Home General Discussion

how many gurhka cigars are there?

asianbiker8asianbiker8 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 551
holy jeebus! there are so many!

Comments

• AJGARLETTAJGARLETT Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 648
    lots of Fuente's too..... . . ...
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    if i am not mistaken there are about 95 indifidual blends in the "Gurkha" line up distributed as "Gurkha"

Fuente has under 25 blends that are distributed with the "Arturo Fuente" brand.

once you add in off brands they both have more but the numbers are closer.
    Fuente does produce a ton of cigars and brands. But they only put their name on a select few.
    I feel that Gurkha is not quite as discriminating.
  • asianbiker8asianbiker8 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 551
    damn, thats a lot. i've only had like maybe 5 or so. the ones i had were alright, not my favs
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    asianbiker8:
    damn, thats a lot. i've only had like maybe 5 or so. the ones i had were alright, not my favs
    Being a FOG,,(Fan Of Gukha) not to be confused with FOG (F'n old guy) see Krieg....lol
    anyway being a fan Id like to hear which ones you AsianBiker have tried if you can remember,,Yes Im collecting intel....
    i've had the park avenue, the reserve toro, i think the crest? its been a while since i've had any, mostly from my friends collections. i wouldnt mind trying the brand again, theres just too many to choose from. 95 freakin blends!
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    Damn I was gonna guess 942,547. I was so close...
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,539
    asianbiker8:
    i've had the park avenue, the reserve toro, i think the crest? its been a while since i've had any, mostly from my friends collections. i wouldnt mind trying the brand again, theres just too many to choose from. 95 freakin blends!
    Agreed, they also create internet only specific lines for different companies, I think that some of the Gurkha's have promise flavor wise, but I always seem to get construction and burn issues. I use to be a complete fan, but I have been changing my focus lately.
    My favorites though are Empire IV & VI and Blue Steel, Evil, Regent, Titan, Centurian, Beast, Park Ave Maduro.
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    Ken Light:
    Damn I was gonna guess 942,547. I was so close...
    lmao,,Yea I was in a B&M the other day and the employee directed me to some new Gurkha,,I cant even remember what it was cause I was on a AB mission.. Anyway I did get a chance to see the spec ops gurkha case and knife,, What a piece of crap the knife was..Yeah I dont buy too many gurkhas these days either as there are soooooooooooo many other smokes to keep up with..a few of my Favs are the Legends, Empire series 1 and IV, Black Dragon's, Park Ave, Beast, Regent, and a couple micro batch,, I havent experienced too many construction issues cept for the centurians,,seems me and that stick are destined to not like each other
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    I've had some Gurkhas that were awesome and some that were not. I actually think with the new lines coming out they are over 100 now but I could be wrong. And to be honest, sometimes I like a blend with one stick and then have another and don't like it. Not sure if that is just me or consistency. I could also be that I age them for a good amount of time and maybe I did something wrong. Who knows... What I do know is that I have a S H I T load of them and a lot of them have 3+ years on them.
  • ThewelderThewelder Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 679
    Yeah yeah yeah. Well Rocky Patel has more so they are waaaaaaaaaaaayyy better than Gurkha. Just another reason why Patel is better. (br) Btw I have no clue.
    thats cool 3+ years aging. the longest i have is 3 months, lol. i just restarted smoking.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    beast/beauty/titan are some of the best
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    AJGARLETT:
    Eh. I count 7 lines, and they have been around for 100 years, actually make their own cigars, don't sell their name to be put on any piece of crap they get offered... etc. Careful what you compare Fuente to, son!
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    docbp87:
    AJGARLETT:
    Eh. I count 7 lines, and they have been around for 100 years, actually make their own cigars, don't sell their name to be put on any piece of crap they get offered... etc. Careful what you compare Fuente to, son!
    someone lit his fuse. stand back or prepare to be pimp slapped. Smile [:)]

