Home General Discussion

Ronson Jetlite

allsmokedupallsmokedup Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 738
I've been looking for Ronson Jetlites since last year in Walmarts in several states (NJ, MD, DE, SC), but I have yet to see these any place. Are they still out there? I know Zippo bought them up, but I still see people hawking them on ebay for double the price of what they go for in the stores. Does anyone have a Walmart nearby that stocks these?

Comments

• gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    They were at one close to me in N.C. several months ago ... I will check and see for ya . How many you interested in if they have them ?
  • allsmokedupallsmokedup Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 738
    Thanks! Three should suffice.
    allsmokedup:

I should be able to take care of this for you inside of a week . Picked one up tonite and manager said he had a case coming he hoped by Saturday. PM me your addy and I'll get them out quick as I can .
    These are great little lighters and damn near indestructible to boot .
    Gene
  • bigmatt72bigmatt72 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 89
    just don't use the ronson fuel with it.
  • rossdavey2rossdavey2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 979
    Hey man I have a bunch of these in my drawer. Got a special like 20 for $10 I will send you 3 if you PM your addy.
  • dbeckomdbeckom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,807
    bigmatt72:
    just don't use the ronson fuel with it.
    I use a Vector Hammer as my everyday lighter, but I have a Ronson that I keep in the car as a backup. It's about a year old and I only use Xikar fuel and I have never had an issue with it.

• RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    I've got one I use, pretty reliable. What's wrong with the romain fuel? I used it to fill it up seemed to work fine.
  • dbeckomdbeckom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,807
    Rhamlin:
    I've got one I use, pretty reliable. What's wrong with the romain fuel? I used it to fill it up seemed to work fine.
    The higher quality fuels are more refined and cleaner burning, providing more reliable service.
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    Local "Fast-Fuel" station is selling them for $3.99, I bought two. I love it! Using the cheapest gas, got 4 months service without a flaw before losing my last one. Using Xikar in my Zippo, after 2 months I had to clean it daily, by 3 months wouldn't work AT ALL. $60.00 waste of money. I was going to send it back to Zippo, but the postage would cost me more than a Ronson. I hope Zippo is listening, don't screw up a good thing.
  • NightHawkNightHawk Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 246
    ive used 2 for over about 2 years with only ronson fuel, and both have worked without a flaw!
  • jr_p951jr_p951 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,121
    The Walgreens by my place sells them also. I use a Ronson almost every day. Service it with better fuel though. Xikar fuel, I think. Works great! I haven't even thought about a different lighter! Let me know if you need me to pick you up a couple.
    gmill880:
    allsmokedup:

I should be able to take care of this for you inside of a week . Picked one up tonite and manager said he had a case coming he hoped by Saturday. PM me your addy and I'll get them out quick as I can .
    These are great little lighters and damn near indestructible to boot .
    Gene

Soon as you pm me your addy brother I can put these out to ya . Maybe even with a test stick or two ; ) .
  • bigmatt72bigmatt72 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 89
    I must have had a bad can of ronson fuel because from the get go the flame would only be lit sporadically. I would have to turn the lighter upside down to get flame to come out. Then I filled a brand new lighter with ronson fuel and could not get it to light. Then I emptied out all that fuel and put in Xikar in both of my lighters and it lights everytime and stays lit as long as I hold down on it.
    You have a PM, gmill!
    Responded bro !
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    I've read that the triple filtered fuel is supposed to be better for the life of the lighters. Mine gave me some fits the first time I tried filling it. But I read that if you tank the can and press it against the valve rapidly 6-8 times it helps purge the lighter of air. I tried it and it worked great no problems since.
    I use the vector triple filtered stuff. Never have had problems with my other lighters...
    PM to ya allsmokedup .