Home General Discussion

RP 50th Anniv

KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
I know some of you Rocky haters will love this, but I stopped by a local B&M yesterday and saw that they have these in. Thought about grabbing one till I saw the $20+ price tag, $400/box. I like a RP cigars, but I am not paying $20 for a RP cigar. Screw that.

Comments

• The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    LOL,, Yeah maybe 15,,lol Hey Krieg have you gave the RP 15th Anniv a shot?
  • MarkerMarker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,524
    The Kid:
    I have a 15th anny at home and I am too scared to smoke it.
  • jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
    50th Anniversary must pertain to the age of the company he bought... I don't think ol' Rakesh himself is 50 years old yet, is he?
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    The Kid:
    yes, it was pretty good. Reminded how good the Decade was in it first came out.
    K just checkin ;o)..I thought it was pretty good too
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,707
    Maybe next year they'll come out with the 100th Anniversary. RP's anniversary numbers all seem rather arbitrary.
  • StrongStyleStrongStyle Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 221
    its not Anniversary its just 50th for good ole rock turning 50. will pick one up in a couple weeks when i have a better paystub.
    StrongStyle:
    its not Anniversary its just 50th for good ole rock turning 50. will pick one up in a couple weeks when i have a better paystub.
    I hear ya Strongstyle being unemployed I had to put up some of my Star Wars collection on Ebay to fund my cigars.. Bye chewie ... Bye Hando... Bye Tie Fighter.....sighhhhhhhhhh
  • StrongStyleStrongStyle Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 221
    The Kid:
    StrongStyle:
    I hear ya Strongstyle being unemployed I had to put up some of my Star Wars collection on Ebay to fund my cigars.. Bye chewie ... Bye Hando... Bye Tie Fighter.....sighhhhhhhhhh
    dont worry man, if it makes you feel better my mom threw out my Ewok village when i was a kid. Wish i had it now.
    StrongStyle:
    The Kid:
    StrongStyle:
    dont worry man, if it makes you feel better my mom threw out my Ewok village when i was a kid. Wish i had it now.
    Kinda off topic, but My mom threw out all my 1st gen transformers, u know the ones actually made out of metal. Now they are worth hundreds. Thank god i got my baseball cards out.
    Krieg:
    StrongStyle:
    The Kid:
    StrongStyle:
    Kinda off topic, but My mom threw out all my 1st gen transformers, u know the ones actually made out of metal. Now they are worth hundreds. Thank god i got my baseball cards out.
    I live off topic..lol
  • jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
    StrongStyle:

I guess you're right. He was 47 in 2008 when he did an interview with Cigar Aficionado magazine so that'd make him 50. I didn't think he was that old.
  • HaybletHayblet Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,400
    only complaint about the RP 50th is price, but again Armada is 20$ a pop too.
    Hayblet:
    alot of great sticks at that price point
  • jj20030jj20030 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,448
    ifin you wanna play, you gotta pay,lol
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Hayblet:
    Give it some time and it will be found at a better price. I will wait and give it a try for certain.
    Hayblet:
    true, but then again, it's hard to comprehend a $20 RP cigar....Padron on the other hand..not so much.