Home Non Cigar Related

What else do you collect(besides cigars)?

Comments

• HeavyHeavy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,590
    camgfs:
    I started an 'X-Wife' collection...whew...am I glad I dropped that collection!!

LOL, so did that collection come with a matching set of 'alimony payments'?
  • Andrew DzikoskiAndrew Dzikoski BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users, Trusted Users Posts: 338
    Discs as in Disc golf discs. My best friend got me in to the sport in June and I'm in love with it.
  • beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    Andrew Dzikoski:
    Discs as in Disc golf discs. My best friend got me in to the sport in June and I'm in love with it.
    They let you out of the office, Andrew? You can probably do that sport with a big ole stogie.
  • MTuccelliMTuccelli Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,587
    Ex Wives, Weight and anything that grabs my eye

• ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    Andrew Dzikoski:
    I love me some disc golf!
  • DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
    music, movies, phone numbers...
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    Diamondog:
    phone numbers...
    lmao well played brother, well played
  • Andrew DzikoskiAndrew Dzikoski BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users, Trusted Users Posts: 338
    beatnic:
    Andrew Dzikoski:
    They let you out of the office, Andrew? You can probably do that sport with a big ole stogie.
    They do but only rarely I actually sleep on a cot under my desk Monday thru Friday.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
    ENFIDL:
    Diamondog:
    phone numbers...
    lmao well played brother, well played
    Don't tell my wife ;)
  • james40james40 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,450
    I get to travel with work and with personal trips, I usually pick up a fridge magnet. Just a cool reminder of places we've been.
  • HippiebrianHippiebrian Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 146
    Am I the only coin collector here?
  • CvilleECvilleE Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,177
    Hippiebrian:
    Nope....I have a few, but don't know enough about what I'm doing with em. It is mostly coins, bills and whatnot my father pass on to me....
  • howtobasshowtobass Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 589
    zoom6zoom:
    Lately, medical bills.

Oh, and shootin' irons. But I think most of ya already know that. Here's just a small section of my collection:
    AK family
    Nice one zoom! I have the same passion.... The day I got back I just picked up the MKA 1919. I can't wait for the KSG from KELTEC to come out.... hopefully before christmas. Too bad we aren't closer. We could have a one hell of a HERF! lol.
  • TeegeTeege Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 660
    Gadgets or anything electronic.
  • scarlinscarlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,592
    I collect sports memorabilia such as game used stuff or autographs only in the forms of getting it myself, gift from family or friends, or an auction I have gone to. All my memorabilia has some memory behind it. I have a ton of Pittsburgh stuff, especially hockey and football. I have some baseball stuff and NO basketball stuff now that I realize it.
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,454
    At the moment, just good booze. Anytime I travel, I grab something from a local liquor store that I can't find back home. 20 something bottles of wine, 7 cases of beer and around 60 something bottles of various "spirits" later, it's beginning to look like a collection.
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,214
    howtobass:
    zoom6zoom:
    Lately, medical bills.

Oh, and shootin' irons. But I think most of ya already know that. Here's just a small section of my collection:
    AK family
    Nice one zoom! I have the same passion.... The day I got back I just picked up the MKA 1919. I can't wait for the KSG from KELTEC to come out.... hopefully before christmas. Too bad we aren't closer. We could have a one hell of a HERF! lol.
    Heck yeah. More than stogies would be getting smoked. That's actually not my entire AK portion of my collection, I just couldn't fit them all in the picture. Only the PSL and the Saiga-12 in that picture are purchased; the rest were built from parts kits.

I'd hoping to get one of the KSG's myself. I thought the 1919 shotgun was a poorly chosen model number, as to most of us a 1919 is and always will be one of these (yes, I built this one too (semi auto)):
    Photobucket
  • howtobasshowtobass Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 589
    Now that's just bad ars! I was thinking about doing a kit build. I have 1 ak and an amd. Both fun as hell to shoot. I wanted a saiga, but not stock. However, i'm not gun savy enough to mod it like I would want to, so i've been keeping my eye on either a red jacket mod or tromix. I also just purchased a "slide fire" butstock for my AR. Look up some youtube videos of it. It's the best way to bump fire i've seen, and looks like it's going to be fun as hell. I'll be shooting my new toys shortly. I'll be sure to post some videos. Take care!
  • jihiggsjihiggs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 468
    I collect dvds, got about 500 movies now, and maybe 10 tv series. I had a nice collection of old computer hardware, but I got tired of lugging it around when moving but I got rid of it. I still have a few of my first computers, but not what I used to have.
  • DirewolfDirewolf Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,493
    I collect old video game systems and craft beers for aging.. Just wish the beers didn't result in me needing to collect larger sized tshirts.
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,214
    howtobass:
    Now that's just bad ars! I was thinking about doing a kit build. I have 1 ak and an amd. Both fun as hell to shoot. I wanted a saiga, but not stock. However, i'm not gun savy enough to mod it like I would want to, so i've been keeping my eye on either a red jacket mod or tromix. I also just purchased a "slide fire" butstock for my AR. Look up some youtube videos of it. It's the best way to bump fire i've seen, and looks like it's going to be fun as hell. I'll be shooting my new toys shortly. I'll be sure to post some videos. Take care!
    I haven't done a Saiga mod myself, but reading the instructions it doesn't sound too hard. check www.theakforum.net and you'll find good information and perhaps a fellow builder in your area who can help you. Oh, and a good place to track down a kit, I've sold a few there and still need to post some extras I need to thin out.

I'm skeptical of the stocks, it's easy to bump once someone shows you how, no gizmos needed. I swear my buddy who taught me could probably have bump fired a bolt action... Bumping an RPK with a 75 round drum is a hoot.
  • RCY CigarsRCY Cigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,346
    Hippiebrian:

No Sir, if you call collecting each state quarter. Then I'm a collector of them with my son.

• james40james40 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,450
    RCY Cigars:
    Hippiebrian:

No Sir, if you call collecting each state quarter. Then I'm a collector of them with my son.

we did that with our daughter. Got one of those fold out maps for each state.
  • spokspok Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 35
    Records....LP's aka old vinyl. I love the rich warm sound of music delivered via the old analog signal played through a 2 channel stereo. I've almost 1500 records.
  • RCY CigarsRCY Cigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,346
    james40:
    RCY Cigars:
    Hippiebrian:

we did that with our daughter. Got one of those fold out maps for each state.

I thought I was the only one, lol. Pretty cool, helps in teaching my son how to count and save money. Pretty cool to do.
  • RampMonkeyRampMonkey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,808
    Used to have a good collection of shot glasses...but they are now some where in the attic or one of the many closets....
  • taythegibstaythegibs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,024
    I collect Shot glasses (like several others here) and have a couple hundered, Disney pins (something i picked up while working there, also where i got into cigars) and i have a "collection" of about 100 movies.
  • GreenMachineGreenMachine Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 483
    I am somewhat of a Star Wars memorabilia junky. I need just an extra room to hold all my crap!!!!!
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,750
    I think about the only thing I collect right now is logo golf balls from the different courses that I play. Hopefully I will start collecting FCC and FAA licenses soon! We also like to yard selling saturday mornings before college gameday starts and pick up anything of value that we might find useful. Last week I picked up a set of JBL Stage speakers for $100. They sound awesome, are practically new, and retail for about $200-250 each. And this week I picked up a full set of 3-PW used Mizuno MR-33 golf irons with brand new tour wrap grips for only $15. Used on ebay they start at $200 for this set.
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,064
    just boxed up a bunch of glasses (rock, pint etc) that I am going to sell :( still have a good collection though.