Home General Discussion

Lost my Mojo. HELP!

jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
Fellas, I fear I have lost my cigar mojo. I am no longer repping for anyone and I have shutdown my cigar blog. The main reason is because I just didn't have time for it all anymore. Since my regular job takes me away from home often I decided I really needed to spend more time with my kids.

Over the last few months I have had some crazy cold like sicknesses that the kids brought home and I haven't been smoking much at all. I have sold off some cigars to downsize and I just find myself kind of in a slump.

Anyone else here been in a slump? I have seen guys here come and go and I often wonder if they just burned out and lost their own mojo. I still love cigars. I am still dying to try all the new cigars out there. I just feel like I am in a cigar slump and I am not really sure how to pull myself out.

Maybe a good cigar will cure it all when I am feeling better?

Comments

• KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    I have a feeling once you get over being sick, cigars will start appeal to you again. Have u been taking any antibiotics? Gone to the dr yet?
  • lcpleellcpleel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,447
    Dont smoke for about 2 weeks and then smoke what your favorite smoke is. If its bad send the rest of your sticks to me. Good luck.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    jsnake:
    Fellas, I fear I have lost my cigar mojo. I am no longer repping for anyone and I have shutdown my cigar blog. The main reason is because I just didn't have time for it all anymore. Since my regular job takes me away from home often I decided I really needed to spend more time with my kids.

Over the last few months I have had some crazy cold like sicknesses that the kids brought home and I haven't been smoking much at all. I have sold off some cigars to downsize and I just find myself kind of in a slump.

Anyone else here been in a slump? I have seen guys here come and go and I often wonder if they just burned out and lost their own mojo. I still love cigars. I am still dying to try all the new cigars out there. I just feel like I am in a cigar slump and I am not really sure how to pull myself out.

Maybe a good cigar will cure it all when I am feeling better?
    I don't smoke as much as I use to, though I still do and look forward to it. I imagine that having a blog and repping would be time consuming.
  • doromathdoromath Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 576
    I am in a slump. Been about two weeks since my last cigar and another two before that. I've been battling a pretty good case of life. I haven't lost my desire, just the ability to find time.
  • kevin1323kevin1323 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 294
    doromath:
    I am in a slump. Been about two weeks since my last cigar and another two before that. I've been battling a pretty good case of life. I haven't lost my desire, just the ability to find time.
    I hear you brother...I am in an 3 month stretch with 1.5 cigars.
  • zeebrazeebra Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,166
    You pretty much answered your own question in your first paragraph.

Family, friends, jobs, and anything else comes before cigars. You have your priorities straight Jake, so dont think anything of it. Cigars is a hobby, a past time to relax...

• Dark RoastDark Roast Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 463
    Yea I use to smoke two to three a week but have found four to five a month is fine. I use to be able to smoke at the office but that has been eliminated. I can smoke in the warehouse although frowned upon by company, but there was something comforting being able to sit at my desk while enjoying a smoke. Maybe that is what has slowed me down :(
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    zeebra:
    You pretty much answered your own question in your first paragraph.

Family, friends, jobs, and anything else comes before cigars. You have your priorities straight Jake, so dont think anything of it. Cigars is a hobby, a past time to relax...

Z. hit the nail.. This explains my cigar cycle of smoking.. I plan to take a week off work soon and catch up on relaxing, and cigars. You need to set aside an hour a week to unwind.. it is a sort of mental therapy.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    Well I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one experiencing this. It's been two and a half weeks since my last cigar and for the 6 weeks previous to that I've only been getting in one a week. That's just how life flows. I feel like it's slowing down again a little and I hope to get in a nice stick this weekend. I've been looking forward to a tasty cigar but life is just too busy at the moment. Good luck brother.
  • jr_p951jr_p951 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,121
    Lost your mojo....? You're spending more time with your kids! I'd say thats the best mojo! Def the most rewarding!
  • SchroozSchrooz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 165
    doromath:
    I have 4 slumps every month corresponding to the workweek. When I find time to smoke on my days off life is good, like the slumps never happened.
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    Glad to hear I am not the only one. I just feel off but I will probably feel better once I can light one up. Stupid cold. I haven't bought any new releases really either. Maybe if I find some new stuff it will spark things up. Thanks fellas. Enjoy hearing everyone's experiences.
  • JudoChinXJudoChinX Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 775
    Though not with cigars, I can relate. I've never kept my video game hobby a secret. There was a time when I was producing videos, writing articles, and producing a podcast for a site, and eventually, fun felt like work, and I lost interest for a few months. I gave up the writing and videos, but I still do the podcast. That's just enough to keep me busy without becoming disinterested in my hobby. Long story short: give it some time.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    Yeah burnout sucks brother. Sounds like you've been stretching yourself thin. Then add that to the stress of life sometimes you just got to take a break and concentrate on what really matters.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    JudoChinX:
    Though not with cigars, I can relate. I've never kept my video game hobby a secret. There was a time when I was producing videos, writing articles, and producing a podcast for a site, and eventually, fun felt like work, and I lost interest for a few months. I gave up the writing and videos, but I still do the podcast. That's just enough to keep me busy without becoming disinterested in my hobby. Long story short: give it some time.
    agreed.

i sometimes have this relationship with my reviews. sometimes i just dont feel like doing them at all.
  • blurrblurr Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 962
    I can completely relate with the burnout. I have an 11 month old son, so the last year has been hectic and crazy, & I'm lucky to get in 1 cigar a week. Heck for the 1st 3 months after my son was born, I smoked 1 cigar in 3 months time. Its been a blast watching him grow up, but at the same time you get burned out pretty easily between 10 hours a day of work & family nonstop in the evening. Just have to enjoy those rare times you get a few hours to yourself to enjoy a relaxing smoke, thats how I try to look at it.
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    I gots me some sniffles for the past few days as well, and with the chilly weather, my cigar-ness does tend to hibernate