Home General Discussion

Been 5 days.

RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
Since I've burned one. Things have been so hectic think tonight I'm gonna sit down and relax with something.

Comments

• MarkerMarker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,524
    The great thing about cigars. No addiction habits (other than purchasing....) I can go 5-10 days without a cigar and no big deal. Would I rather have had one? Sure. Do I twitch and get cranky or get headaches without them? Nope. Never smoked cigarettes so this may be a dumb comparison.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    Marker:
    The great thing about cigars. No addiction habits (other than purchasing....) I can go 5-10 days without a cigar and no big deal. Would I rather have had one? Sure. Do I twitch and get cranky or get headaches without them? Nope. Never smoked cigarettes so this may be a dumb comparison.
    the real test is this: have you ever "needed" to go outside and huddle with a group of others around a smelly "smokers outpost" in snow up past your shoes/boots with 35-40 mph winds making the windchill -15?

ive never had to. ive never even seen that in the cigar world.
    in the cigarette world? Every winter in the snowbelt of ohio. (we are a nonsmoking state)
  • MarkerMarker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,524
    kuzi16:
    Marker:
    the real test is this: have you ever "needed" to go outside and huddle with a group of others around a smelly "smokers outpost" in snow up past your shoes/boots with 35-40 mph winds making the windchill -15?

in the cigarette world? Every winter in the snowbelt of ohio. (we are a nonsmoking state)
    I have not been smoking cigars over a winter yet. Only since May of this year. Winter here sucks more than winter there. I will guarantee you I don't need a cigar bad enough to go outside when it is -20 with a -80 windchill just to smoke a cigar. We have a very good B&M here and will go there once or twice a week. Otherwise my garage is not heated and I do not smoke in it anyhow.
  • dowjr1dowjr1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 600
    Yeah I go in stretches...sometimes go a couple weeks or even months and not smoke. Then wham! game is on and I am like "Man I would love a good stogie!" I might smoke 3-4 days in a row at that point.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    kuzi16:
    Marker:

that's what cigarillos are for! ;)
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    Yeah not too many nice smoking days left. Which reminds me I need to run out and get a plastic drop cloth and pull out a space heater to get my back porch ready for winter.
  • djbeeniedjbeenie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 469
    I am not looking forward to Winter. Enjoy your smokes white its still a little warm. :)
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    I am in the same place with things being too crazy to smoke! But I just had one last night and I think I enjoyed it even more after the wait. Maybe it was just having a break to sit for a couple hours... but either way it was good!

I don't mind the cold too much, Just bundle up. I think I enjoy smoking at night When there's snow on the ground.
  • RCY CigarsRCY Cigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,346
    Krieg:
    kuzi16:
    Marker:

that's what cigarillos are for! ;)

+1 Cohiba Red Dot and RYJ's are great for those days.

• t_evan50t_evan50 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,725
    Rhamlin:
    Yeah not too many nice smoking days left. Which reminds me I need to run out and get a plastic drop cloth and pull out a space heater to get my back porch ready for winter.
    +1 Last year I just went with a heater. This year I need to hang some plastic to keep the draft out.
    Put my plastic sheeting up today. Now I need to drag out the space heater. Looks like a greenhouse??
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    So is it like a hot steamy cigar sauna?
    Well I haven't got a heater out there yet but it'll at least keep me out of the wind. Had to leave the tops open on two sides for ventilation, so the smoke won't come thru the doggie door. Hope this works. Havent tried it yet.