gurkha regent
  • ZAPZAP Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 164
    Thanks for the help everyone....would you call the Camacho Select and Torano Silver spicy or nutty?
    i smoke very slow so i dont get nearly as much spice as some of the guys here may on ony given cigar.... id still tend to say more to the nutty earthy side.
    kuzi16:
    i smoke very slow so i dont get nearly as much spice as some of the guys here may on ony given cigar.... id still tend to say more to the nutty earthy side.
    Would you say that is perhaps an effect of the Honduran tobacco? Going from memory here, I seem to recall less spice/pepper and more earthy nutty flavors from cigars made primarily of Honduran tobacco, whereas it seems, in my experience at least, that Nicaraguan tobacco gives off more pepper and coffee notes.
  • iwsmith2iwsmith2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 65
    Rocky Patel Decade for sure and if you can get your hands on any Padron 1926 mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • urbinourbino Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,517
    j0z3r:
    kuzi16:
    Would you say that is perhaps an effect of the Honduran tobacco? Going from memory here, I seem to recall less spice/pepper and more earthy nutty flavors from cigars made primarily of Honduran tobacco, whereas it seems, in my experience at least, that Nicaraguan tobacco gives off more pepper and coffee notes.
    That's been my experience, too.
    yes. and IMO (im not humble), this is what makes honduran tobacco superior to nicaraguan.

YMMV
    kuzi16:
    yes. and IMO (im not humble), this is what makes honduran tobacco superior to nicaraguan.

YMMV
    I wouldn't say I think Nicaraguan tobacco is superior, but I do like it more. That's not to say I don't like Honduran, but given the choice between a Nica puro and a Honduran puro, the Nica will win out about 8 times out of ten.
    And, for me, Dominican is better, yet.
    Dominican is good, but I really like a blend of Dominican and Nicaraguan...perhaps with a cameroon wrapper to boot. I think I just created a La Flor Dominicana Cameroon Cabinet. :)
    Oh, yes, blends are nice. They're so . . . blendy.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    j0z3r:
    Dominican is good, but I really like a blend of Dominican and Nicaraguan...perhaps with a cameroon wrapper to boot. I think I just created a La Flor Dominicana Cameroon Cabinet. #1 :)
    I only have a coulpe left.. It may be time to scour the planet for a few more and start the aging process... I added the full brand name to your post.
    Odd you should mention that, because I've been curious about the two other sizes. I've heard the robusto is good but not as good, but nothing about the third size. Maybe I ought not wonder though, the #1 is so good I think it would be a pretty tall order for one of the other sizes to be better.

If you're looking for some more, I can certainly set you up with a five pack...my only condition being that you don't retaliate because I'm buried in gifts, bombs, passes, prizes you name it. Freakin ridiculous, I could almost open up shop.
    My mother taught me no good deed go un-noticed..I would have to send a small token of appreciation. thus I could never make such a promise. So you will have to smoke more, or buy a bigger humidor.
    haha, I didn't think it would work, but hey I gave it a shot. :)
    kaspera79:
    My mother taught me no good deed go un-noticed..I would have to send a small token of appreciation. thus I could never make such a promise. So you will have to smoke more, or buy a bigger humidor.
    You could go for some sort of accessory.
    urbino:
    kaspera79:
    You could go for some sort of accessory.
    .. Hmmmm, Urbi, by God your a genius !!