Home General Discussion

Over 100 years old cigars found..

zeebrazeebra Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,166
Very cool. Soo many questions one could have on these!!

100 Year Old Cigars Found In London

Comments

• Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    Wow, interesting video. I wish they still sold cabs like that now.
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    Yeah, there was a thread about this a few months ago (here)

Really amazing stuff. Met Ajay Patel, the guy who runs the La Casa del Habano in London, while at Big Smoke, and the dude has some similarly ancient cigars in his personal (and retail) collections. During his seminar presentation he even gave out a 1960's Montecristo No. 2 to one attendee to smoke (needless to say, 1960s is nothing like that Upmann humidor, but still awesome). He also mentioned that members of the club based at his store occasionally take part in group tastings when he opens boxes of really old vintage cigars, which is freaking amazing, and jealousy inducing. I am not sure that those Upmanns necessarily have much left to offer in terms of flavor, and oils, but Havanas are famous for their aging potential, for 5, 10, 20, 50 years past the day they were produced, so who knows? One of the other big British houses is having a massive vintage cigar auction at the end of the month (an annual thing they do), and the lots include some really incredible vintage stuff (lots of beautiful boxes from the 60s and 70s, as well as a few things much older, as well as the usual Cuban Davidoffs and Dunhills, special edition and one off humidors... just stunning stuff that any collector would envy) (Can't post a link, because their website also sells regular CCs, not just vintage auctions stuff, PM if interested)
  • Alex SvensonAlex Svenson BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users Posts: 1,204
    I smoked some stuff from 1910 but that old I find to be underwhelming. Next year we are opening up some of our super rare stuff for same. Partagas and hoyo cubans from 1940 to 1950. Some other very rare goodies. Will keep you guys posted.
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    Alex Svenson:
    I smoked some stuff from 1910 but that old I find to be underwhelming. Next year we are opening up some of our super rare stuff for same. Partagas and hoyo cubans from 1940 to 1950. Some other very rare goodies. Will keep you guys posted.

Looking forward to that !
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    Alex Svenson:
    Thanks a ton Alex, I'll keep my ear to the ground and be on the look-out for said info ;) Thanks once again as always!
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    Alex Svenson:
    Whhaaatttt?????
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,064
    there is a stick from 1910 for sale on ebay..well it was around that year anyway
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    Alex Svenson:
    I hate to say this but if you do, then I will have to halt all ccom purchases until them. Not sure if this makes me happy or sad!
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    When I have kids, if it's a son it'd be cool to buy 180 of a certain good cigar and then smoke one every year on his birthday, and then when he turns 18 have him smoke it with me.

Then he and I can smoke one every year and he'll have enough to smoke up until he's 100!
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    Lasabar:
    When I have kids, if it's a son it'd be cool to buy 180 of a certain good cigar and then smoke one every year on his birthday, and then when he turns 18 have him smoke it with me.

Then he and I can smoke one every year and he'll have enough to smoke up until he's 100!
    Huh? Why 180? That's 81 years of cigars for the two of you to share, plus the 18 you have smoked before he can smoke with you. Dat sum crazy maths.
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    docbp87:
    Lasabar:

Huh? Why 180? That's 81 years of cigars for the two of you to share, plus the 18 you have smoked before he can smoke with you. Dat sum crazy maths.
    I figured that he'd live past 81 and I'd die before 81 years and will the rest to him... If they don't last long enough, then I will put it in my will for a sniper to shoot him as he smokes the last one...
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Lasabar:
    docbp87:
    Lasabar:

I figured that he'd live past 81 and I'd die before 81 years and will the rest to him... If they don't last long enough, then I will put it in my will for a sniper to shoot him as he smokes the last one...
    Now that's the love of a father.