Home General Discussion

Recommendations for a NEWB

TapeWormZTapeWormZ Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 47
Hey guys... was planning on going by the local store to pic up some cigars... depressed looking at my new 75 count with only 10 cigars in there. Smoked a Gurkha (came with a mild sampler pack) last night with Zeebra. It was ok i just got it in, when i sparked it up the wrapper cracked at the tip was kind of disappointed by it, but Z said i should have let it sit in the humidor for a while before i smoked it. I have a couple Man O War Virtues in there..Does anyone have any recommendations on what i should get. Im not sure what my favs are. And so far i have only smoked mild cigars like the Virtue.. Your guidance will be greatly appreciated senseis....

Comments

• laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    TapeWormZ:
    Hey guys... was planning on going by the local store to pic up some cigars... depressed looking at my new 75 count with only 10 cigars in there. Smoked a Gurkha (came with a mild sampler pack) last night with Zeebra. It was ok i just got it in, when i sparked it up the wrapper cracked at the tip was kind of disappointed by it, but Z said i should have let it sit in the humidor for a while before i smoked it. I have a couple Man O War Virtues in there..Does anyone have any recommendations on what i should get. Im not sure what my favs are. And so far i have only smoked mild cigars like the Virtue.. Your guidance will be greatly appreciated senseis....
    I think I would advise you to contact Tim or Andy or one of the Reps at C.COM and tell them what you have tried before and what you liked or disliked about those sticks. Then based on that, they will be able to suggest some more sticks for you to try.

There are many mild to medium sticks for you to work your way through. WELCOME to the forums BTW, I missed your earlier posts.
  • jj20030jj20030 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,448
    maybe a cao gold, cao brazillia, perdomo 10th anny. champagne, sol cubano cuban cabinet , rocky patel 1990,1992 , rocky patel edge, edge lite , cusano 18, cusano 59 rare cammeroon
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    The oliva connies are wonderfull..I would also suggest telling the reps you would like to try some mild maduros Sample the Gran Habano line
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,707
    Are you looking for mild smoke suggestions or across the board? I'll throw in the Verdadero Organic and Graycliff G2 as some mild cigar suggestions that haven't been mentioned yet.
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    Gurkha Park Ave and 5 Vegas Classic are all I can think of with no mention yet.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    The ccom house blend sampler is a good place to start to give you an idea of what you like without spending to much money on something you don't like.
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero Digger
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    Rhamlin:
    The ccom house blend sampler is a good place to start to give you an idea of what you like without spending to much money on something you don't like.
    I also always think that this is a good place to start. Gives you an idea of what various types of cigars are like, without spending big $. Laker's recommendation was also an excellent idea, and Gurkhas tend to be hit-or-miss. Sometimes they're great, sometimes not, some of their blends are great but I've often had construction problems, and some of their blends just aren't worth it. Gets confusing, but you'll soon find what you like.
    docbp87:
    Are you trying to kill this one Doc? LOL
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,484
    laker1963:
    docbp87:
    I recommend you PM me your addy ;)
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    laker1963:
    docbp87:
    may have been a bit of a joke... that said, it's one of those things where one extremely painful experience can make future pain seem... less painful!
    docbp87:
    laker1963:
    docbp87:
    may have been a bit of a joke... that said, it's one of those things where one extremely painful experience can make future pain seem... less painful!
    LMAO. I assume you mean HIS future pain...
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    laker1963:
    docbp87:
    laker1963:
    docbp87:

Is that one of those " this is for your own good and is gonna hurt me more than you " experiences .
    gmill880:
    laker1963:
    docbp87:
    laker1963:
    docbp87:

Is that one of those " this is for your own good and is gonna hurt me more than you " experiences .
    That is exactly what I thought of Gene. I'm starting to think that Doc is an evil person. LOL.
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    laker1963:
    gmill880:
    laker1963:
    docbp87:
    laker1963:
    docbp87:

That is exactly what I thought of Gene. I'm starting to think that Doc is an evil person. LOL.

I think you are exactly right ... maybe we should rename him DocDoom !
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    .. I was thinking, if it doesn't kill you it will make you stronger.
  • TapeWormZTapeWormZ Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 47
    interesting... it seems ill need to post my will on the forum... thanks for all the help...yea Ill call the C.Com reps today and see what they would recommend. Smoked a Tatuaje this weekend. Did go by the store didn't see anything..(More like the employees we're useless) couldn't help a newb. lol. I did get a couple of man o wars in. So now my 75cnt has 12 cigars....lol I appreciate the recommendations... hopefully i can stock up some this week!
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,484
  • MarkerMarker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,524
    I got him taken care of. Small package coming for you soon buddy.
  • zeebrazeebra Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,166
    Come on fellas, dont you guys know when you bomb his monkey a s s, I feel the aftershocks since I live like 4 minutes away!! Take it easy fellas....LOL!