Home General Discussion

Hey Yall, I'm New and In It Now!!!

jkallen83jkallen83 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 142

hey yall,
to start off, i dont smoke. never have, all my family smoked cigarettes my whole life and my wife smokes and i just never could.
while working out of state, walked into a store and they had a walk in glass room of cigars, i got a wild hair and bought me one. it was a torpedo Oliva Serie 0. i thought, yep, im getting sick but gonna try a "good" cigar, this thing was like $10. im used to gas stations that have them for $0.99, made one puff on them once before and they are nasty.
so i try this thing and REALLY enjoy it. it was sooo relaxing.
so i end up getting 2 more, one Oliva and one HUGE cigar just for kicks and it SUCKED.

so after the enjoyment, and my wife also liked the Oliva, i searched online about cigars, and started wanting to buy cigars online since there is no close by good cigar stores around. one cigar is about $15 including shipping from what i found here on average. then i found the cigarsprintsale.

ok now to the point, i bought one of these sample packs on cigarsprintsale of the "rocky vs gurkha" with 12 cigars. from reading those are not really that cheap and suppose to be pretty good. so awaiting for them.

then i thought, how am i gonna keep them? well, i found a 20 cigar humidor fairly cheap that i could afford and bought that and a cutter.

so now hopefully by the end of this week, i should have cigars, cutter, and humidor. i've already been looking into seasoning the humidor so i can try to properly take care of everything.

its just an enjoyment so far. dont PLAN on going any farther, 20 cigar humidor will probably never be full, but i do plant to hopefully keep it active.

so thats a little about me and my new enjoyment. cant wait to try different cigars.

Comments

• RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    Welcome brother galas to have you. First things first. Your new Humi will need to be seasoned before you put your cigars in there or it will suck the moisture out of them. This takes 1-2 weeks depending on the climate where you live.
    Until then keep them in a ziplock bag with a humi pillow your cigars should come with one.
    Second read thru cigars 101 to learn about caring for the sticks there's a ton of info there.
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,064
    Welcome aboard... and as a newb myself.... and what I have seen and read here I bet your humi will be full at some point.
    Kick back and enjoy
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    Glad to have you on board and glad you are enjoying the hobby brother, WELCOME!
  • jkallen83jkallen83 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 142
    Thanks yall,
    cant wait for the humidor to get here and the cigars. im not sure whats good or not, just what i read. i do know the difference of good vs bad in cigars already, just not sure what i like better whether mild or full or the size. just kinda winging it till i figure it out.
    for now, the sampler i got seems to all be good cigars, and maybe will give me an idea of what to look for since i cant read the names on half the cigars and its just a bunch of names that really mean nothing to me as of now.
    so far all i know is i like Oliva 0.....

i'll start posting after next week about what i got and maybe take pics and give my review of each one as a newbie and not knowing....but i do enjoy the flavors so far.
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    You say the 20 count will never be full huh? Let me read your palm for you... I see... several 50 count humidors... full... a coolerdor... at least half full... and a burgeoning obsession leading to a lot of packages on the doorstep that you have to hide from your wife so she never knows how much you are spending on cigars... all within the next... 8 months...

Welcome to the hobby. It's a slippery slope!
  • JHeweyJHewey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,411
    docbp87:
    You say the 20 count will never be full huh? Let me read your palm for you... I see... several 50 count humidors... full... a coolerdor... at least half full... and a burgeoning obsession leading to a lot of packages on the doorstep that you have to hide from your wife so she never knows how much you are spending on cigars... all within the next... 8 months...

Welcome to the hobby. It's a slippery slope!
    First off welcome and second i agree with this.. i said this just a few months ago. I only need a 50 ct i wont fill that and dont plan on smoking much, now i have the 50ct and 2 20cts full and just got gifted a humidor that will hold about 150. nothing in that one yet but soon enough.

One more thing. hide your address..lol
  • KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 908
    jkallen83:
    hey yall, its just an enjoyment so far. dont PLAN on going any farther, 20 cigar humidor will probably never be full, but i do plant to hopefully keep it active.
    Welcome!...a great bunch of folks here to be sure ...................and good luck with your "plan".............lol............let me show you where the gopher hole is.................

• StrongStyleStrongStyle Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 221
    I bought 50 ct humi thinking id be set for a year, ill be lucky yo make it to christmas.......thanksgiving....ok maybe.... halloween. and i only got the humi not even a month ago. one you have it you buy more. once you see how much a box saves you, you want one.
  • michaelharveymichaelharvey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 201
    Howdy I'm a noob too I only have a 20 count humi full of dog rockets.
  • michaelharveymichaelharvey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 201
    In all honesty welcome and enjoy
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,484
    michaelharvey:
    Howdy I'm a noob too I only have a 20 count humi full of dog rockets.
    lier ;)
    Welcome... pm me your address for safe keeping.
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,064
    firetruckguy:
    bahaha
  • JHeweyJHewey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,411
    firetruckguy:
    And it begins
    JHewey:
    firetruckguy:
    And it begins
    Im sure i have no idea what y'all are talking about. Trust me....