Home General Discussion

Worth it?

michaelharveymichaelharvey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 201
CFCF FFOX 22 just looking for some input from everyone...looking at getting it as a re-enlistment "bonus" .....Thoughts? any input would be nice.

Comments

• docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    More something you buy and hold onto than cigars you smoke, as when it comes down to it, most of the cigars are just the regular Opus X, some of them in funny sizes and shapes. For the price you can easily get two boxes of Opus X cigars (most of which contain significantly more cigars than the Opus22 box)
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    michaelharvey:
    CFCF FFOX 22 just looking for some input from everyone...looking at getting it as a re-enlistment "bonus" .....Thoughts? any input would be nice.
    Put it this way, if there was any way in HELL that I could... Yes, The Irish WOULD! It's an amazing display piece, plus I would smoke and love each and every d@mn cigar in there.... could you get a lot more of something else for the money? Ya, but personally I've always wanted to buy something that special just so I could, and also to enjoy that many awesome and rare sticks... plus they would all age over time as well and just get better... way cool and way worth it to me if I had the money, but others I'm sure will feel differently.
  • jr_p951jr_p951 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,121
    I guess it all depends on how you look at things. If over the top is how you want to spend that re-enlistment bonus, the CFCF FFOX22 is way over the top! Go big or go home really fits here! Thats a pretty penny to drop! Personally I would buy a box of smokes that I would really enjoy. And right now I'm liking the Tatuaje Havana VI that runs for $145 on a box of 24. I'd take my family out to a really nice dinner (cause they stick with me thru all the sh!t), then I'd take the last $500 or so and invest it in one of the portfolios. God knows I'll need it.

I'm not sure I'd smoke a cigar out of the chest if you're gonna set it out on display. Then you'll have a partial box out for display.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    if you are looking to buy them as an investment, dont do it. cigars are not an investment.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    It is definately something you buy and hold on too. You will eventually smoke them but you will want to let them rest for a long time. I personally want to buy a box every year but I haven't even bought on eyet plus I have no room for aging a box that size at the moment. Also, there are a lot of regular opus X in there but a lot of them are special shapes and there are some maduro opus which I found far superior. At least to me.
    ive never had an opusX maduro... i should change that.
  • james40james40 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,450
    Thanks for your service bro.
  • jasonusa1jasonusa1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 729
    james40:
    Thanks for your service bro.

+1
  • DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
    I was all piped up and stuck on getting some Opus X BBMF's I've smoked a couple and while they are great, they are no different than any other Opus....Get a box of Perfecxion #2 or something, Opus X's are great cigars but the sizes and shapes are just novelty...
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    kuzi16:
    Matt, I'm not that huge of a fan of regular opus (even though I have a *** load) but when I had the maduro I got a significant throb!
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    rwheelwright:
    kuzi16:
    Matt, I'm not that huge of a fan of regular opus (even though I have a *** load) but when I had the maduro I got a significant throb!
    I feel dirty having read this......
  • zeebrazeebra Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,166
    If you asked me one year ago, I would have said yes, but now, I would say No. Only because I think there is much more to get for that amount. I would agree with DD on this though.
  • bdmauk24bdmauk24 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 74
    tough call. definitely makes a great once-in-a-lifetime type purchase. Are there better uses of your money? sure. Maybe call ccom direct and try to get a little discount, that may help justify it (hey, I saved 50 bucks on it).
  • JudoChinXJudoChinX Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 775
    kuzi16:
    if you are looking to buy them as an investment, dont do it. cigars are not an investment.
    Don't tell my wife that. Our retirement is in cigars!
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    JudoChinX:
    kuzi16:
    YOUR retirement may be in cigars, I get the feeling the Mrs. has a more solid investment plan in mind.
  • JudoChinXJudoChinX Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 775
    kaspera79:
    JudoChinX:
    kuzi16:
    YOUR retirement may be in cigars, I get the feeling the Mrs. has a more solid investment plan in mind.
    Oh crap. I may have missed the writing on the wall on this one. That might explain why she's been missing for a few days now... she'd better not take half of my smokes in the settlement though.
  • KCWKCW Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,253
    At the risk of sounding stupid, what are we talking about here? Some sort of special Opus Assortment?

KCW:
    Some sort of special Opus Assortment?

Nail. Head.

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    rwheelwright:
    kuzi16:
    so what would I have to do to get some of those opus's from you? pm me if you want to work something out.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    michaelharvey:
    Seems as though they put less special cigars in there than years past. I don't think it's worth it but it's cool none the less. I'd look around for some singles of those special cigars and buy a box, there can be good box deals on opus's if you look.