Home General Discussion

Candelas in the Morning...mmmmm good!

rdviking32rdviking32 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1

Let's start off by saying that I am a Maduro person to the core, not a big fan of the mild smokes. But, I absolutley fell in love with the Candelas. They are perfect on a weekend morning after a nice breakfast with a momosa or even a cup of coffee. They strike a nice mellow flavor and aroma, just like the morning itself. *Now the problem is that there really are not that many choices out there, I've had the Indios, Iguanas, and a few other off brands. They all are good in different ways. I just saw an email from Thomp**** Cigars out of Florida and they listed a CAO Candela...Whooa!! AAhh, but I have to buy a sampler pack...Don't think so!!  Has anyone else seen these smokes and know where they can be bought individually? I don't want to buy 20 or more and be stuck with stuff I don't like (been there), this is one of the reasons that I like Cigar.com,you can try "just a stick". But they don't list the CAO Candela...YET??   CAO puts out some great smokes, so this has got my attention!!

Throwing out a bone....

rdviking32

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    Camacho makes a good candela.
    Don Tomas has a candela that i hear is good
    Fuente 8-5-8 candela was very good.

sometiems a mild smoke just does the trick
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    I have actually been meaning to ask for reccomendations on candelas, but my first big initial order just got to my wife. That will keep me busy for a while, and then I kinda already have my next order planned out, subject to change based on what I really dig out of the order I have waiting on me now, lol. I could always go to the local B&M when I get back and pick up a candela thoug......
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,214
    viking, you can give ccom a phone call... they often have some things available that aren't on the website. And of course, if they get enough requests, they do listen to what people are looking for. And of course several of the ccom folks do monitor and post on the board.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Damn you guys...I've been wanting to try out a candela cigar but have been holding out telling myself they're probably not good enough to warrant a try. Now I'm gonna have to try one.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    j0z3r:
    Damn you guys...I've been wanting to try out a candela cigar but have been holding out telling myself they're probably not good enough to warrant a try. Now I'm gonna have to try one.
    lol, yeah don't that just suck... =)
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    I'll proably give the fuente a shot
  • jlzimmermanjlzimmerman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 282
    Candelas are one smoke I haven't tried yet, but I've been staring at some Iguanas for a while now. Thanks for the recommendation.
  • urbinourbino Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,517
    jlzimmerman:
    I've been staring at some Iguanas for a while now.
    Maybe it's time to lay off the herbal cigarettes. Not that I'm judging. Just sayin'.
  • madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    urbino:
    jlzimmerman:
    I've been staring at some Iguanas for a while now.
    Maybe it's time to lay off the herbal cigarettes. Not that I'm judging. Just sayin'.
    LOL. I just don't think I could smoke anything called an iguana.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    I had one of the Fuente Candelas a while back and I was amazed! I'm not a huge fan of mild smokes, but it had a LOT of flavor. I had it sitting in my humi for over a year just because I couldn't bring myself to light it up. Looked like something my dog would leave in the yard after eating too much grass! haha
  • nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 720
    I looked up these mysterious "candelas" you fellas speak of and lo and behold.. they're green... and I'm color blind... I would have never known the difference. I'm gonna need to take a friend to show me these "candelas" hide
  • madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    I need to try a candela.
    I have a hole in the wall B&M I visit that I think may have a Fuente Candela, and this is what I mean: 3 Fuente 8 5 8's mixed in another box of regular looking 8 5 8's. The lady says she tossed in when she was trying to make more room in cabinet humi and noticed they looked different but did not know why. The box, gone. They have a green tint but don't look exactly green. For those of you with experience with them, are they green enough you can definitly tell or is it just a green tint like these have? Very reasonably priced but I can't tell from looking at online pictures if their Candela's or not .
  • urbinourbino Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,517
    Oh, yeah. They're green. Sort of a pale, leaf green, but very decidedly green.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    yup. thats a good color description.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    For those of you out there who haven't tried a Candela I would say go for it. I finally took the plunge and and damn glad I did! I have to find me a few of the Camacho ones Kuzi aws takling about.