Home General Discussion

What are you reading/smoking

2»

Comments

• wahooschockwahooschock Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 641
    Reading the site here.I need a book. But I like non-fiction or stephen king. Native American history and legends are awesome aswell.
  • Big''nBall''nBig''nBall''n Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 311
    Some good articles in the new cigar and sprit mag, ones about aging cigars.
  • benhanksbenhanks Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 323
  • WaltBasilWaltBasil Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,675
    Just finished the Wayward Pines trilogy by Blake Couch. Loved it. A fast and furious read.
  • benhanksbenhanks Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 323
    Cigar: AJ New World
    Boubon: Stagg Jr
    Book: Come back, Barbara by C. john Miller and Barbara Miller Juliani.
  • TwoThingismTwoThingism Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 121
    I'm in a book club and my theme is a book that was made into film, I saw most of this movie and it has a good story. And Scarlet Johannson doesn't hurt either.

• First WarriorFirst Warrior Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 707
    Novels mostly. After working my way through James Lee Burke, Robert Parker, Lee Child and C J Box I'm half way through David Baldacci. I've about wore my library card out. I'll be smoking one of my Kristoffs tonight and reading Hell's Corner.
  • youngryan216youngryan216 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 868
    TwoThingism:
    I'm in a book club and my theme is a book that was made into film, I saw most of this movie and it has a good story. And Scarlet Johannson doesn't hurt either.

What a great book and movie! Scar-Jo +1 here as well!
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,691
    ok just got finished reading this.pretty good book #1 in aseries. photo IMG_20141020_172405_zpsfm65byfl.jpg and just got done making these bookmarks photo IMG_20141030_17204_edit_1414704120166_zps8luzxpfn.jpg
  • Darktower007Darktower007 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,122
    Stop the coming civil war by Michael Savage and Undercrown tonight.
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,691
    sat out on the back patio and finisehd this book and cigar at about the same time..decent book great cigar oh and a goos cup of coffee photo output_zpsdn6qskm4.jpg thanks for the great stick james!!!
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    youngryan216:
    jsnake:
    Don't judge because I will punch you in the throat. The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks. I said shutty.
    My wife said you can borrow the Twilight series and she'll bomb you some tampons.
    Honestly the book was pretty weak and predictable and not as good as his other books. Reading Free Fall by Kyle Mills now who will take over writing for the deceased Vince Flynn to continue the Mitch Rapp series.

May have to organize a Swisher bomb run here.
  • First WarriorFirst Warrior Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 707
    I'm reading Mirror Maze by William Bayer right now. Got a stack of other books from our library yesterday. Going to burn a tat this AM.
  • EulogyEulogy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,295
    Just finished the third book in the Song of Fire and Ice series and I've just started Gone Girl. I'm enjoying a Flor de las Antillas.
  • HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    Eulogy:
    Just finished the third book in the Song of Fire and Ice series and I've just started Gone Girl. I'm enjoying a Flor de las Antillas.
    Man, if you want to continue the series at all I don´t recommend dropping off. By the time you finish Gone Girl you´re gonna have a hard time picking up all the complex storylines again. So freakin much going on in GoT.
  • HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    Cool thread, thought we had something like this (maybe a few years back). Anyway, I´ve read a good portion of the books mentioned here (Rainbow Six like 5 times, awesome book, all the GoT, plus likely some of the same textbooks on financial analysis and strategic management haha)...

Anyway, I´m currently reading book Knife of Dreams, book 11 (I think?) of the Wheel of Time by Jordan. Read all the way up through book 10 oh, say 10 years or so ago and then dropped off. Once I finished reading GoT I picked it up again from book 1 and am looking forward to finally wrapping it up over the next month or two. Some of my favorite reading while smoking is the Sherlock Holmes canon - I´ve read through it all several times, and the short story format of most of it makes for excellent reading while enjoying a cigar.
  • EulogyEulogy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,295
    I'm about halfway through Gone Girl, right now. I think, I'll be done with it in about two more days. I'll start the next GoT book after that. They're just so long.
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    What are the odds? I'm on Knife of Dreams too