There are some really great Gurkha cigars out there. Beast, Legend, Beauty, and Park Ave. are all really solid sticks IMO but more than anything, Gurkha is about marketing and presentation. To me, they seem like more a fashion cigar for the casual smoker and person who likes to brag than an Aficionado cigar for the purists out there. There is no Gurkha made that can top an Anejo, Opus, or VSG for me and my palate.
    docbp87:
    AJGARLETT:
    Curly head, reserva shade grown, reserva sungrown, reserva maduro, Hemingway, Hemingway maduro, Hemingway BTL, Opus X, OpusX Maduro, OpusX lost city, Casa Fuente, Forbidden X, Don Carlos, Don Carlos Ltd, GoF Caralito, GoF Don Carlos...

thats just off the top of my head. i know there are more out there. thats a bit more than seven.
    kuzi16:
    docbp87:
    AJGARLETT:
    Curly head, reserva shade grown, reserva sungrown, reserva maduro, Hemingway, Hemingway maduro, Hemingway BTL, Opus X, OpusX Maduro, OpusX lost city, Casa Fuente, Forbidden X, Don Carlos, Don Carlos Ltd, GoF Caralito, GoF Don Carlos...

thats just off the top of my head. i know there are more out there. thats a bit more than seven.
    Don't forget Montesino, Angelenos, some Ashton, etc... Even though they do not have Fuente's name they are made my Fuente. Oh, and there is the "It's a Boy, It's a Girl" cigars to

I would consider the Gran Reserva Maduro, natural, Sungrown, Candella all one line because they have the same name. Same with Opus X and Opus X Maduro, Hemingway, etc... That's just me though.
    but they arent the same blend. many of the gurkha cigars are the same blend but different wrapper. the regent and the gurkha nepalese warrior are the same cigar just the gurkha nepalese warrior has a cameroon wrapper not the Havanna 2000 wrapper. does that make it a different blend? yes. the only difference is that gurkha put a different name on it where as fuente does not.
    kuzi16:
    but they arent the same blend. many of the gurkha cigars are the same blend but different wrapper. the regent and the gurkha nepalese warrior are the same cigar just the gurkha nepalese warrior has a cameroon wrapper not the Havanna 2000 wrapper. does that make it a different blend? yes. the only difference is that gurkha put a different name on it where as fuente does not.
    good point!
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    kuzi16:
    docbp87:
    AJGARLETT:

Ah, well, some of those are limited editions, and then, for instance, all of the Gran Reserva variations are the same line, just variances on the same line... I guess the way I see it, I was thinking Gran Reserva, Chateau, Opus X, Hemingway, Don Carlos, Anejo, Rosado Gran Reserva. God of Fire, for instance, are not Arturo Fuente cigars, but rather Prometheus cigars, like Angelenos, that Fuente makes. And before someone compares the numerous Fuente limited editions and small productions to the "limited" stuff Gurkha makes... Fuente actually makes limited stuff to a certain number, then stops. They don't magically have an unlimited supply of "super rare, super aged, one of a kind tobacco for a super limited 1,000, I mean 1,000,000 box run"
    docbp87:
    kuzi16:
    docbp87:
    AJGARLETT:

Ah, well, some of those are limited editions, and then, for instance, all of the Gran Reserva variations are the same line, just variances on the same line... I guess the way I see it, I was thinking Gran Reserva, Chateau, Opus X, Hemingway, Don Carlos, Anejo, Rosado Gran Reserva. God of Fire, for instance, are not Arturo Fuente cigars, but rather Prometheus cigars, like Angelenos, that Fuente makes. And before someone compares the numerous Fuente limited editions and small productions to the "limited" stuff Gurkha makes... Fuente actually makes limited stuff to a certain number, then stops. They don't magically have an unlimited supply of "super rare, super aged, one of a kind tobacco for a super limited 1,000, I mean 1,000,000 box run"
    you are right. the point is that even if you counted it the way i was counting Fuente has 1/4 the number of blends that Gurkha does.