Home General Discussion

Cigar.com vs cigar international???

jkallen83jkallen83 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 142
Question, are these two the same place ? Was looking at tracking information and the contents of the box and everything seems to be the same. If not the same place, gotta be locates very close together. Anyone know?

Comments

• JSaintJSaint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,848
    jkallen83:
    Question, are these two the same place ? Was looking at tracking information and the contents of the box and everything seems to be the same. If not the same place, gotta be locates very close together. Anyone know?
    Same distribution.
  • jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
    JSaint:
    jkallen83:
    Same distribution.

Yeah, they both use the same "fulfillment distribution center" (read: warehouse) but different companies.
  • 00pork00pork Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1
    That is not exactly true..... With a little research it can be found that CI, CCOM, SPRINSALE, & other domain names are all owned by the exact same entity (all free and public information). Even the toll free numbers for all sites are registered to the same place and all of these web sites are hosted in the same IP block. They may have different people working for each side but they are absolutely the same company, the proof is out there. Think about it.... Would Wal-Mart and target "share" a warehouse? Would gmc.com & ford.com be owned by the same person...... It is great marketing strategy and I have worked for several places that do the same thing. You create multiple "companies" that cater to slightly different audiences and "compete" against each other but at the end of the day no matter where the customer chooses to shop the single "owner" gets his money.
  • VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
    Here we go again......lol.

Not to sound like a d!ck, but can we just try and seach on the little "search" area on top about this. This question and debate is brought up around here almost as often as cigars themselves are talked about.
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    I think they started as two entirely independent companies (If I'm not mistaken, Alex started CCom in Chicago, not PA), but eventually they came to share an office, a warehouse, stock, and are now even owned by the same parent company. Most of the trademarks and what not are owned by CI. I'm not sure of the extent to which they are "the same company" (which they certainly are to some degree in some way) but ultimately, the sales staff is separate, and while I've never had a bad experience with sister site, I have had outstanding service from CCom reps. In the end it is business, and frankly, I guess it doesn't really matter...
  • gaberoxgaberox Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 824
    Vulchor:

Not to sound like a d!ck, but can we just try and seach on the little "search" area on top about this. This question and debate is brought up around here almost as often as cigars themselves are talked about.
    Search Nazi !!
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    Vulchor:

Lol, yup!
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    It is close which one comes up more often... Cello on/off or C.Com/ C.Int.
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,647
    kaspera79:
    It is close which one comes up more often... Cello on/off or C.Com/ C.Int.
    hahaha, gel/beads
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    The difference is customer service. When I first got back into cigars it was CI that I was ordering from as I hadn't found CCOM yet. Once I found CCOM I'll never shop elsewhere unless it's a product that CCOM can't get me. CI did ok with their customer service in my experiences with them there was once that it was just ok but I personally have had nothing but good experiences. I order straight from The Beard and whenever I have an issue with my order he takes care of it.
  • xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    Pricing can be quite different between the two. Compare and enjoy the savings
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,539
    This is precisely why this forum should have sticky topics then all of the FAQs could be answered. This horse is beaten so badly it can't be recognized.
  • doromathdoromath Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 576
    The line is definitely fuzzy. CI started sending me their catalog and I noticed a photo of one of our reps in it ;). Good on em moonlighting as long as they still answer when I call in!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    Vulchor:

i have never agreed with you more about anything
  • BigT06BigT06 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,899
    kuzi16:
    Vulchor:

Lol
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    kuzi16:
    Vulchor:

eh, what's the search button... =p
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    I've gotten my fair share from CI but there's just something about CCOM that I prefer.
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    Search deez NUTS!

Cigar.com and CI are very close... Let's just say that CI has to notify you when it moves into the neighborhood because it's a registered sex offender... So, just Order from Cigar.com
  • JudoChinXJudoChinX Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 775
    ShotgunJohn:
    This is precisely why this forum should have sticky topics then all of the FAQs could be answered. This horse is beaten so badly it can't be recognized.
    Oh, that was a horse?! Gross... it's just a pile of goo now.
  • jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
    00pork:
    That is not exactly true..... With a little research it can be found that CI, CCOM, SPRINSALE, & other domain names are all owned by the exact same entity (all free and public information). Even the toll free numbers for all sites are registered to the same place and all of these web sites are hosted in the same IP block. They may have different people working for each side but they are absolutely the same company, the proof is out there. Think about it.... Would Wal-Mart and target "share" a warehouse? Would gmc.com & ford.com be owned by the same person...... It is great marketing strategy and I have worked for several places that do the same thing. You create multiple "companies" that cater to slightly different audiences and "compete" against each other but at the end of the day no matter where the customer chooses to shop the single "owner" gets his money.

Well, Okey Dokey, then.....
  • jkallen83jkallen83 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 142
    i got 5 rocky patel royal vintage from CI on their daily deal or something, they were really cheap anyway lol. packaged in same type box, same labels, BUT, didnt ship in ziplock back with humi-pack......the 2 orders from here ive got came in ziplock and humi-pack and could be smoked out of the box. the ones from CI, they felt dry. so i used the cigar cutter and halfed one of them and tried to smoke the half.. .it tasted dry and kinda put a burn on the tongue. so i got these in the humidor trying to rehydrate i guess. just off that experience i like cigar.com best....
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    jkallen83:
    i got 5 rocky patel royal vintage from CI on their daily deal or something, they were really cheap anyway lol. packaged in same type box, same labels, BUT, didnt ship in ziplock back with humi-pack......the 2 orders from here ive got came in ziplock and humi-pack and could be smoked out of the box. the ones from CI, they felt dry. so i used the cigar cutter and halfed one of them and tried to smoke the half.. .it tasted dry and kinda put a burn on the tongue. so i got these in the humidor trying to rehydrate i guess. just off that experience i like cigar.com best....
    I guess I understand your point, but I have a feeling that the problem had more to do with the fact that you chopped a cigar in half that is blended to be smoked from one end to the other as a whole, single unit... Oh, and as for that dry, burning sensation, either you had the wrong end in your mouth, or that was just that Rocky Patel flavor additive.
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,214
    I'm a big proponent of being sure to use the search function, but in this case I'm willing to cut a bit of slack. Just how many hits do you think a search with CCOM or similar terms as one of the terms is going to generate?
  • ThewelderThewelder Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 679
    IMHO I prefer cellophane on my cigars. Though it's not as "sexy" to look at in the humi it does protect my stogies while.... oops this is the CI vs C.com convo They come up so often I get mixed up.