Home General Discussion

Hi BOTLs

bdmauk24bdmauk24 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 74
Noob here. Name's Brian. Been browsing the forum a few days. Looks like a great place. Learning alot already.

Comments

• gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    Welcome aboard Brian , this is a great bunch of guys . Always ready to help with anything from questions to cigars . Be very careful what you say on here or you could find yourself on the receiving end of their unbelieveable generosity !!!
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    Hello and Welcome...
  • ellinasellinas Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 329
    hey, welcome to the forums
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    Welcome my friend and hope you shot your time! Ask questions and have fun!
  • james40james40 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,450
    Mucho Gusto Brian. Go buy a cooler and some beads. Have fun.
  • Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,971
    Welcome Brian! The forum, cigars, bombing, trading, and fellowship is addictive here...get ready for a great lifestyle change! Let me know if you want me to put a little "Noob welcome kit together" for you!
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    Welcome to the board dude.
  • laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    bdmauk24:
    Noob here. Name's Brian. Been browsing the forum a few days. Looks like a great place. Learning alot already.
    Welcome.

Sure it's a GREAT place... if you want to become poor real quick, and have complete strangers sending ticking boxes to your mailbox!

YUP! GREAT place lol.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    Welcome aboard brother.
  • jr_p951jr_p951 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,121
    Welcome to the Asylum!
  • CvilleECvilleE Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,177
  • JHeweyJHewey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,411
    Welcome to the forum. It is a great place. You should PM me your address. I will keep it safe for you.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Hey Brian.. Welcome. So what are some of your favorite cigars so far ? JHewey is on the welcoming committee. He means you no harm.
    kaspera79:
    Hey Brian.. Welcome. So what are some of your favorite cigars so far ? JHewey is on the welcoming committee. He means you no harm.
    I tried baiting him with a PM, he isn't biting yet...the more you resist, the more it will hurt...
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    kaspera79:
    I tried baiting him with a PM, he isn't biting yet...the more you resist, the more it will hurt...
    Oh Yeah, And as for Shaun, Don't talk to him until you're sure you've paid your homeowners insurance. ( I'm just saying )
  • JHeweyJHewey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,411
    kaspera79:
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    kaspera79:
    Oh Yeah, And as for Shaun, Don't talk to him until you're sure you've paid your homeowners insurance. ( I'm just saying )
    +1
  • skweekzskweekz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,218
  • BigT06BigT06 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,899
    Welcome to the forum. Glad we can be of some help. Enjoy your time here!
  • bdmauk24bdmauk24 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 74
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    kaspera79:
    Shaun, I pm'd you.
    james40:
    James, found an old cooler, cleaned it up, bought a hygrometer and some gel, and boom, I'm all set. Awesome. Found all the info I needed right on the forum. Thanks guys:-)
    JHewey:
    Welcome to the forum. It is a great place. You should PM me your address. I will keep it safe for you.
    Pm sent. Thx.
    bdmauk24:
    james40:
    James, found an old cooler, cleaned it up, bought a hygrometer and some gel, and boom, I'm all set. Awesome. Found all the info I needed right on the forum. Thanks guys:-)
    Great job brother, and sounds fun! Line the cooler with newspaper for a day or two, that will absorb any lingering smells in there that would have "infused" your cigars... helps a bunch if its a previously used cooler ;) Congrats on getting the insanity!
  • greg2648greg2648 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,422
    Welcome aboard, Brian.
  • james40james40 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,450
    bdmauk24:
    james40:
    Right on bro. You saved yourself some headaches right off the bat. Now to the fun job of filling it up.
    90+ Irishman:
    [Great job brother, and sounds fun! Line the cooler with newspaper for a day or two, that will absorb any lingering smells in there that would have "infused" your cigars... helps a bunch if its a previously used cooler ;) Congrats on getting the insanity!
    I put some baking soda in it for about 24 hrs. It did the trick. Didn't have much of a smell to get rid of. Only used it for ice and ... beverages ... Humidity now at 75. In go the smokes.
    bdmauk24:
    90+ Irishman:
    [Great job brother, and sounds fun! Line the cooler with newspaper for a day or two, that will absorb any lingering smells in there that would have "infused" your cigars... helps a bunch if its a previously used cooler ;) Congrats on getting the insanity!
    I put some baking soda in it for about 24 hrs. It did the trick. Didn't have much of a smell to get rid of. Only used it for ice and ... beverages ... Humidity now at 75. In go the smokes.
    Sounds great brother, and sounds like you truly did your homework! This is just opinion, not trying to tell you what to do with your sticks, but I would keep the rH lower than 75%... 65-68% seems to be the sweet spot for darned near everybody (myself included) regardless of climate.. and I think this is more important still with coolidors only because they can't breath, so higher rH will lead to an even quicker mold problem along with possibly some beetles. Also, depending on what you have in there, maddies, sungrowns, and any dark wrapper stick seem to smoke better, burn better, and have far less tar buildup and bitterness if you keep them at lower rH. Just giving you info, not trying to steer you anywhere. Good luck and if you PM me your addy, I'll send you a few maddies that have been kept at 65% for a while so you can try em and see what you think ;)
  • jasonusa1jasonusa1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 729
    Welcome Brian. I'm new myself but was made to feel at home immediately. You made the right choice.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    Welcome to the forum!
    Brian, your package will go out Thursday or Friday...depending on when my cigar order comes in. ENJOY!
  • laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    Welcome Brian. Enjoy the ride...