Home General Discussion

spitting...

howtobasshowtobass Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 589
When I use to smoke cigs, I would spit frequently. Since cigar smoking is a higher class I try not to spit, but many times find the taste a little over the top. Do others spit while smoking? I know if I was in a public setting or in a HERF, I wouldn't want to seem rude, so I would just make sure I had a drink available. Anyone else?

Comments

• KCWKCW Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,253
    howtobass:
    When I use to smoke cigs, I would spit frequently. Since cigar smoking is a higher class I try not to spit, but many times find the taste a little over the top. Do others spit while smoking? I know if I was in a public setting or in a HERF, I wouldn't want to seem rude, so I would just make sure I had a drink available. Anyone else?

Only if I get tobacco in my mouth.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    For some reason no... Well wait a minute, if I hold the cigar in my mouth for a long time.. Like when cutting the grass, I am forced to. But not usually.
  • JSaintJSaint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,848
    i do but its just force of habit for me. Used to dip so I always spit. But I have noticed if I am drinking a beer I wont. So I guess it just depends.
  • rossdavey2rossdavey2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 979
    When I started I would spit some. Then I just started having a dr Pep when I smoked so I could was it down. Now I never need to spit. Don't know if I am doing something diffrent now or just got used to it. My friend who started about 6 months ago spits when he smokes, so maybe its just something that gets better with time.
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    kaspera79:
    For some reason no... Well wait a minute, if I hold the cigar in my mouth for a long time.. Like when cutting the grass, I am forced to. But not usually.

+ 1
  • jr_p951jr_p951 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,121
    Yep! I do when I'm at home. Frequently too. But if I am out at a herf or sitting some where in public, I won't. Kinda depends where I am at. I do try to always have some water on hand though. That helps.
  • jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
    Years ago, while I was still smoking cigarettes as well as cigars, I used to clench a cigar between my teeth. This ends up with a soggy, chewed end that keeps getting worse as it keeps getting stuck in your mouth and chewed on some more. Uuggghhh!

Then after 14 years of smoking nothing, I now do my best to keep the head of my cigar dry and un-chewed. The old way was disgusting. But I can see how something like that might cause a person to spit a lot.
  • howtobasshowtobass Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 589
    Well thats good to know. At least i'm not the only rude one.. LOL.
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    KCW:
    howtobass:

Only if I get tobacco in my mouth.
    +1,
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    I do whenever I'm at home but when I'm anywhere else no I don't.
    Im very surprised no one has made a spits or swallows joke yet lol!
  • HeavyHeavy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,590
    I smoke the vast majority of my cigars at home, outside and by myself (yeah, yeah, I know, cry me a river). I never realized just how much I spit until the first time I smoked at a B&M and couldn't spit. It was kind of a big deal because I realized then that I spit pretty regularly when I smoke. Don't know why - just do.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    I was trying to be respectful and wait for lassie...lol
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    JSaint:
    ...well there you go. Done.
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    Not a spitter here... But also, I don't swallow as well, no homo
    kaspera79:
    JSaint:
    ...well there you go. Done.
    haha!
  • howtobasshowtobass Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 589
    Lasabar:
    Not a spitter here... But also, I don't swallow as well, no homo
    LOL!
  • JudoChinXJudoChinX Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 775
    I try not to. Having a beverage on hand helps.
  • xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    Sometimes when I'm lighting a cigar with a very strong taste or a very large gauge, saliva jsut accumulates in my mouth as I'm lighting it and I need to spit it out - disgusting, I know - but it's even more disgusting taste to swallow that.

When I first started cigars, I'd spit all the time, but now I either have a drink, or am enjoying the cigar so much that I don't need to spit; that said, I still spit if I hold the cigar in my mouth for awhile and saliva starts accumulating